- Sales (888) 257-3581
- Service and Parts (888) 257-8532
- Hours & Map
- Schedule Service
- 0 Saved Vehicles
Chevrolet Homelink Universal Remote Information
Chevy homelink features, how to program your chevy homelink, learn more about chevy technology in chiefland.
- Open and close your garage door or automatic gate
- Activate/deactivate your home security system
- Turn on and off your home’s interior and exterior lights, appliances, and other home electronics
- Easy of Use: Connecting your vehicle to your home, and to program Chevy garage door opener, is simply a matter of pressing a few buttons.
- Battery-free: Since HomeLink is powered by the electrical system in your Chevy you’ll never have to worry about changing batteries.
- Safety & Security: With most compatible garage door openers, including with older models like the 2018 Chevy Equinox garage door opener, the system will be able to let you know if you your garage door has been left open or closed. Homelink apps also allow you to have remote control over other in-home devices, such as the lights and security system, providing you with an extra level of peace-of-mind when you’re on the road. Learn how to program Chevy garage door opener with us! We can also help with Chevrolet Homelink programming.
- Compatibility: Homelink is compatible with just about all garage door openers and gate systems, as well as a wide range of other radio-frequency (RF) controlled devices. This makes GM garage door programming quick and easy especially with the universal home remote system Chevrolet models provide.
- Control Up to 3 Devices: On the Chevy interior, the Homelink system allows you to control up to three devices.
- The Chevrolet Homelink unit features 3 buttons and is most commonly located on the ceiling of the car above the center console. Press and hold down the first and third buttons until the interior lights of your car begin to flash . This usually takes about 20 seconds. Note that pressing the first and third buttons is the master reset, you do not need to do this when subsequently adding other devices.
- Once the ceiling lights begin to flash, press and hold the button you wish to program while simultaneously holding the open close button on your garage door opener . The lights should go from a slow to rapid flash, indicating that the programming is complete.
- Go into your garage and press the “learn” button on your garage door opener .
- Return to your vehicle and press the programmed button on your car for a minimum of two seconds. You may see the lights on your garage door opener flash, indicating that it is connecting.
Below are all of the Chevrolet vehicles that are equipped with HomeLink. To view compatible devices, click your model year below.
To search again, click here .