Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
Questionnaire on effectiveness of training and development
by Sree Roy
Free Related PDFs
2016, Seetal Daas
Analyzing in the effectiveness of training in education sector in Badin.
Publisher ijmra.us UGC Approved
The training and development program was more important part of the organization. In current scenario it was becoming a blood for the organization. So the organization adopts the effective training and development program. Because it provide helps in improving the performance of employees. It increases the ability and capacity of the employees. The focus of this research paper was to study about the training and development program in the financial sector of the Moradabad. The aim of this research paper was to analyze the employee perception and satisfaction towards the training and development program. Another aim of this research was to find out the benefits and importance of the training and development program for the bank as well as employee. The result was that employees getting appropriate training and training program also improves employee's performance. .
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2023
Best 2024 Training and Development Questionnaire & Answers for Trainers
Best Sample Questionnaire for Training Needs Assessment & Training Evaluation
Learning How to Create Effective Training Surveys
Developing a training program isn’t just about imparting knowledge; it’s about ensuring it hits the right notes with your team. That’s where the importance of a tailored training and development questionnaire comes in.
Training surveys help you understand your training audience’s needs, so you can make the learning journey educational, exciting and enriching for everyone.
We’re here to guide you through the process, offering insights on formulating engaging questions, choosing the right question formats, and deciphering the feedback received. Our goal is to transform mundane surveys into dynamic tools that not only gauge learning but also inspire growth and development.
Looking for a quick summary? You’ll find one next. Want to dig into more detail? Keep going, and you’ll find more to read about training needs analysis methods and surveys.
Why is a Training and Development Questionnaire Important?
Before and after conducting employee training, it is crucial to gather feedback through a comprehensive training needs assessment (TNA). This process extends beyond merely distributing training questionnaires to employees.
The feedback obtained from training assessment template surveys acts as a direct source of information, enabling organizations to identify precise training requirements, ensuring training programs remain relevant and impactful.
A training survey plays a pivotal role at different stages, offering valuable insights. A training survey, specifically designed for employees, assists in identifying pertinent training topics for planning and implementation. Post-training, a questionnaire given to trainees provides essential feedback, indicating if training objectives were met and suggesting potential improvements for enhanced effectiveness.
Types of Training Surveys
There are two primary types of surveys prevalent in training:
- Training Needs Questionnaire (given before training)
- Training Evaluation Questionnaire (given after training)
These questionnaires serve as integral components of the training process, initiating with needs analysis and concluding with training evaluation, ensuring a holistic understanding of training requirements and program success. Further exploration of these assessment forms follows.
How OCMS Portal Became the Best 2023-2024 Change Management Tool for Change Managers ? Find out!
Training Need Analysis Questionnaire
A training needs assessment questionnaire is an essential tool used at the onset of any training planning process. These questionnaires serve to identify specific areas where training is necessary to enhance skills and knowledge within an organization.
For instance, a needs assessment questionnaire for employees might assess technical knowledge before implementing new software, indicating the need for training if deficiencies are found. Similarly, questionnaires directed at executives focus on performance metrics, pinpointing areas where training can bridge knowledge gaps.
These surveys are vital in change management initiatives, helping determine the necessary training levels to successfully transition employees to the future state.
Designed to align employee skills with organizational objectives, these surveys form the foundation for targeted and effective training programs, ensuring seamless skill development and goal achievement.
Looking for a training management tool with built-in training needs survey form and course feedback questionnaire? Check out OCMS Portal software. Providing an all-in-one experience, including superior training management tool.
- Training Evaluation Questionnaire
A training evaluation questionnaire, distinct from the training needs assessment form, is administered after the completion of training sessions. Unlike the former, which aids in planning and prioritizing training topics, this questionnaire assesses the training delivery’s effectiveness and its alignment with predetermined goals.
Administered immediately at the end of the training session, this post-training assessment form captures participants’ immediate impressions while the material is fresh in their minds. This timing not only ensures prompt feedback but also increases survey participation rates, as attendees are more likely to respond before dispersing.
