- Ultimate Combo
- Sign Out Sign Out Sign In
242 Best Recreation-Themed Templates for PowerPoint & Google Slides
With over 6 million presentation templates available for you to choose from, crystalgraphics is the award-winning provider of the world’s largest collection of templates for powerpoint and google slides. so, take your time and look around. you’ll like what you see whether you want 1 great template or an ongoing subscription, we've got affordable purchasing options and 24/7 download access to fit your needs. thanks to our unbeatable combination of quality, selection and unique customization options, crystalgraphics is the company you can count on for your presentation enhancement needs. just ask any of our thousands of satisfied customers from virtually every leading company around the world. they love our products. we think you will, too" id="category_description">crystalgraphics creates templates designed to make even average presentations look incredible. below you’ll see thumbnail sized previews of the title slides of a few of our 242 best recreation templates for powerpoint and google slides. the text you’ll see in in those slides is just example text. the recreation-related image or video you’ll see in the background of each title slide is designed to help you set the stage for your recreation-related topics and it is included with that template. in addition to the title slides, each of our templates comes with 17 additional slide layouts that you can use to create an unlimited number of presentation slides with your own added text and images. and every template is available in both widescreen and standard formats. with over 6 million presentation templates available for you to choose from, crystalgraphics is the award-winning provider of the world’s largest collection of templates for powerpoint and google slides. so, take your time and look around. you’ll like what you see whether you want 1 great template or an ongoing subscription, we've got affordable purchasing options and 24/7 download access to fit your needs. thanks to our unbeatable combination of quality, selection and unique customization options, crystalgraphics is the company you can count on for your presentation enhancement needs. just ask any of our thousands of satisfied customers from virtually every leading company around the world. they love our products. we think you will, too.
Widescreen (16:9) Presentation Templates. Change size...
PPT layouts consisting of warrior iron throne made with swords fantasy scene or stage recreation of a medieval seat
PPT theme with beautiful red air balloon heart shape against blue and pink pastel sky in a sunny bright morning foggy mountains in the background romantic trip on valentine's day sport and recreation travel theme
PPT theme with red air balloon heart shape against blue and pink pastel sky in a sunny bright morning foggy mountains in the background romantic postcard background on valentine's day travel and recreation theme
PPT layouts featuring young man snowboarder running down the slope in alpine mountains winter sport and recreation leisure outdoor activities
PPT theme enhanced with emerald pool or tha pom klong song nam at krabi province thailand amazing crystal clear emerald canal with mangrove forest beautiful nature landscape travel holidays recreation concept
Presentation enhanced with hiking man in canadian mountains hike is the popular recreation activity in north america there are a lot of picturesque trails background
Slide deck enhanced with sailing yachts regatta competition summer sport and recreation activities
Theme with collage of happy family at leisure in summer
Presentation featuring young man snowboarder running downhill alpine mountains winter sport and recreation leasure outdoor activities
PPT theme having professional woman rollerskating during competition
PPT theme featuring sunset panoramic view of snow covered antarctic land picturesque south pole scenery beauty of the untouched nature the wilderness landscape travel background holiday hiking sport recreation
Presentation design enhanced with warrior iron throne made with swords fantasy scene or stage recreation of a medieval seat
PPT theme featuring panoramic landscape of scenic twin lakes recreation area
Slide set consisting of flaming gorge recreation area
Presentation design enhanced with professional woman rollerskating during competition backdrop
PPT layouts featuring cute corgi dog in a decked expedition canoe on a lake in colorado recreation with a pet concept
Slide deck consisting of hiking man in canadian mountains hike is the popular recreation activity in north america there are a lot of picturesque trails
Slides with martvili canyon in georgia beautiful canyon with blue water mountain river place to visit nature landscape travel background holiday rafting sport recreation vintage retro toning filter background
Presentation design having young beautiful indonesian woman getting recreation massage of head
PPT layouts enhanced with sport hiking in mountains walking and backpacking
Presentation theme consisting of pit bull dog in a life jacket in a red canoe on a calm lake in colorado in fall scenery recreation with your pet concept
Slides featuring beautiful mountain river and suspention bridge at cal cheak recreation site sea-to-sky hwy whistler vancouver canada backdrop
Presentation theme enhanced with flaming gorge recreation area
PPT theme consisting of perfect white sand beach in boracay philippines coconut palm trees against blue sky boat in ocean sunny weather travel background nature landscape holiday and recreation on exotic island resort background
Slides consisting of cosy atmosphere in the sauna in a spa area of a wellness hotel recreation and relaxation from everyday life background
Presentation theme enhanced with cheerful african american senior man doing salsa dance with woman against window in nursing home friendship togetherness enjoyment unaltered recreation support assisted living and retirement
Slide deck with big green tree in a recreation area of the hotel backdrop
Presentation enhanced with happy elderly senior couple cycling in park
Presentation theme featuring old broken rusty metal radioactive children's electric cars abandoned the park of culture and recreation in the city of pripyat the chernobyl disaster ukraine
PPT layouts enhanced with old broken rusty metal radioactive electric wheel abandoned the park of culture and recreation in the city of pripyat the chernobyl disaster ukraine
Slide set featuring hiking man in canadian mountains hike is the popular recreation activity in north america there are a lot of picturesque trails
PPT layouts enhanced with high angle aerial view over pokhara city nepal at evening blue mountain misty range and orange sunset cloudy sky in the background nature landscape travel holidays recreation concept
Slide deck enhanced with two cyclists on countryside track against hill and sky background
Presentation theme having young happy couple running on a green meadow with blue cloudy sky on the background
Slide deck with flaming gorge recreation area in utah background
PPT layouts enhanced with camping car in recreation site at sunrise backdrop
Theme featuring scenic glen canyon recreation area in utah
Presentation having flaming gorge recreation area
Slide set featuring sailing yachts parked in harbour in sunset light summer sport and recreation activities
Presentation featuring portrait of smiling male child sitting in a row with other children while using cellphone outdoor cute pupils typing on mobile phone at school during recreation time kids holding smartphone
More recreation templates for powerpoint and google slides:.
Free Leisure PowerPoint Templates
Free Umbrella Beach PowerPoint Template
Free beach PowerPoint template with umbrellas in the slide design is a free presentation design for travel and leisure presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint. You can download this free PowerPoint template to make presentations on travel and vacations to the beach. Hotel businesses can use a free umbrellas PowerPoint template for the beach to create presentations …
Plan your well awaited trip with free Leisure PPT templates . No matter what your reason to flex, there is a theme for you, such as Umbrella Beach, and Canoe. Download free leisure PPT templates , and have fun planning activities in your free time.
Alternatively, there are free Leisure PPT themes such as Blue Candles available for those who practice yoga.
Free Airplane Window PowerPoint Template
Free Man Fishing PowerPoint Template
Free Air Balloons PowerPoint Template
Free Golf Training PowerPoint Template
Free Girl Listening Music PowerPoint Template
Paradise Beach PowerPoint Template with Sailboat Picture
DJ Entertainment PowerPoint Template
Relaxing Chair PowerPoint Template
We will send you our curated collections to your email weekly. No spam, promise!
