Some of these cookies are essential for the website to function correctly, while others may collect your personal information. In some cases, the personal information collected by our cookies may be shared with third party service providers.
You consent to the use of our cookies if you proceed.
Your cookie preferences
UniSA recommends the use of all cookies to provide you with the optimal experience while visiting our website. Choose below to accept the recommended settings or continue to adjust your individual preferences.
Adjust your settings
Assessment: Submit Assignment Files
Common questions, student help.
You can try the practice activity below and practise how to submit assignments: Assignment Submission practice activity For more about submitting assignments see the resource Assignment: Start Guide for Students
Steps to Submit
Login to your learnonline course site.
- Click Assessment .
- Drag and drop your assignment file onto the page. Alternatively you can search your assignment on your computer by clicking the folder icon in the top left corner.
- The submission status displays Submitted for grading.
Was this answer helpful?
Other related questions
- Assessments: Start Guide for Students
- Assessment: Request an Extension
- Assessment: Invigilated Online Exams
- Assessment: Media Assignments (Video and Audio)
- Assessment: Turnitin Originality Report
- Teaching Innovation Unit
- TEL work requests
- Professional Development
- IT Help Desk
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
- Student and Academic Services
- Student Portal
myUniSA Online Student Portal
The myUniSA Online student portal contains important student announcements, a summary of your courses and assignments and links to useful webpages.
Click on any of the highlighted areas of the image below to learn about that section or simply scroll down to read more.
If the area you want to learn about is not highlighted, try the Help page. Or if you cannot see any of these highlighted areas on your student portal please click on the Reset Page link in the footer.
For more information or assistance using myUniSA Home, please see the Help site.
UniSA Assignments Submission Through MyUniSA Portal
UniSA assignments submission is very simple since all you need is an internet connection to upload your work.
Assignments are ways lecturers or institutions get to know if the students understand the particular module. It also helps the students themselves to weigh how well they are understanding the particular course.
While you could submit your assignments by other means, submitting your assignments via the MyUniSA Students Portal is the best option.
If you choose to submit your assignments via mail, then you should submit the particular assignment only through it since submitting the same assignment through different channels could cause problems.
UniSA Assignments Submission Process
If you choose to submit through the mail, that is fine. But don’t submit the same assignment through the MyUniSA portal too. Make sure you submit your assignments in a UniSA envelope.
You can submit your multiple-choice or written text assignments through the MyUniSA platform. Here I will explain the easiest way to do both.
Another thing you must also note is that submitting your assignments after the due dates is unacceptable. Always make sure you submit your assignments at least 48 hours before the due date. This will give you enough room to correct mistakes or resolve internet connection problems if any should occur.
To start the process, you need a working computer with an active internet connection. Since this is a multiple-choice assignment, make sure you have all your answers ready before you even log onto the system.
You must always submit your assignments before the due date. Submitting your assignments early means you are not missing out on assignments.
If you are submitting your assignments through the MyUniSA platform, make sure you follow due process.
There is also an app for Android mobile devices that you can download to submit your multiple-choice assignments.
- To use the app, you must first download and install it.
- After downloading the app, open and log in with your MyUniSA details.
- Click on “ MCQ Assignments “
- From there select your answers and send them.
You will get a confirmation message to confirm that your answers have been received and that is it. The UniSA assignments submission can only be done on an Android smartphone so take note.
Written UniSA Assignments Submission
For written assignments, you must submit them through the MyUniSA portal or via mail.
If you are submitting through the students portal, then you must make sure you follow the rules correctly.
You must prepare your assignment in a format that is acceptable by the platform. If you create the file in a particular format, make sure you select the same format when uploading the file.
- To submit, simply go to the MyUniSA Portal .
- Click on the “ Assignments ” tab
- Select your file format and click “ continue “
- Browse to the location of your assignment and upload it.
There are many things you must consider before uploading your assignments. The most important of them all is your file format. PDF format is the best to use when submitting because it keeps everything as you want it.
If you choose a different format on the upload while your file is also in a completely different format, you might have problems.
Make sure when you are typing your work, you leave enough margin for lecturers to pass their comments when marking your work. The recommended margin is 2.5cm on an A4 sheet.
Do not style your work with colours, stylish fonts, and designs. Let the document be as clean as possible.
Do not leave too many empty spaces in your work as well.
If you have any questions or suggestions, kindly leave a comment below.
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
How Do I Download Unisa Assignments?
How Do I Download Unisa Assignments?: Assignment Unisa Login
A task or piece of (academic) labour is known as an assignment. It gives pupils the chance to learn, practice, and show that they have mastered the learning objectives. It gives the teacher proof that the students have met their objectives. Students at the University of South Africa (UNISA) are given assignments to help them get better in each course they take.