Tips for Creating an Effective Training and Development Questionnaire
When creating a training and development questionnaire or training survey, customization and ease of use are key factors. Tailoring the survey to the specific audience is essential; generic templates should be personalized to ensure relevance.
Cloud-based survey platforms, like the one in OCMS Portal , are ideal for easy accessibility, allowing respondents to fill out surveys conveniently, with the added advantage of simplified data management through downloadable, collated results in formats like Excel.
OCMS Portal’s Training Assessment Form Reports
Learn more about the Training Development and Management Tool in OCMS Portal .
Additionally, designing the survey with tracking and charting in mind enhances its analytical potential. Incorporating multiple-choice questions aids in graphing responses, providing visual insights crucial for identifying necessary actions from the assessment.
Various question formats are valuable in these surveys, including:
- Open-ended questions encouraging detailed responses
- Multiple-choice questions facilitating graphical analysis
- Likert Scale questions gauging respondent agreement levels
- Rating scales suitable for post-training evaluations
Looking for questions for training evaluation and training needs assessment formats? Jump to example training survey questions .
Summary Conclusion – Training Questionnaire Format, Questions & Tips
It’s vital to remember the value of feedback in every step of training development. Whether you’re planning a training program or after it’s been delivered, gathering insights through training needs analysis methods and post-training surveys is key.
The training needs analysis questionnaire keeps your training goals focused and on target, while post-training surveys ensure those objectives are met effectively. We hope this summary of training and development questionnaire questions proves beneficial as you empower your team with valuable skills and knowledge.
If you’re looking for more information on developing training questionnaires, please continue reading.
Get over 100 free OCM resources and templates.
Free Change Management Templates & Tools for Change Mgrs | What You Need
Detailed Deep Dive
Everything You Need Including Top Manager & Employee Training Survey Questions You Can Use
Are you looking for some good training needs assessment (TNA) sample questions that you can use when conducting a needs assessment for training? Wish you could find a post-training assessment form for managers and employees? Need help with your training needs assessment format for a training survey?
If you answered “yes” to any of those training survey questions, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, you’ll find multiple questions to use in a training assessment template questionnaire , for free.
You’ll also find details on training needs analysis methods and how to identify employee training needs using a training needs assessment form for employees, managers, and executives.
Plus… if you’ve been looking for a good training management and training assessment template, we’ve got some details on OCM Solution’s #1 tool for managing training plans and conducting a needs analysis .
Before and also after you conduct employee training, it’s important to get feedback using a training needs assessment (TNA). But conducting a needs analysis or post training evaluation doesn’t mean only sending training questionnaires to employees.
Depending on your purpose for a training questionnaire, while conducting a needs analysis you may need to direct questions to multiple levels of an organization. A TNA questionnaire may be given to employees, managers, executives, trainers, or anyone else involved with training. You’ll also need to use questionnaire training needs assessment sample questions meant for managers or other leaders.
One of the best ways on how to identify employee training needs is through a needs assessment in training and development. There is nothing like getting feedback directly from “the horse’s mouth.” When asking training needs assessment questions to employees, you often get back the most relevant answers to inform your training plan.
A training survey can tell you if your training program is on track or falling off the rails. And a training need analysis questionnaire can help you identify the type of training needed in an organization.
Table of Contents: Employee Training Survey Questions
Keep on scrolling down this page to read each section or click any link below to go directly to that section.
1. What Is a Training Survey Used For? 2. What Is a Training Needs Assessment Questionnaire? 3. What Is a Training Evaluation Questionnaire? 4. Who Should Fill Out A Training Needs Analysis Questionnaire or Post Training Survey? 5. What Should You Know When Making a Training and Development Questionnaire or Training Survey? 6. Training Survey Questions for Employees & Leadership (Samples) a. Types of Training Assessment Form Questions b. Training Needs Survey Questions for Employees c. Training Needs Survey Questions for Managers d. Training Needs Survey Questions for Executives e. Training Evaluation Questionnaire for Employees f. Training Evaluation Questionnaire for Managers g. Post Training Questionnaire for Trainers 7. OCMS Portal’s Training Management & Training Needs Assessment Tool 8. Conclusion – Post Training Survey Questions & TNA Questionnaire 9. FAQ | Manager & Employee Training Survey Questions
OCMS Portal’s Training Management Tool with Training Needs Assessment Questionnaire for Employees & Managers
This innovative software gives you a single place to assess, manage, and evaluate training, it also includes training needs analysis questionnaire templates.