Video & Audio
drag logo to the bookmark bar and collect pikbest
Applicable for: individual advertiser, individual YouTuber, individual lecturer, individual audio book author, personal freelancer
Industry-leading legal protection
Authorized Use Range
Copyright Notice:Abusing Pikbest content without the authorization is prohibited,you may be liable for any violation.
become affiliate make money
video about us
advertise with pikbest
Leisure Activity PowerPoint Templates And Google Slides Themes
K song leisure entertainment nightclub disco animation slide PPT
Designed by: 大海广告①线23386766
Sales planning plan activity PPT template
Designed by: 老A
simple leisure fitness sports promotion ppt template
Designed by: 乐在沟通
qingfeng company annual meeting activities review staff demeanor presentation ppt
Designed by: PPT设计制作
Color business activity planning plan PPT template
Designed by: 静=^_^=/太阳
leisure life afternoon tea snack dessert cake ppt template
Designed by: 孙春晓
Color color block business activity planning plan PPT template
event planning marketing public relations activity plan PPT template
Designed by: 菲迩创意
fashion dining gourmet coffee leisure afternoon tea ppt template
Designed by: ↖藽藽
high end restaurant leisure afternoon tea drink coffee ppt dynamic template
leisure afternoon tea coffee dessert food industry general ppt template
Leisure life afternoon tea snack dessert cake PPT template
Designed by: 清净”
Leisure afternoon tea PPT template
Designed by: 千大茶
Purple marketing activity planning Purple
Designed by: 傅思良
business activity planning execution plan ppt template
Designed by: 史贺
Frame complete leisure business flat European and American style work summary report ppt template
Designed by: 乌鸦
Cooperation and win-win 2016 year-end work summary General ppt activity
Designed by: sen yang
Middle School STEM Activities Program White
Designed by: xiangzi
Black History Month Activities
Cartoon leisure holiday passion orange PPT template
Designed by: 亿欧商
After School Elementary Activities Pink
fresh and leisurely travel electronic photo ppt template
Designed by: .Attitude
Green Education Pre-K Awareness-raising Activities on Environmental Day
Small fresh summer travel activity planning PPT
Designed by: PNGTREE
Writing Activities for Middle School to Celebrate Handwriting Day Presentation Brown
Thanksgiving Teacher's Day Theme Activity Dynamic PPT
Social Skills Activities for Middle School to Celebrate International Thank-You Day Cream
simple cartoon style summer camp activities general ppt template
Elementary Awareness-raising Activities on Environmental Education Day Green
Red Christmas activity planning ppt template
Designed by: 杨子凌
Business plan marketing activities organization planning
Designed by: 壹德
Fresh tourism activity planning PPT
Traditional festival Mid-Autumn Festival activity PPT
middle school biology activities to celebrate world evolution day presentation green
Social Skills Activities for High School to Celebrate International Thank-You Day Cream
Elementary Activities to Celebrate International Day of Education Yellow
Pre-K Activities to Celebrate International Day of Education Blue
Welcoming new year's day holiday activity ppt template
Cartoon children's day activities general PPT template
Green Christmas activity planning ppt template
Middle School Awareness-raising Activities on Environmental Education Day Blue
Writing Activities for Pre-K to Celebrate Handwriting Day Presentation Yellow
Toothpaste activity affection Yellow
High School Activities to Celebrate US Science Fiction Day Black
Thanksgiving for having you Thanksgiving activity PPT
Celebrate Children's Day Activities PPT
How do you like the search results?
Thank you for your Feedback!
Great to have you back! Log in to see more
Start your free trial
Register to get 2 free downloads/day
Not a member? Sign Up
Free download millions of high-quality assets.
Sign up free to see more
Already have account? Log In
Welcome to find more free high-quality assets.
Log in to enjoy free download everyday
join the creator community
Upload your first copyrighted design. You can get a $10 cash bonus
- Design Templates
- Office Templates
- Multimedia Templates
- Decoration Templates
- Support FAQ
- Refund Policy
- Terms of Service
- License Agreement
- Copyright Information
- Intellectual Property Rights
Become Affiliate Advertise with us
13,249 Premium Members joined us
1) Share the above link 2) The invitee registers via the link 3) Both of you get 3 downloads for ALL CATEGORIES
Upgrade to our Premium Plan for unlimited downloads.
Free downloads unlocked
You've unlocked Today's Free Downloads. Check it out in your account and make sure to use it
Add shortcut to your desktop. Easily get back to Pikbest !
120 Leisure Activities Examples
Leisure activities are any activities that people engage in during their free time, away from their work and other obligations.
We might also call them recreational activities or hobbies .
We’ve got examples from physical, travel, cultural, arts and crafts, and just about any other category you can think of. Explore them all below.
Leisure Activities Examples
1. Walking: Walking provides a gentle yet effective form of cardiovascular exercise. Its simplicity and accessibility make it an ideal leisure activity for people of all ages as it can be enjoyed conveniently around local neighborhoods or in parks.
2. Jogging: Jogging can serve as a tranquil escape from daily life stressors, especially when performed in picturesque locations such as a city park. Regular jogging is proven to enhance cardiovascular fitness and mood.
3. Yoga: Incorporating a series of postures and controlled breathing exercises, Yoga is perfect for enhancing flexibility and balance. Regular practice could also promote mental wellness, with locations of practice varying from local community centers to peaceful home environments.
4. Swimming: Swimming is a low-impact leisure activity that serves as a full-body workout to improve muscle tone. Many find the rhythmicity of strokes and breaths meditative.
5. Cycling: Leisure cycling could be a delightful way to explore new landscapes on two wheels. The physical exertion benefits cardiovascular health, too.
6. Hiking: Hiking is a magnificent pursuit that combines physical exercise with the opportunity to appreciate natural beauty (like the breath-taking view atop a hill). The activity helps in toning muscles and improving cardio-respiratory fitness.
7. Dancing: Dancing serves dual benefits – it’s a platform for creative expression and a full-body cardiovascular workout. Various forms exist, ranging from ballroom dancing to hip-hop classes.
8. Kickboxing: Kickboxing is an intense fitness regime that not only helps improve strength, agility, and coordination, but the practice can also be empowering (e.g., classes taken at a local gym).
9. Tennis: Tennis is a competitive sport that involves two players (or doubles), giving one a full-body workout while engaging strategic thinking skills . Local clubs or park courts often provide a friendly community atmosphere.
10. Skateboarding: Skateboarding, a fusion of sport and art, develops balance and agility. Urban parks or custom-built skate parks provide the perfect venues.
11. Gardening: Gardening, although less strenuous, is a rewarding physical activity that combines creativity with moderate exertion. Establishing and caring for a home garden can create tangible, beautiful results.
12. Rock Climbing: Rock climbing is an adrenaline-pumping exercise that demands strength, endurance, and problem-solving skills . Both outdoor climbs or indoor climbing gyms offer unique challenges and experiences.
13. Basketball: Basketball is both a team sport and a stalwart leisure activity. It not only serves as a workout improving endurance and hand-eye coordination, but also nurtures team spirit.
14. Sailing: Sailing in the calm waters can be an exhilarating experience that combines the tranquility of the sea with the joy of steering a vessel. Proficiency in sailing demands understanding wind patterns and the mechanics of the boat.
15. Fishing: Fishing could be a leisurely and rewarding pursuit, often relished in serene environments. While the activity requires patience, the catch of the day provides a tangible reward for the time spent.