Submitting assignments to myUnisa is a straightforward process that enhances convenience and efficiency for Unisa students. By following this step-by-step guide, you can navigate the myUnisa platform and successfully submit your assignments for the year 2024. Remember to access myUnisa, upload the correct assignment file, and confirm your submission for each respective course. Stay organized, keep track of deadlines, and utilize the features provided by myUnisa to manage your assignments effectively and excel in your academic journey at Unisa.
The steps below outline the procedure for downloading the University of South Africa (UNISA) assignment to make it easier for any student to do so.
Read Also: Application Form For Unisa 2023 Download
- Assignments submitted through myUnisa which are marked onscreen (except multiple-choice question assignments, blogs, portfolios and discussion forums) will be available for viewing on myUnisa.
- Notiﬁcation of the marked assignment (together with a link) will be sent to your myLife e-mail account.
- Download your marked assignment, so that you have access to it even when you are offline.
- Unisa’s Assignment Division will not accept requests to cancel assignments submitted via myUnisa. It is your responsibility to ensure that the content of your assignment is correct before you submit it via myUnisa.
How do I know if Unisa received my assignment?
To enquire whether Unisa has received your assignments, go to myUnisa or send an e-mail to [email protected] – include your student number in the subject line.
Locating Your Course and Assignments
- Select the Relevant Course:
If you have multiple courses, choose the course for which you need to download assignments. Click on the corresponding course title or module.
- Access the Assignments Section:
Within the course or module page, find the section dedicated to assignments. It may be labelled as “Assignments,” “Coursework,” or something similar. Click on this section to proceed.
Downloading study material from myUnisa is easy to do. Just follow these steps:
- Go to https://my.unisa.ac.za and log in with your student number and password. If you haven’t yet activated your myUnisa account and claimed your myLife e-mail account, click on “Claim Unisa login” on the homepage of myUnisa and follow the instructions.
- Click on the myModules tab/link at the top of the screen.
- Then click on “Sites” (next to where your name is displayed on the top right of the screen).
- Now click on the star next to the module’s name . The star will turn orange. Close the site’s screen.
- You will see a message that states “Reload to see your updated favourite sites”. Click on “Reload” .
- Your selected modules will now appear in the top navigation.
- Now click on one of your module codes (eg ICT3621) and then on “Official study material” in the left-hand navigation panel. The PDF versions of the available study material for that module will display.
Formatting and page layout requirements for written assignments
For word processor and spreadsheet files:
- Set the paper options in your document to A4, default tray, auto feed (or auto-select).
- Set margins of at least 2,5 cm on either side for lecturer feedback.
- Do not use colour fonts – Unisa will only print assignments in black ink.
- Use only common fonts like Times Roman, Arial, etc.
- Limit your font size to a maximum of 16 for headings and a maximum of 12 for normal text.
- Line spacing can be problematic if your printer differs significantly from the Unisa printer. Do not use the Enter key (new line) to create empty spaces at the bottom of a page. Use the page break function of your word processor to force a new page. This will ensure that your page numbering stays exactly the way you indicated on your contents page.
- Pictures and diagrams may be included as long as they are not too complex and not in colour. Do not embed objects from other programs that require dynamic links.
- Fit your assignment in as few pages as possible, to save paper.
For MS Word documents:
- Keep tables simple. Complex tables can cause printer memory problems.
- Do not embed objects like spreadsheets into your document. Rather create a graphic of your spreadsheet or diagram, save it as a BMP, gif or jpeg and insert it into the file.
- In other words: No fancy tricks, please!
For Computer Science students:
- Submitting programmes and program output can be done in either a text (ASCII) file or in a word processor file.
- Remember that you can only submit ONE file per assignment, so you may have to combine different files into one document. You can also create a single PDF document that combines different source files.
- If you use a word processor, we recommend using a fixed-width font (eg Courier) so your program will be more readable and indentation will remain correct. Using a conversion programme like PDF will ensure that your file presentation remains exactly as you intended.
- With a word processor, you have better control of page layout, such as starting a new program on a new page.
Tips for completing assignments
Completing your assignments successfully involves
- reading the assignment instructions and questions.
- collecting the evidence, including photos, specimen documents, and artefacts.
- compiling a structured response using study guides, prescribed books, readings, observations, discussions, consulting a workplace mentor/learning supervisor, and the internet (please ensure that you are conscious of what plagiarism is and avoid plagiarising the source materials).