Try the OCMS Portal with Training Management Tool – Start a Free Trial Today
What Is a Training Survey Used For?
When planning and implementing a training program, a training survey can be used at various points in the process to provide insightful information. The training needs survey questions for employees template can help identify what types of training topics to plan and implement.
Whereas the training questionnaire given to trainees after taking a training offers important insights into whether training met the intended goals, and what could be done to make the training more successful if needed.
Two types of surveys that you’ll run across often in the training area are the:
- Training Needs Questionnaire
These two types of training and development questionnaire types bookend the entire training process, so it’s important to understand and use both of these training assessment forms.
Next, we’ll discuss both the training needs analysis survey and training assessment form in more detail.
PowerPoint Presentation for Making the Case for Change Management. Get Your Copy Today!
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments regarding this article about training needs assessment interview questions, training needs survey form options, and employee training needs assessment questionnaire templates.
What Is a Training Needs Assessment Questionnaire?
First, we’ll take a look at the training needs assessment survey. This is the training survey that will be used at the beginning of any training planning process.
Training needs assessment questionnaire templates are used to identify where training is required to bolster skills and knowledge in the organization. For example, a needs assessment questionnaire for employees may be given to gauge the technical knowledge of staff before a switch to a new software tool. If the training needs questionnaire for employees shows that staff doesn’t know much, then training is indicated.
Another example of a training needs analysis questionnaire is one that is given to executives or supervisors of teams. This may ask questions related to performance KPIs and where performance is lacking.
The training team then uses the answers from the leadership training needs assessment questionnaire to look for skills and knowledge gaps related to performance that training can help fill.
A training needs survey template is also often used at the beginning of change management support for a project. Once a general idea of who needs to be trained and the goals of the training are determined, a training needs analysis questionnaire for managers or training need identification questionnaire for employees can be sent out to determine things like the level of training needed and the receptiveness to being trained.
As the name suggests, the training needs assessment survey questions are all related to what is needed to improve the skills of employees so they can match organizational or project goals.
Example of a training needs analysis questionnaire from OCMS Portal’s Training Management Survey Tool
How to identify employee training needs is easier when you have a pre-formatted training need analysis questionnaire! Learn more about OCMS Portal with Training Management Survey Tool .
Do you have questions about training needs analysis methods? Need a training needs survey questions for employees template that you can edit? Looking for the easiest way to import answers to questionnaire training needs assessment sample questions? Please reach out and let us know. We can help!
What Is a Training Evaluation Questionnaire?
The second type of training survey that we mentioned earlier was the training evaluation questionnaire. Unlike the training needs assessment form, which is used to help plan and prioritize the type of training topics needed, this training questionnaire is given after training has been completed.
The employee training survey questions on the post-training assessment form are designed to evaluate the training delivery and to determine if it adequately meets its goals.
While the training needs assessment format is typically more flexible as to when you give the employees, executives, or managers the TNA questionnaire, when giving a post-training survey, it’s helpful if you can give it immediately at the end of the training, as part of the session.
The reason to give the employee training survey questions right after training has been done, and before everyone disperses, is twofold. First, the training will be fresh in their minds, so you’ll get their immediate impressions of how helpful it was. Second, you have a better chance to get more people to fill out the training survey if given immediately after the training session ends.
Example of a Post Training Assessment Form from OCMS Portal’s Training Management Tool
The employee training survey questions in the OCMS Portal’s training management tool are designed to easily import into your training management template.