16. Aqua Aerobics: Aqua aerobics uses the resistance of water to provide a challenging cardiovascular workout. Classes held in local swimming pools offer a refreshing, low-impact alternative to land-based exercises.
17. Horseback Riding: Horseback riding is an engaging leisure activity that provides an opportunity to appreciate nature while also learning to communicate with the animal. Equestrian clubs often provide lessons, trails, and events for enthusiasts.
18. Pilates: Focusing on core strength, pilates combines elements of Yoga, martial arts, and Western forms of exercise. Regular practice in home settings or Pilates studios aids in flexibility, balance, and overall muscle strength.
19. Zumba: Zumba combines aerobics with dance movements inspired by various styles like salsa, samba, and hip-hop. Attending Zumba classes in local gyms serves as a fun way to break a sweat and learn new dance moves.
20. Beach Volleyball: Playing beach volleyball is a fantastic way to enjoy the sun and sand while getting a vigorous workout. Besides physical benefits, the team play nature of the game also offers an excellent platform for social interaction.
21. Museum Visits: A leisurely visit to a museum provides a window into historical, scientific, or artistic facets of our world. This activity allows for intellectual enrichment and an appreciation for different cultures or epochs.
22. Theater Performances: Watching a live theater performance, be it a dramatic play, musical, or dance recital, offers an engaging cultural experience. The energy of live performances often makes for a memorable outing.
23. Concerts: Concerts provide a unique platform to appreciate music in its most raw and powerful form. From symphony orchestras to local bands, these events cater to varied music tastes.
24. Cultural Festivals: Attending cultural festivals broadens one’s understanding of diverse traditions, often involving music, dance, and food. Many cities host such festivals, allowing attendees a chance to explore various cultures in their own locale.
25. Film Festivals: Visiting film festivals exposes one to cinema from around the world, often showcasing movies that are not found in mainstream theaters. Here, one can appreciate different storytelling styles or experimental filmmaking.
26. Art Galleries: An art gallery visit allows an individual to view and appreciate artistic expressions in various forms (such as paintings, sculptures, or installations). Such visits inspire creativity, spark conversations, and offer fresh perspectives on life.
27. Book Clubs: Book clubs provide an opportunity for literature enthusiasts to read and discuss various works. These gatherings can inspire philosophical discussions, personal insights, and foster a sense of community.
28. Poetry Readings: Poetry readings offer an intimate experience of listening to poets perform their work, often in small, cozy venues. Such events can stir emotions, resonate with personal experiences, or simply offer an appreciation of language’s beauty and power.
29. Language Exchange Groups: Language exchange groups, often found in larger cities or online platforms, allow native speakers to teach others their language while learning a new one themselves. These meetups foster understanding and appreciation for other cultures while forming new friendships.
30. Cooking Classes: Enrolling in cooking classes allows you to learn about diverse culinary practices, ingredients, and flavors. Such classes let you appreciate global gastronomy, often focusing on specific regional cuisine (like Italian pasta-making or Japanese sushi preparation).
31. Historical Reenactments: These events offer insights into life in different time periods, recreating historical moments or lifestyles. Participating or watching these awaken an understanding of history, not found in the pages of books.
32. Architecture Tours: These tours, focusing on cityscapes or specific architectural styles, provide in-depth knowledge about design, history, and cultural significance. Such tours can illuminate the relationships between people, places, and space around them.
33. Wine Tastings: At wine tastings, typically in vineyards, one can learn about wine production process while sampling different varieties. This leisure activity combines education, appreciation, and sensory indulgence.
34. Origami Workshops: By learning origami, the Japanese art of paper folding, one experiences a unique blend of creativity, patience, and precision. Such workshops often foster relaxation and impress upon the philosophies of minimalism and transformation.
35. Charity Work: Volunteering for charity work creates a direct impact on community welfare, bringing change and joy to others. Working in soup kitchens, animal shelters, or mentorship programs instills a sense of contribution and compassion.
36. Astronomy Clubs: Joining astronomy clubs and attending stargazing events offer opportunities to learn about celestial bodies and view astronomical phenomena like meteor showers. The activity combines science, nature, and wonderment of our universe.
37. Film Club: In film clubs, members watch and discuss various films, analyze cinematic techniques, and share perspectives. Through this, they delve into diverse narratives, explore different cultures, and appreciate the art of filmmaking.
38. Choirs: Joining a choir provides an outlet for those who enjoy singing, harmonizing with a group, and learning about musical arrangements. Besides improving vocal skills, it contributes to personal satisfaction and a sense of community.
39. Art Workshops: Art Workshops offer hands-on experience in various artistic disciplines like painting, sculpture, or pottery. These workshops serve as meditative spaces, encouraging creativity, experimentation, and personal expression.
40. Public Speaking Clubs: Enrolling in public speaking clubs, like Toastmasters, helps improve communication skills , boosts confidence, and fosters leadership qualities. These clubs provide a supportive environment for personal and professional development.
See More Cultural Activities Here
Hobbies and Arts
41. Photography: Amateurs and professionals alike appreciate photography for its ability to capture and express life’s moments. Engagement with this art form, whether using a traditional camera or a smartphone, allows for creative expression and visual storytelling.
42. Painting: Through painting, individuals can express emotions and ideas visually, utilizing various mediums like oils, watercolors, or acrylics. This creative process often brings relaxation and personal satisfaction.
43. Knitting or Crocheting: Knitting or crocheting offers a rewarding way to create various items like scarves, blankets, or sweaters. Apart from producing tangible objects, these hobbies foster relaxation, mindfulness, and patience.
44. Sculpting: Sculpting, through mediums such as clay or stone, allows people to shape three-dimensional works of art. It offers a unique ability to express creativity, test patience, and develop an understanding of form and structure.
45. Origami: The art of origami involves transforming a flat piece of paper into a sculptural form through intricate folding patterns. Mastering this unique art form provides a sense of achievement and mental relaxation.
46. Pottery: Crafting pottery involves shaping clay forms on a wheel, then firing them to hardness. It’s a fantastic way to create functional and decorative pieces, which instill a sense of accomplishment and aesthetic satisfaction.
47. Magic and Illusion: Practices of magic and illusion not just entertain but also stimulate the mind, requiring learning how to perform tricks that astonish audiences. This hobby enhances dexterity, observation skills and overall confidence.
48. Musical Instruments: Playing a musical instrument like the guitar, piano, violin or drums, can be deeply rewarding. The practice and mastery of an instrument can promote discipline, relieve stress, and provide personal satisfaction.
49. Writing Fiction: Writing fiction or poetry allows one to weave stories or express deep-seated emotions creatively. This pursuit provides an emotional outlet and may even lead to publication.
50. Stamping and Card Making: Stamping and card-making hobbies involve creating custom greeting cards for any occasion. The creativity involved in designing, stamping, and decorating these cards makes it an enjoyable hobby.
51. Model Building: Building models, like ships, planes, or miniature landscapes, require focus, patience, and attention to detail. It’s a hobby that results in a tangible, often fascinating finished product.
52. Bird Watching: Bird Watching or “birding” often involves venturing into nature to observe birds in their natural habitat, procuring both knowledge and appreciation for nature.
53. Gardening: Gardening at home involves growing flowers, vegetables, or herbs, enhancing the aesthetic appeal of living spaces while serving a functional purpose. Cultivating and caring for plants can offer a sense of accomplishment and tranquility.