- using headings and subheadings (your assignment should include an introduction, the main heading, a description of the key facts, a conclusion, and proper referencing, including a bibliography and acknowledgement where applicable).
- providing as much factual information as possible, so that the marker can easily identify your knowledge and experience.
Remember: It’s your responsibility to ensure that your assignments are received by Unisa (preferably 72 hours) before the closing date. To enquire whether Unisa has received your assignments, go to myUnisa or send an e-mail to [email protected] – include your student number in the subject line. Assignment Unisa Login
Downloading assignments from myUnisa is a straightforward process that allows you to access and work on your coursework conveniently. By following this step-by-step guide, you can navigate the myUnisa platform and download your assignments effortlessly. Remember to log in to myUnisa, locate the relevant course and assignments section, and click on the assignment links to initiate the download. Stay organized by creating a folder structure and renaming files as necessary. With these steps, you can efficiently manage your downloaded assignments and excel in your academic journey at Unisa. APPLY NOW
***Click Here for more information about Unisa Academy
UNISA Contact Infomation
University of South Africa
P O Box 392
Tel: 0800 005 311
Email: [email protected]
SOME RELATED SEARCHES
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
How Do I Submit Assignments To myUnisa 2023
How Do I Submit Written Assignments To myUnisa 2023
Students who have completed their registration process and have downloaded the study materials using the myUnisa portal can likewise use the myUnisa portal to submit their assignments. Students are remembered that assignment submission must be done on or before the submission deadline date. With the myUnisa portal, you can submit both written and multiple-choice assignments for formal courses online.
In case there is a consistent problem with the Unisa servers two days prior to the due date, Unisa automatically extends the due date for a week. Students are to bare in mind that the automatic extension of one assignment does not imply an extension of the follow-up assignments, you must therefore continue with your study programme as initially planned.
How Do I Submit Multiple-Choice Assignments To myUnisa 2023?
Submitting a multiple-choice assignment via myUnisa is simple, fast and reliable. Just follow the step-by-step procedure provided below:
There are three ways to check that your assignments have been successfully submitted:
- When you submit an assignment, you will receive a clear status message. If the message reads “Assignment received in good order”, your assignment has been successfully received by Unisa.
- You will receive a receipt with a unique track and trace number on submission.
- Your list of assignments for each module on myUnisa will be updated immediately after the successful submission of an assignment.
Read: Does Unisa Have 1-Year Courses?
- Please check for mistakes before you submit! No requests to cancel assignments submitted via myUnisa will be accepted by the Assignment Section.
- Please do not submit the same assignment via myUnisa and the mail.
- If you use a dial-up connection, have your multiple-choice answers ready before dialling up. It will cost you money if you have to work out the answers while you are online.
- Do not wait until the closing date for your assignments. Submit assignments at least 72 hours before the closing date. This will make provision for unforeseen problems, such as your internet connection could be down / not available on the closing date.
How Do I Submit Written Or Text Assignments To myUnisa 2023?
To submit written or text assignments using the myUnisa portal, follow the process below:
- You must prepare your assignment in a file format that can be uploaded to myUnisa. This file has to be in one of the formats listed under the specified type of file. Not all file types can be accepted. Make sure that the type you select matches that of your file.
- When you click on “Continue”, your assignment will be uploaded from your computer to the Unisa network. This can take several minutes depending on the size of your assignment and the speed of your Internet connection. Once the assignment is received, details about it will be displayed on your screen for final checking. You can then either go back to make corrections or click on “Submit Assignment” to finally submit it.
- If your assignment score includes marks for layout and formatting, it is advisable to upload your document in PDF format via myUnisa. This will ensure that the layout and formatting are not automatically adjusted when submitting your assignment. You can find information about PDF converters on the myUnisa home page under Electronic Resources.
- Assignments submitted online via myUnisa will be marked online. The marked assignments will be returned to students to be viewed online. If you made a mistake and want to re-submit your assignment, you must do so immediately. You will only be able to submit an assignment while the re-submit link shows next to the assignment number. Please check for mistakes before you submit! The submit button will change to resubmit when your assignments have been accepted. Only resubmit if you need to change your assignment.
How Do I Re- Submit Assignments To myUnisa 2023
You will only be allowed to resubmit your assignment under the following conditions:
- The resubmit button is available
- The assignment has not been marked
- The due date has passed
- Make sure that your student number appears in your assignment text. For word processor files, it is a good idea to have a header on each page with your student number, course code, assignment number, etc.
- Do not submit the same assignment via myUnisa and the mail.
- Do not submit self-evaluation assignments.
- Make sure that your submitted file does not contain a virus! Students who repeatedly submit documents with viruses may lose the right to use myUnisa.