Who Should Fill Out a Training Needs Analysis Questionnaire or a Post Training Survey?
When doing a needs assessment in training and development or sending a training survey to evaluate training effectiveness, you need to know who to give the survey to. Do you give it to the individual trainees? To trainee group managers? To someone else?
Your training needs assessment sample questions may be sent to one or all of the above. We’ll explain below.
In the case of training needs assessment questions, who you give them to will depend on a few things:
- What is the reason for the training needs assessment ? Is it to address performance issues, related to an upcoming company transition, or something else?
- Is the training needs assessment questionnaire for employees to learn their level of receptiveness or knowledge about a topic?
- Is the training being tracked at the organizational level or the individual level?
- How feasible is it to send a training needs assessment form for employees considering the number of people you would need to send it to?
When conducting a needs assessment for training or a post training survey, here are a few examples of who you would send the training needs questionnaire to and why.
If the reason for the training needs analysis survey is continuous improvement of the organization and not a specific project, then you might send the training needs assessment interview questions to executives.
In this case, you will want to ask things like their performance goals, areas of the company where KPIs are lagging, and future growth goals.
For a post training survey, it would not typically be given to executives (unless they were also trainees). However, in some instances, you may want to send it a month or two after the employee training to see if performance indicators have improved.
Jump to Training Needs Survey Questions for Executives
Managers of Trainee Groups
You might send a training needs analysis questionnaire for managers if you are tracking training at the group-level, rather than by individual trainees. Managers may also be a target audience for a sample questionnaire for training needs assessment in the case of performance issues in their department.
Jump to Training Needs Survey Questions for Managers
Likewise, the training questionnaire for training evaluation after training delivery would be sent to managers of trained groups if you are tracking training at the group level. You may also want to survey managers in tandem with sending employee training survey questions post training to get their perspectives.
Jump to Training Evaluation Questionnaire for Managers
You will most likely be sending a needs assessment questionnaire for employees when you are conducting training at the individual level. Employees are also the audience for a training needs assessment survey as part of ongoing staff development when the organization wants to identify an employee’s interests in further career and skills learning.
Jump to Training Needs Survey Questions for Employees
In most cases, the ideal people to give a post training survey is the employees or other trainee group that have just completed the training. This way you get feedback directly from the targets of the training.
Jump to Training Evaluation Questionnaire for Employees
There may be a situation where you’ll want to give a post training survey to the trainers that conducted the training. This can help you get their perspective on how trainees grasped the information as well as the ease of training delivery. For example, did they have all the resources they needed?
Jump to Post Training Questionnaire for Trainers
OCMS Portal does 80% of OCM tasks for you, but...
.... is OCMS Portal Really the Best Change Management Tool for Change Managers ?
Click above to find out!
Do you have questions about different training needs assessment formats? Are you looking for easy-to-use training needs analysis methods or a training need analysis questionnaire you can use to improve training effectiveness? If so, let us know .
OCMS Portal – #1 Training Assessment Template & Training Tracking Software
Explore OCMS Portal’s Training Tracking Tool Today! Start a Free Trial.
What Should You Know When Making a Training and Development Questionnaire or Training Survey?
Whether you are making a leadership training needs assessment questionnaire, training needs assessment questionnaire templates for employees, or training needs survey form of another type, there are a few things to know to make your workflow easier.
First, you should tailor the training survey to the audience. Don’t just assume the default format you get in free employee training needs assessment questionnaire templates can be used without any edits. It’s best to personalize the training questionnaire for the recipients.
Next, use a delivery method for the post training evaluation or training needs assessment survey questions that make it easy for everyone. A cloud-based training survey will be the easiest for recipients to fill out, and you can often download the results in an Excel file, already collated for you.
Another tip is to create the training needs survey template or post-training questionnaire with tracking and charting in mind. This means adding some multiple-choice questions that can then be graphed to provide visual insights.
Below is an example of a training needs analysis questionnaire chart based on multi-choice options that were included in a training need identification questionnaire for employees.