54. Woodworking: Woodworking involves creating objects (like furniture or decorative pieces) out of wood. This hobby lets you work with your hands, develop problem-solving skills, and enjoy the satisfaction of creating something from scratch.
55. Baking: Baking as a hobby can be both creative and rewarding, with the bonus of delicious, homemade goodies at the end. Baking challenges can range from elaborate cakes to artisan bread, providing endless exploration.
56. Drawing: Drawing, whether with pencils, charcoal or digital mediums, allows the exploration of visual ideas and the expression of creativity. The hobby offers a means to relax, process emotions, and develop observation skills.
57. Comic Book Collection: Collecting comic books allows hobbyists to indulge in diverse narratives and appreciate distinctive graphic styles. Some collectors cultivate deep knowledge of specific characters, creators, or epochs in comic book history, often forming extensive collections.
58. Astronomy: Stargazing as a hobby can expand knowledge of celestial bodies and produce awe for the universe. With a simple telescope at hand, one can observe planets, constellations, and celestial events like meteor showers right from their backyard.
59. Dressmaking and Design: Dressmaking allows for customization of one’s style and fit of garments. The creative process stimulates imagination, improves problem-solving skills, and boosts self-confidence.
60. Magic Tricks: Performing magic tricks is a hobby that combines manual dexterity, quick thinking, and entertainment skills. It’s a fun way to bring joy and curiosity to people of all ages.
Travel and Relaxation
61. Road Trips: Road trips offer the freedom to explore various locations at your own pace. Sightseeing along the way and visiting local attractions make these journeys a memorable adventure.
62. Camping: Camping allows one to immerse in nature while honing survival skills. It can provide serenity, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
63. Meditation: Practicing meditation cultivates mindfulness and emotional well-being. Regular practice reduces stress and improves concentration through various techniques like focusing on breath, a word, or an object.
64. Spa Days: Visiting a spa provides a relaxing escape, helping to rejuvenate mind and body. Treatments like massages, facials, and body wraps can relieve stress and promote wellness.
65. Guided Tours: Guided tours, arranged by travel companies or independent guides, offer in-depth knowledge about historical sites, cities, or natural attractions. These tours often provide fascinating insights and trivia that enrich the travel experience.
66. Beach Getaways: A visit to the beach provides both leisure and thrill. Enjoying the sun, sand, and sea can be an elixir for the soul, while watersports offer an adrenaline boost.
67. Nature Walks: Nature walks serve as an opportunity to admire the beauty and tranquility of the natural world. Whether in a city park or a forest trail, these walks often offer relaxation and a deeper understanding of nature.
68. Cruises: Cruise trips offer an all-inclusive travel experience with activities, meals, and entertainment onboard. Visits to various ports allow a snapshot of diverse cultures and landmarks.
69. Tea Tasting: Attending tea tasting sessions enables understanding different tea types, brewing methods, and cultural traditions associated with tea. Tea estates often offer these sessions, providing a calm, aromatic ambiance.
70. Bird Watching Expeditions: Traveling to different habitats to observe birds in their natural environment expands knowledge of avian species. These expeditions often instill a deeper appreciation for biodiversity and conservation efforts.
71. Yoga Retreats: Yoga retreats provide an immersive experience of yoga practice, often in serene locations. These retreats combine physical exercise, meditation, and wellness workshops, promoting wellbeing and self-discovery.
72. Music Festivals: Attending music festivals offers an opportunity to watch various artists and bands perform live, often spread over a few days. These events also provide a platform to meet fellow music lovers and enjoy a shared community experience.
73. Theme Parks: Visiting theme or amusement parks offers a fun-filled day of rides, games, and entertainment. Such activities offer a break from routine and spark joy and excitement.
74. Food Festivals: Food festivals allow one to taste a variety of cuisines, discover new dishes, and indulge in gastronomic delight. Often these festivals also host cooking demonstrations or competitions, enhancing the culinary experience.
75. Wildlife Safaris: Wildlife safaris provide a rare and thrilling opportunity to observe animals in their natural habitat. Responsible safari experiences also contribute to conservation efforts and promote respect for native fauna.
76. Mountain Climbing: Mountain climbing offers a physically challenging yet rewarding experience. Reaching a summit, one not only experiences the grandeur of nature but also a sense of personal accomplishment.
77. Scuba Diving: Scuba diving opens a gateway to explore the underwater world, teeming with eclectic marine life and colorful corals. It’s a fascinating leisure activity that combines exploration, athleticism, and serene beauty.
78. City Tours: Taking city tours provides insights into a city’s history, culture, and landmarks. These tours often involve walking, cycling, or bus rides and can be a great starting point for exploring a new city.
79. Visiting National Parks: National parks offer a vast expanse of unspoiled natural beauty and diverse ecosystems. Visiting these parks offers recreational activities like hiking or bird-watching and fosters an appreciation for natural preservation.
80. Hot Air Balloon Rides: Experiencing a hot air balloon ride provides a unique perspective of landscapes from above. It’s a serene yet exhilarating experience, often remembered for a lifetime.
81. Video Gaming: Whether on a console or computer, video gaming is a popular leisure activity. Games span various genres, including action, strategy, role-playing, and simulation, offering entertainment and occasionally building problem-solving skills.
82. Blogging: Blogging serves as a platform to communicate thoughts, experiences, or knowledge about a specific interest. It can enhance writing skills , foster connections with readers, and establish oneself as a thought leader in a specific field.
83. Building Computers: Building or modifying computers offers a hands-on understanding of computer hardware. This hobby can create a custom machine that caters to individual needs while providing a sense of accomplishment upon completion.
84. Podcasting: Podcasting enables sharing ideas, narratives, or expert commentary around specific subjects. Creating or tuning into podcasts fosters knowledge-sharing and serves as an engaging leisure activity.
85. Virtual Reality (VR) Experiences: VR technology offers immersive experiences, ranging from games to virtual tours of far-off places. The interactive nature of VR provides a unique way to relax and explore.
87. Drone Flying: Flying drones as a leisure activity provides unique perspectives of landscapes. For enthusiasts, this could also include drone racing or capturing spectacular aerial photography.
88. 3D Printing: 3D printing allows the creation of physical objects from digital designs. The process opens avenues for creativity, innovation, and the satisfaction of bringing designs to life.
89. Digital Art: Creating digital art, using tools like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, offers unique possibilities for creating designs or illustrations. This hobby allows for creative expression and can also be a stepping stone to professional work.
90. Online Chess: Digital platforms have made chess widely accessible, enabling games with opponents across the globe. Playing online chess can challenge the mind, improve strategic thinking, and provide a sense of achievement.
91. Mobile Photography: Leveraging the capabilities of smartphone cameras, mobile photography enables capturing high-quality photos. This hobby allows creative expression and can be coupled with mobile editing apps to further enhance the images.
92. Virtual Volunteering: Virtual volunteering activities, like digital mentoring or online fundraising, enable contributing to causes from home. This digital engagement offers a sense of fulfillment by helping others.
93. Social Media Content Creation: Creating content for social media platforms (like Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok) is an increasingly popular pastime. It pushes for creativity, allows sharing aspects of one’s life, and fosters a sense of community with followers.