Contact The University Of South Africa (Unisa)
- P O Box 392
- Ethics Hotline: 0800 005 311
- [email protected]
No assignments handed in after the closing date will be marked unless special permission has been obtained in advance from the head of the relevant academic department. Visit The Official Website Of Unisa For More Details.
How Do I Check My UNISA Assignments?
UNISA’s goal to improve access to education and reduce inequality is important for ensuring everyone can learn more and help Africa and the rest of the world grow.
This article will cover a broad scope of assignments at UNISA and other related matters.
How do I check my Unisa assignments?
Assignments are an important part of university education because they help students apply and reinforce what they have learned, develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and prepare for exams and future careers. Assignments also allow students to get feedback on their work and improve it. Students can stay interested and motivated in their studies and get better grades if they do their homework often.
The steps below make it easy to check your UNISA assignments:
- Use your student number and password to sign in to the student portal for UNISA.
- Click “My Studies” on the home page.
- Choose the module whose assignments you want to look at.
- When you click “Assignments,” a list of all the assignments for that module will appear.
- Check that you know when each assignment is due, how to do it, and any other important details.
- You can get any forms or templates you need and turn in your finished work through the portal.
- Keep track of the assignments you’ve turned in and your grades, and check back often to see if anything has changed.
How long does it take for Unisa to mark assignments?
The number of students enrolled in a course, the assignment’s level of difficulty, and the marker’s current workload are all factors that affect how quickly UNISA may provide graded work to students. UNISA typically returns grades within two to four weeks.
However, marking times may increase during high-volume times like the end of a semester. Students can check the submission status of their work through their student login and get in touch with UNISA if they have any queries or issues about the grading procedure. It’s crucial that students turn in their work on time so that their assignments can be graded and their results returned to them before the following set is due.
How do I know when my Unisa assignment is due?
It is extremely important that you turn in an assignment on time in order to fulfil the deadline (also known as the submission date or the closing date). In the event that you do not accomplish this, the assignment will not be marked, and as a result, you will not obtain any entrance credits for the assignment.
Follow these steps to find out when your UNISA project is due:
- Choose the module whose assignment due date you want to check.
- Check each assignment’s due date, which should be written down in a clear way.
- Mark the due date on your calendar and make a note of it.
How do I track student assignments?
UNISA assignment tracking is an important part of the academic process at the university. It lets students and teachers check on the status of assignments, make sure that all assignments are turned in on time, and give students feedback. Technology has made it easier and more efficient to keep track of student assignments.
Through the UNISA student portal, students can find out when their assignments are due, see how far along their submissions are, and get their grades and feedback. Instructors or lecturers can also use the portal to look at and grade students’ work, track their progress and give them helpful feedback. By making it easier to keep track of assignments, UNISA helps to create a culture of academic success and excellence.
To track student assignments, here are some key suggestions to follow:
- Make a spreadsheet or database to keep track of all the assignments your students have to do.
- Give each student and each assignment a unique identification number.
- In the spreadsheet, write the name of the assignment, the date it is due, and the student’s name.
- As students turn in their assignments, add the date they were received to the spreadsheet.
- Use the spreadsheet to record each student’s grade and track which assignments have been graded.
- Make regular copies of the database or spreadsheet to ensure you don’t lose any important data.
Can you fail an assignment and still pass the module?
Most of the time, the average of all assignments, tests, and exams is used to figure out the final grade for a module. If a student fails an assignment but does well on other tests, their overall grade might be high enough for them to pass the module.
At UNISA, you can fail an assignment but still pass a module. But this can change based on the module and the assessment criteria, so it’s important for students to know how much each assessment counts. Also, students should try to do well on all tests since failing one could hurt their overall grade and make it harder for them to get to graduation. If a student is having trouble with an assignment, they should ask for help from their tutor or lecturer.
What to do if an assignment is late?
If you cannot submit an assignment on time for a UNISA course, you are strongly encouraged to get in touch with the relevant instructor or tutor as soon as possible. It is possible that they will be able to extend the deadline or provide alternate solutions. If you are unable to fulfil the deadline, it is imperative that you discuss the situation with your professor as soon as possible. Possible consequences for late submissions include receiving fewer points for the assignment.
What happens if you miss an assignment deadline at Unisa?
If you miss a deadline for an assignment at UNISA, it can hurt your academic progress in a big way. A late submission could mean a lower grade or even a fail, depending on the module. It’s important to stay organized and plan ahead to lessen the effects of missing deadlines. If you think you won’t make a deadline, talk to your teacher or professor as soon as possible to make other plans.