94. E-reading: E-readers have made thousands of books available at one’s fingertips. They allow book lovers to carry their entire library wherever they go, facilitating reading anytime and anywhere.
95. Video Editing: Video editing, using software like Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro, allows one to craft compelling narratives or visual effects. This activity requires creativity and technical skills , often resulting in personal or shared video projects.
96. Augmented Reality (AR) Games: AR games like Pokémon Go blend digital elements with the real world, offering a unique gaming experience. Incorporating physical movement, these games offer a fun, immersive way to spend leisure time.
97. Online Trivia and Quizzes: Numerous online platforms offer trivia games and quizzes that test knowledge across a range of subjects. It’s an enjoyable and engaging way to learn new things and compete with friends or players globally.
98. Internet Radio and Music Streaming: Services like Spotify or Apple Music have revolutionized music listening, with broad and customized playlists. These platforms offer access to a vast array of artists, genres, and podcasts, making the discovery of new music an engaging activity.
99. Online Courses: Online platforms offer courses across various disciplines like coding, design, or marketing. Through this, one can explore interests, learn new skills, or further knowledge at their own pace.
100. Animation: Creating animation or cartoons using software like Blender or SketchBook can be a fascinating hobby. It can spur creativity and can lead to the creation of short films or GIFs for sharing.
101. E-commerce Selling: With platforms like eBay or Etsy, people can start selling handmade crafts, vintage items, or even unwanted stuff as a hobby. The activity not only earns extra cash but can also be fun and rewarding.
102. Magic and Illusion: Learning and performing magic tricks not only entertains but also stimulates the mind, by learning how to perform tricks and illusions that astonish audiences. This hobby enhances dexterity, observation skills, and overall confidence.
103. Metal Detecting: Metal detecting is an outdoor activity that could lead to discovering interesting and perhaps valuable objects burrowed in soils of parks, beaches, or historical sites. Apart from the thrill of finding buried treasure, metal detecting presents a chance to learn about history.
104. Homebrewing Coffee: Brewing coffee at home has grown into a sophisticated hobby. Experimenting with coffee beans, brewing methods, and techniques to produce the perfect cup can become a quest for many caffeine enthusiasts.
105. DIY Crafts: DIY crafts can include a wide array of projects, like home decor, handmade jewelry, or upcycling items. These activities allow for creativity and could also offer practical solutions or idiosyncratic styles to homes.
106. Volunteering: Volunteering time and skills to social, environmental, or community projects is a rewarding activity. It helps to create a positive impact on others’ lives and develops personal skills and experiences.
107. Stargazing: Stargazing introduces astronomy enthusiasts to celestial wonders. Observing constellations, meteor showers, and planets fosters a profound connection with the universe and an understanding of astronomical phenomena.
108. Calligraphy: Practicing calligraphy combines art and writing, providing a creative outlet that also improves handwriting. Styles ranging from the traditional to the contemporary create beautiful art pieces and personalized cards or invitations.
109. Puppetry: Art of puppetry, creating and manipulating puppets, is a unique creative pursuit that can be performed for self-enjoyment or entertainment for others. Puppet creation allows for artistic expression, while performing improves storytelling and performance skills.
110. Parkour: Parkour, also known as free-running, is an outdoor activity involving movement through urban environments with agility and speed. This hobby not only improves physical fitness but also builds mental resilience and problem-solving skills.
111. Ghost Hunting: For the brave at heart, ghost hunting can provide thrill and a rush of adrenaline. This unusual hobby often involves visiting haunted locations and can lead to interesting, spooky tales to share.
112. Astronomy: Engaging in a pursuit of knowledge about celestial objects, space, and the physical universe can be both educational and awe-inspiring. With a simple telescope, even amateur astronomers can discover the beauty of distant stars and planets from their own backyard.
113. Stand-Up Comedy: Performing stand-up comedy is a creative and challenging leisure activity. This pursuit not only serves as a platform for humor and storytelling but also boosts public speaking skills and confidence.
114. Fermenting: Fermenting foods and drinks at home, such as pickles, yoghurt or Kombucha, is a growing hobby. It can be a rewarding way to create tasty, probiotic-rich foods at home.
115. Urban Exploration: Urban exploration involves visiting and documenting abandoned and restricted areas in urban settings. This pastime requires a sense of adventure and can lead to the discovery of forgotten pieces of history.
116. Candle Making: Homemade candles not only fill homes with delightful aromas but also serve as unique decor pieces. The process allows for creative control over the scent, color, and shape of the candles and can result in personalized gifts for friends and family.
117. Soap Crafting: Crafting soap at home allows for the customization of ingredients, shapes, and scents. It’s a fun, hands-on hobby that results in practical, homemade products.
118. Genealogy: Researching genealogical history provides fascinating insights into one’s ancestry, offers a personalized way to explore history, and may lead to surprising discoveries about family heritage.
119. Antiquing: Antiquing, or the art of finding, acquiring, and appreciating old objects, can be a fulfilling pastime. Visiting antique shops and markets fosters an appreciation of history and craftsmanship that modern items often lack.
120. Tea Ceremony: Studying and performing the traditional tea ceremony can be a meditative and cultural learning experience . This pursuit provides an immersion into the historical and spiritual aspects of tea culture.
Leisure activities cater to diverse interests and provide an avenue for individuals to relax, enjoy and broaden their horizons. Remember, the key to a fulfilling leisure activity is that it should bring you joy and enhance your overall life quality. Now, how about putting down this article and enjoying your favorite leisure activity?
Chris Drew (PhD)
Dr. Chris Drew is the founder of the Helpful Professor. He holds a PhD in education and has published over 20 articles in scholarly journals. He is the former editor of the Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education. [Image Descriptor: Photo of Chris]
- Chris Drew (PhD) https://helpfulprofessor.com/author/chris-drew-phd/ 50 Durable Goods Examples
- Chris Drew (PhD) https://helpfulprofessor.com/author/chris-drew-phd/ 100 Consumer Goods Examples
- Chris Drew (PhD) https://helpfulprofessor.com/author/chris-drew-phd/ 30 Globalization Pros and Cons
- Chris Drew (PhD) https://helpfulprofessor.com/author/chris-drew-phd/ 17 Adversity Examples (And How to Overcome Them)
1 thought on “120 Leisure Activities Examples”
Great list of Leisure activities. I am a Therapeutic Recreation University Student and I am looking forward to seeing how I can implement these ideas into programs or patient recommendations in the future. Thanks for sharing!
Leave a Comment Cancel Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
SPORTS AND LEISURE ACTIVITIES
Nov 28, 2014
1.06k likes | 3.86k Views
SPORTS AND LEISURE ACTIVITIES. DO. SPORTS EXERCISE YOGA JUDO GYMNASTICS AEROBICS KARATE MARTIAL ARTS. PLAY. FOOTBALL BASKETBALL TENNIS GOLF ICE-HOCKEY BOWLS BILLIARDS TABLE TENNIS. PLAY + BALL GAMES. GO. SWIMMING DANCING WALKING FISHING SAILING
- ing activities
- play tennis
- play ball games
- play ice hockey
DO • SPORTS • EXERCISE • YOGA • JUDO • GYMNASTICS • AEROBICS • KARATE • MARTIALARTS
PLAY • FOOTBALL • BASKETBALL • TENNIS • GOLF • ICE-HOCKEY • BOWLS • BILLIARDS • TABLE TENNIS PLAY + BALL GAMES
GO • SWIMMING • DANCING • WALKING • FISHING • SAILING • SKIING • CYCLING • SKATING • JOGGING GO+ING (ACTIVITIES)
DO AEROBICS PLAY BASKETBALL GO CYCLING
PLAY BILLIARDS DO GYMNASTICS GO DANCING
GO FISHING PLAY FOOTBALL DO JUDO PLAY GOLF
GO JOGGING PLAY ICE HOCKEY GO SKIING DO KARATE
GO SWIMMING PLAY TENNIS GO WINDSURFING GO WALKING
- More by User
Leisure Activities. Introduction. No shortage of amusement in Elizabethan England. Included Sports, Blood Thirsty Sports, Theatre, Games, and Dancing. Sports. Tennis Lawn Bowling Billiards Hunting Riding Soccer Fencing Field Hockey. Blood Thirsty Sports. Bear Baiting Bull Baiting
544 views • 7 slides
Leisure Activities in Britain
Leisure Activities in Britain. What is Leisure?. Freely chosen activities that are pursued during non-working time. Increasing Importance of Leisure. Home-based Activities. Activities outside the Home. The Availability in Leisure Time and Money.
1.23k views • 14 slides
Pompeii and Herculaneum Leisure Activities: THEATRES
Pompeii and Herculaneum Leisure Activities: THEATRES. http://sites.google.com/site/ad79eruption/herculaneum-1/theatre. Herculaneum…. http://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/herculaneum_women/.
358 views • 13 slides
Sports and Leisure Activities in Portugal
Sports and Leisure Activities in Portugal. Bullfight. History. Linked to ancient Rome 300 years as Festivals Spread to South America 19 th century Spain the bull is killed from the Moors tradition Portugal the bull is not killed Visigoth tradition. Characters of a Bullfight. Cavaleiros
431 views • 11 slides
Guidebook of Leisure Activities
Guidebook of Leisure Activities. Guidebook of Leisure Activities Negoreloe School № 1 Energetic 2014. We try to answer the questions :. What do you do in your free time if there is no place to go?( imagine this situation if it is unreal )
427 views • 25 slides
Sports, Hobbies and Activities
Sports, Hobbies and Activities. BSL Leve l 1 Unit 102. Sports. Game Match Set Score Won Lost Tournament Result Competition Race Trophy Medal. Football Tennis Cricket Basketball Athletics Rugby Badminton Squash Motor -racing. Sports.
619 views • 8 slides
Sports and Leisure Activities
Sports and Leisure Activities . Soccer . History of Soccer. Origin of soccer goes as far back as 2500 B.C. Soccer history began mid-nineteenth century. developed in England. History Continued. The Chinese – Played “ Tsu Shu ,” 2500BC . The Japanese – Played “ Kemary ,” 50 BC. The English .
424 views • 13 slides
Leisure activities: Amphitheatres
Leisure activities: Amphitheatres. By Emma White. http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/romans/pompeii_art_gallery_02.shtml. http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/8394552/2/istockphoto_8394552-old-man-with-walking-frame-cartoon.jpg. Grrrrr.
363 views • 22 slides
LEISURE ACTIVITIES. WHAT DO YOU LIKE?. playing football dancing skiing watching TV going to the gym taking photographs cooking playing computer games sailing listening to music swimming reading eating in restaurants going to the cinema going running sunbathing. playing football
698 views • 33 slides
Sports and Activities Project
Airsoft By Jack Morad. Sports and Activities Project. Muscles it uses. The muscles used are the biceps and triceps to lift the airsoft gun, Achilles tendon and the gastrocnemius to run,. How it helps your health.
202 views • 7 slides
Leisure Activities. Friday afternoon. Delhi. 1. Red Fort (Lal Qila). Red Fort (Lal Qila). Red Fort. Built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan Completed in 1648 It’s not in its original condition. Red fort includes:. Chatta Chowk (Bazaar). Red fort includes:. Diwan-i-Am
500 views • 16 slides
Leading sports activities
Leading sports activities. Year 9. Introduction. What makes the winners of the top leagues so successful? Why did the winner of the London Marathon select the tactics to run the race in that specific way? Who is responsible? The performer The coaches / managers
294 views • 14 slides
Unit 3 LEISURE ACTIVITIES
Unit 3 LEISURE ACTIVITIES. CONTENTS I. In-class reading. II. After-class reading. III. Exercises. IN-CLASS READING ETERTAINING HUMOR -WHAT’S FUNNY?. beyond the reach of. 无法达到（得到、理解等） Riches and fame are beyond the reach of most of us.
1.7k views • 139 slides
Leisure Activities. Chapters 10- 18. Alison Gensmer. Chapters 10-12. Key Terms. The Age of the Common Man - the period that American writers and painters found the national themes that allowed them to produce the first distinctly American art and literature
1.32k views • 96 slides
Leisure activities. In UK and China By 钟素嫦. indoor activities in UK. Most popular indoor activities. watching television (99%) listening to the radio (88%) . listening to records or tapes （ 83 ％） reading books （ 65 ％）.
456 views • 15 slides
Sports Leisure- Kayvine
Kayvine takes pride in providing authentic, stylish and state of art Office and Gaming Furniture and accessories. We provide wide range of Computer, Gaming, Home Office and Executive Style .
106 views • 7 slides
Leisure facilities and activities
Leisure facilities and activities. Chris Tyson – Head of Economy, Leisure and Property Jo Paterson - Partnership Development Officer. 2014-2024 Leisure contract - Better. Abbey Meadow Outdoor Pool Faringdon Leisure Centre Wantage Leisure Centre
111 views • 9 slides
Leisure Time Activities
MEDIACENTER. Leisure Time Activities. Looking for More Ways to Balance Work and Leisure. MEDIACENTER. Finding More Time for Leisure.
775 views • 10 slides
Flooring Options for Outdoor Sports and Leisure
MBM, UAEu2019s prime company in specialized constructions provide finest and high quality artificial grass in Dubai which are easy to install, low maintenance, highly durable, versatile and usable in any weather conditions.
30 views • 2 slides
sports activities betting
Sports betting is an previous practice and it's extremely well-liked these days. On-line betting is the long term of sports activities betting, as more and more players be a part of the virtual domain.