They might be able to give you more time or help you out. UNISA also has a variety of support services, like tutors, academic advisors, and programs for student health and wellness, to help students deal with problems and stay on track.
How to Cite A Unisa Study Guide
In this blog post, we will share with you the best way to cite a UNISA study guide.
How to Apply For Unisa Astronomy Course
At the end of this article, prospective students interested in astronomy can now know how to apply for an Unisa Astronomy Course
What Does Unisa Reinstatement Mean?
Many people do not understand what reinstatement means; in this blog, we will explore reinstatement at the University of South Africa.
How Many Credits Do You Need to Pass Unisa?
How Many Credits Do You Need to Pass Unisa. Check out the number of credits you need to pass UNISA.
Unisa Closing Date For Registration
Unisa Closing Date For Registration. The process of registering to the UNISA for this academic year, outlining the application and courses available.
How to Apply For Conditional Exemption At Unisa
As we continue to explicate the term conditional exemption at Unisa, we will share how conditional exemption works at UNISA and more
What Are the Requirements to Study Teaching At Unisa
Requirements to Study Teaching At Unisa. There are requirements that must be met to study teaching at UNISA
How Many Credits Do You Need to Apply at Unisa?
How Many Credits Do You Need to Apply at Unisa? Check out the number of credits you should have to pursue your dream career.
How to Apply for Aegrotat at Unisa
Special examis or aegrotat can be granted to students who fall ill on or before their exam date. Here is how you can apply for Aegrotat at Unisa.
How to Apply For Unisa Honours Degree
In this blog article, we will dive more into Unisa honours degrees. We will give insight into its requirements, qualification duration, and many more.
How to Check My Unisa Exam Venue
This blog post will largely look at UNISA exams, including finding the exam venue, exam timetable and consequences for missing an exam.
Unisa Late Application Dates For 2023
Unisa Late Application Dates. it is essential to be aware of when the application deadline for UNISA is and to complete the registration
How to Access Study Material From UNISA
In this article, we'll talk about how to get to UNISA study materials and a few other topics that are closely connected to UNISA study materials.
How to Check How Much You Owe Unisa
This information will guide how to check your outstanding balance with UNISA, its consequences and how to pay the balance.
How to Get Unisa Exam Results
This is why we will be sharing some tips with you on UNISA exam results and key concerns on how to access UNISA exam papers.
Unisa closes assignment submissions on student portal
- February 17, 2022
Back in January the University of South Africa (Unisa) announced that it would be upgrading its myUnisa student portal to use the Moodle learning platform, and now that upgrade seems to have had an effect on how students submit their assignments.
“Due to the upgrade of myModules on the myUnisa website, Unisa is closing the assignment submissions on the myAdmin platform. Students must now submit their assignments on their myModule s2022 module sites,” a message from the university reads.
This message also comes with a link to several guides called “Basic Skills” which can be accessed here .
These guides seem to show students how to navigate the new sections of the portal.
Interestingly, while Moodle is not mentioned by name on the page, its icon (a lowercase “m” with mortarboard hat on top of it) appears in the tab information at the top of a web browser.
For assignments students need to navigate to lesson 12, which shows them how to submit assignments. This lesson is broken down into two sections which you can access at the following links:
- Submitting assignment and quizzes .
- How to submit an assessment in myModules (PDF) .
Reading through these guides and they seem rather comprehensive with written instructions backed up with images, and the images have clear highlighted sections so students can be sure what parts of the interface they should interact with.
That being said big changes to important processes like submitting assignments can be stressful and it opens up the possibility that an error can be made while trying to learn these new systems.
Unisa has not left students on their own for this, with webinars on the use of the new system taking place. Students are directed to find details of the webinars under their announcements.
An email address is also provided for the Academic Development Open Virtual Hub (ADOVH) Team which seems to be linked to this new portal. That email address is ADOVH[AT]unisa[DOT]co[DOT]za.
- Categories: Blog , Education , News
- Tags: Assignments , Education , Moodle , myModules , myUnisa , Unisa , University of South Africa
LEGO joins Black Friday sales across South Africa
- 24th November 2023
A roundup of today’s Huawei Black Friday deals
Track this Black Friday’s big spenders on Peach Payments
5300 African SMEs graduated from Google’s Hustle Academy
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.
Hypertext is one of South Africa’s leading technology news and reviews sites, catering for consumers, small and medium businesses and the technology channel. We publish original content daily and welcome your feedback.
Click here to suggest a story. | Click here for advertising.
All original words & media by Hypertext by htxt.media are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Hypertext. Where images and material are supplied by rights holders outside of htxt.media, original publishing licences are indicated and unaffected.