96 views • 6 slides
Leisure And Sports activities: Squash Shorter Report Classification
Tennis Racquets - What Are Your Alternatives? For somebody simply beginning as a tennis gamer, all racquets look quite comparable. Because of that it may appear as though it makes no distinction which brand name, style, or size you pick, as they all do generally the exact same thing. Nevertheless, while it holds true that all tennis racquets have the very same standard function, there can be an enormous distinction in the method these racquets carry out. Simply put, all racquets are not developed equivalent. The tendency to just discover the least expensive one and go with it is understandable because of the comparable appearance of a lot of racquets. At the very same time, racquets are the most crucial tool in tennis, and to advance as a gamer you will absolutely desire to pick a design and brand name that shows your propensities and abilities. Some racquets are developed mostly to provide the gamer more power, whereas other styles highlight control. Some racquets attempt to mix the 2 together. Which design is best for you will depend upon your abilities as a tennis gamer, and where your video game requires enhancement. If you require to include power to your return or serve, it is best to select from the racquets that weigh in between 8 and 10 ounces and have a broader oversize head. Larger heads will provide your swing more power and put more spin at the ball, though it comes at the expense of tighter control. Starting gamers may choose these power racquets merely due to the fact that they make it much easier to strike the ball, and to provide more power with less effort. As soon as you begin to master tennis and your abilities establish, you may wish to check out various racquets. Lots of gamers with moderate, establishing capabilities choose racquets that weigh a bit more, with a somewhat smaller sized head. This method they can start to enhance their precision and control while not quiting excessive power. Lastly, advanced gamers searching for the most accurate control tend to choose racquets that weigh over 10.5 ounces with an even smaller sized head. Once again, these racquets are preferred mainly by gamers with more ability and experience, and desire for more exact control. Advanced gamers take advantage of having an industrialized sense of their design and capabilities, that makes selecting a racquet particular to their capabilities a simpler job. Another aspect to think about is whether you wish to have fun with the standard racquet length or with an additional long style. Simply as broader head surface areas supply more power, so do additional long frames; nevertheless, this comes at the expenditure of some maneuverability. Likewise, head-heavy racquets use more power, however less control at the internet, while head-light racquets do the opposite. Obviously, your budget plan requires to be thought about also. You can in reality have fun with an utilized racquet from a thrift shop; nevertheless, this will most likely not be the ideal racquet for improving your video game, and some brand-new racquets can be remarkably budget-friendly. Among the most significant expense indications in brand-new racquets is whether the design is of a pre-strung or an ideal "efficiency" frame. The previous racquets tend to offer from anywhere in between $25 to $60 each, whereas the latter run in between $100 and $300 dollars. Premium efficiency frames include the most industrialized racquet innovation, and likewise permit modification as far as string and stress. Pre-strung designs provide a more basic, less customized efficiency, and can be a terrific alternative or novices still discovering their design. Selecting in between all of the offered racquets and discovering the finest one for you can make the distinction in between having an average tennis video game and an effective one. Checking out tennis racquets till you discover your finest fit will not make you a professional over night, however it can raise your video game as you select from racquets that finest fulfill your size, ability level and design.
69 views • 2 slides
Leisure Activities - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
Included sports, blood thirsty sports, theatre, games, and dancing. sports. tennis ... dancing. very popular. some of the most popular dances are: the measure ... – powerpoint ppt presentation.
- No shortage of amusement in Elizabethan England.
- Included Sports, Blood Thirsty Sports, Theatre, Games, and Dancing.
- Lawn Bowling
- Field Hockey
- Bear Baiting
- Bull Baiting
- Cock Fights
- Had to have plays in the afternoon because of no artificial light.
- Had a play everyday
- They had there plays in a Court yard.
- Ladies attended, but are usually masked.
- Very popular
- Some of the most popular dances are
- The Measure
- The Giallard
- The Capriol
PowerShow.com is a leading presentation sharing website. It has millions of presentations already uploaded and available with 1,000s more being uploaded by its users every day. Whatever your area of interest, here you’ll be able to find and view presentations you’ll love and possibly download. And, best of all, it is completely free and easy to use.
You might even have a presentation you’d like to share with others. If so, just upload it to PowerShow.com. We’ll convert it to an HTML5 slideshow that includes all the media types you’ve already added: audio, video, music, pictures, animations and transition effects. Then you can share it with your target audience as well as PowerShow.com’s millions of monthly visitors. And, again, it’s all free.
About the Developers
PowerShow.com is brought to you by CrystalGraphics , the award-winning developer and market-leading publisher of rich-media enhancement products for presentations. Our product offerings include millions of PowerPoint templates, diagrams, animated 3D characters and more.
An official website of the United States government
Here’s how you know
Official websites use .gov A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.
Secure .gov websites use HTTPS A lock ( A locked padlock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.
- Heart-Healthy Living
- High Blood Pressure
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Sleep Apnea
- Information & Resources on COVID-19
- The Heart Truth®
- Learn More Breathe Better®
- Blood Diseases and Disorders Education Program
- Publications and Resources
- Blood Disorders and Blood Safety
- Sleep Science and Sleep Disorders
- Lung Diseases
- Health Disparities and Inequities
- Heart and Vascular Diseases
- Precision Medicine Activities
- Obesity, Nutrition, and Physical Activity
- Population and Epidemiology Studies
- Women’s Health
- Research Topics
- Clinical Trials
- All Science A-Z
- Grants and Training Home
- Policies and Guidelines
- Funding Opportunities and Contacts
- Training and Career Development
- Email Alerts
- NHLBI in the Press
- Research Features
- Past Events
- Upcoming Events
- Mission and Strategic Vision
- Divisions, Offices and Centers
- Advisory Committees
- Budget and Legislative Information
- Jobs and Working at the NHLBI
- Contact and FAQs
- NIH Sleep Research Plan
- News and Events
- < Back To All News
Women may realize health benefits of regular exercise more than men
An NIH-supported observational study finds that even when women and men get the same amount of physical activity, the risk of premature death is lower for women
Women who exercise regularly have a significantly lower risk of an early death or fatal cardiovascular event than men who exercise regularly, even when women put in less effort, according to a National Institutes of Health-supported study. The findings, published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology , are based on a prospective analysis of data from more than 400,000 U.S. adults ages 27-61 which showed that over two decades, women were 24% less likely than those who do not exercise to experience death from any cause, while men were 15% less likely. Women also had a 36% reduced risk for a fatal heart attack, stroke, or other cardiovascular event, while men had a 14% reduced risk.
“We hope this study will help everyone, especially women, understand they are poised to gain tremendous benefits from exercise,” said Susan Cheng, M.D., a cardiologist and the Erika J. Glazer Chair in Women’s Cardiovascular Health and Population Science in the Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai, Los Angeles. “It is an incredibly powerful way to live healthier and longer. Women on average tend to exercise less than men and hopefully these findings inspire more women to add extra movement to their lives.”
The researchers found a link between women experiencing greater reduced risks for death compared to men among all types of exercise . This included moderate aerobic activity, such as brisk walking; vigorous exercise, such as taking a spinning class or jumping rope; and strength training, which could include body-weight exercises.
Scientists found that for moderate aerobic physical activity, the reduced risk for death plateaued for both men and women at 300 minutes, or five hours, per week. At this level of activity, women and men reduced their risk of premature death by 24% and 18% respectively. Similar trends were seen with 110 minutes of weekly vigorous aerobic exercise, which correlated with a 24% reduced risk of death for women and a 19% reduced risk for men.
Women also achieved the same benefits as men but in shorter amounts of time. For moderate aerobic exercise, they met the 18% reduced risk mark in half the time needed for men: 140 minutes, or under 2.5 hours, per week, compared to 300 minutes for men. With vigorous aerobic exercise, women met the 19% reduced risk mark with just 57 minutes a week, compared to 110 minutes needed by men.
This benefit applied to weekly strength training exercises, too. Women and men who participated in strength-based exercises had a 19% and 11% reduced risk for death, respectively, compared to those who did not participate in these exercises. Women who did strength training saw an even greater reduced risk of cardiovascular-related deaths – a 30% reduced risk, compared to 11% for men.
For all the health benefits of exercise for both groups, however, only 33% of women and 43% of men in the study met the standard for weekly aerobic exercise, while 20% of women and 28% of men completed a weekly strength training session.
“Even a limited amount of regular exercise can provide a major benefit, and it turns out this is especially true for women,” said Cheng. “Taking some regular time out for exercise, even if it’s just 20-30 minutes of vigorous exercise a few times each week, can offer a lot more gain than they may realize.”
“This study emphasizes that there is no singular approach for exercise,” said Eric J. Shiroma, Sc.D., a program director in the Clinical Applications and Prevention branch at the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI). “A person’s physical activity needs and goals may change based on their age, health status, and schedule – but the value of any type of exercise is irrefutable.”
The authors said multiple factors, including variations in anatomy and physiology, may account for the differences in outcomes between the sexes. For example, men often have increased lung capacity, larger hearts, more lean-body mass, and a greater proportion of fast-twitch muscle fibers compared to women. As a result, women may use added respiratory, metabolic, and strength demands to conduct the same movement and in turn reap greater health rewards.
The Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans recommend adults get at least 2.5-5 hours of moderate-intensity exercise or 1.25-2.5 hours of vigorous exercise each week, or a combination of both, and participate in two or more days a week of strength-based activities.
The research was partially supported by NHLBI grants K23HL153888 , R21HL156132 , R01HL142983 , R01HL151828 , R01HL131532 , and R01HL143227 .
Ji H, Gulati M, Huang TY, et al. Sex differences in association of physical activity with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2024; doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2023.12.019.
About the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI): NHLBI is the global leader in conducting and supporting research in heart, lung, and blood diseases and sleep disorders that advances scientific knowledge, improves public health, and saves lives. For more information, visit www.nhlbi.nih.gov .
About the National Institutes of Health (NIH): NIH, the nation's medical research agency, includes 27 Institutes and Centers and is a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. NIH is the primary federal agency conducting and supporting basic, clinical, and translational medical research, and is investigating the causes, treatments, and cures for both common and rare diseases. For more information about NIH and its programs, visit www.nih.gov .
Related health topics, health education, related news.
Got any suggestions?
We want to hear from you! Send us a message and help improve Slidesgo
st patricks day
Celebrate Slidesgo’s big 5! Five years of great presentations, faster
Game Presentation templates
Enjoy yourself with our game templates for google slides and powerpoint create entertaining activities, talk about games topic and mesmerize your audience with our designs. have a whale of a time.
The Calamari Game Minitheme
Let's play a game...if you get it right you can receive a large amount of money. What can this template be about? Congratulations player 278, you've got it right, you're on to the next game! Indeed, this is a template about the Korean series of the moment, which is fascinating...
Game Designer Portfolio
Download the Game Designer Portfolio presentation for PowerPoint or Google Slides. When a potential client or employer flips through the pages of your portfolio, they're not just looking at your work; they're trying to get a sense of who you are as a person. That's why it's crucial to curate...
Cool Homework Infographics
Download the Cool Homework Infographics template for PowerPoint or Google Slides and discover the power of infographics. An infographic resource gives you the ability to showcase your content in a more visual way, which will make it easier for your audience to understand your topic. Slidesgo infographics like this set...
Unlock this template and gain unlimited access
3D Cubes Mobile Game App Pitch Deck
In which mode do you want to play/edit this template? Creative mode or survival mode? Both are equally valid, but if we have something to tell you is that this design is full of creativity. This is a pitch deck for you to present your latest creation: a mobile application...
Hello, fellow gamer! Are you hyped, eager to know the latest news in the sector? If you're organizing a conference, fair or exhibition on gaming, you can promote it to the whole world with this template! Delight yourself with the 8-bit typography and the numerous illustrations of consoles and players....
Retro Video Games Newsletter
Do you remember those coin-operated game machines that offered hours of fun? Are you still in love with arcade and platform games? Share Retro Video Games news with your colleagues with this newsletter template now!
Game Design Agency
Download the Game Design Agency presentation for PowerPoint or Google Slides. Your agency is set to reach new heights and milestones. Allow us to accompany you on the journey to success with this all-rounded template. No need for typical sales fluff, this template speaks its cutting-edge design loudly. Display your...
Leisure Activities and Entertainment - French - Foreign Language - 7th Grade
Download the Leisure Activities and Entertainment - French - Foreign Language - 7th Grade presentation for PowerPoint or Google Slides. If you’re looking for a way to motivate and engage students who are undergoing significant physical, social, and emotional development, then you can’t go wrong with an educational template designed...
Simple Retro Pixel Business Basic Template
Download the Simple Retro Pixel Business Basic Template presentation for PowerPoint or Google Slides. The world of business encompasses a lot of things! From reports to customer profiles, from brainstorming sessions to sales—there's always something to do or something to analyze. This customizable design, available for Google Slides and PowerPoint,...
Geek Pride Day
May the force be with you! If you are an enthusiast of a hobby—gaming, music, history, anime, manga, drawing, you name it—celebrate Geek Pride Day with your friends by editing this futuristic and cool presentation. Just move to the internet… It’s great here!
Card Game to Improve Mental Arithmetic Skills
Download the Card Game to Improve Mental Arithmetic Skills presentation for PowerPoint or Google Slides and teach with confidence. Sometimes, teachers need a little bit of help, and there's nothing wrong with that. We're glad to lend you a hand! Since Slidesgo is committed to making education better for everyone,...
Video Game Creation Hackathon
Are you preparing or attending a video game creation hackathon? Take a look at this design! This presentation template is an ideal fit for any video game creation hackathon. The bright yellow background juxtaposed with colorful geometric shapes makes it an eye-catching design that conveys a sense of creativity and...
Arcade Effect Newsletter
This newsletter will take everyone who reads it back in time! For its design, it takes the aesthetics of arcade games, so you will find: an 8-bit style font for the titles, images of people playing video games and old computers and a blue grid background. This creates the arcade...
More and more countries are asking people to stay at home while trying to stop the spread of COVID-19. This is a weird situation especially for kids, who might not understand why they cannot go out for so long. We’ve designed a new interactive template with which you can play...
Bingo Night Social Media Strategy
Download the Bingo Night Social Media Strategy presentation for PowerPoint or Google Slides. How do you use social media platforms to achieve your business goals? If you need a thorough and professional tool to plan and keep track of your social media strategy, this fully customizable template is your ultimate...
Leisure Activities and Entertainment - German - Foreign Language - 7th Grade
Download the Leisure activities and entertainment - German - Foreign Language - 7th Grade presentation for PowerPoint or Google Slides. If you’re looking for a way to motivate and engage students who are undergoing significant physical, social, and emotional development, then you can’t go wrong with an educational template designed...
Funny Family Quiz
How many keys are on a piano? What’s the tallest building in the world? Do octopuses have a beak? Test your family’s knowledge with this fun presentation for a quiz night, the winner decides who washes the dishes for the next week! This design is completely editable so you can...
Retro Videogames MK Plan
How many lives do you have left? Only two?! Then you have to up your game if you want to beat the aliens! This template is a great resource that will get you to victory if you use it right. Use the creative resources and the fun icons we have...
- Page 1 of 19
New! Make quick presentations with AI
Slidesgo AI presentation maker puts the power of design and creativity in your hands, so you can effortlessly craft stunning slideshows in minutes.
Five years of great presentations, faster
Celebrate Slidesgo’s big 5!