OCMS Portal’s Training Tool Survey Dashboard showing results from a training needs questionnaire for employees.
Training Survey Questions for Employees & Leadership (Samples)
Next, we’ve got a whole slew of questions you can use for training and development questionnaires. These include questions for a training needs analysis questionnaire for executives, a training need analysis questionnaire for managers, and a training needs assessment form for employees.
Post-delivery training and development questionnaire questions are also included. You’ll find employee training survey questions, as well as questions for a training assessment form for managers and trainers.
Feel free to use these questionnaire training needs assessment sample questions in your training evaluation activities. If you know of any training survey questions that we should add, please let us know. We work to make this the best training needs survey questions for employees template we can!
Types of Training Assessment Form Questions
Before we jump into the different training assessment template questions, we will quickly go over a few of the different types of questions you can use on a training needs assessment questionnaire for employees, managers, or others.
Open-ended questions cannot be answered with a simple yes or no. They require the respondent to fill in their thoughts. This is a good format to use for training needs assessment sample questions where you want someone to answer what skills or knowledge they would like to gain.
Multiple Choice Questions
When conducting needs assessment in training and development, it’s helpful to have some multiple-choice questions. These allow you to graph or chart the answers, which makes it easier to identify insights and actions needed from training needs assessment questions.
A Likert Scale asks the respondent to indicate their level of agreement with a certain statement. This is another helpful format you can use when conducting a needs analysis that can be translated into a graph or chart.
A rating scale may be more useful on a post-delivery training survey than a training needs assessment sample survey. For example, you could use a rating scale to ask the trainees to rate the training effectiveness or the trainer’s training delivery.
Get 100+ free change management templates and resources with a free OCM account today . No credit card needed
Please feel free to reach out anytime if you have questions about making a training needs questionnaire, training needs assessment interview questions, a leadership training needs assessment questionnaire, or a needs assessment questionnaire for employees. We’ll be happy to help!
Training Needs Survey Questions for Employees
Following are several questions you can use for employee training needs assessment questionnaire templates.
1. Choose the top 3 career skills you feel are most important to organizational excellence:
- Teamwork skills
- Software tools skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Leadership skills
- Technical knowledge of a process/system
- Skills for being organized
- Presentation/public speaking skills
2. Choose the top 3 career skills that are most important to you personally.
3. What level of training do you feel is needed to adopt this new (role, process, tool, or system)?
4. How do you prefer to receive training?
- Classroom, in person
- Classroom, virtual
- Live webinar
- On-demand videos
- One-on-one training
- Peer-led training
- Self-paced learning
- On-the-job training
5. How important is training to your continued career development?
- Very important
- Somewhat important
- Slightly important
- Not very important
- Not important at all
6. When is the last time you received training on any subject from the company?
7. What skills do you feel you need to successfully adopt this new (role, process, tool, system)?
8. What skills do you feel you are lacking for your own career development?
9. What’s your level of receptiveness to being trained on this new (role, process, tool, or system)?
10. How much time do you have in your week for training activities?
- 1 hour or less
Training Needs Survey Questions for Managers
These are questions that can be used for a training needs analysis survey directed at managers.
11. What level of training do you feel is needed for your team to adopt this new (role, process, tool, or system)?
12. List any specific skills that you feel would strengthen your team if they received formal training for them.
13. What is your level of agreement with this question? “I feel my team has all the skills they need to perform at peak efficiency in my department.”
- Strongly agree
- Slightly agree
- Slightly disagree
- Strongly disagree
14. List goals you have for your department in the future that may require employees that you manage to learn new skills.
15. Has your team shown improvement in the past as a result of the training? If so, please list the type of training.
16. How much time in a week would you be comfortable having your team attend training activities?
Training Needs Survey Questions for Executives
For training needs assessment questionnaire templates for executives, you can use the following set of questions.
17. What are the company’s goals for the next 12 months?
18. What areas of the company do you feel could be strengthened by bolstering employee knowledge and skills?
19. List any recent organizational key performance indicators that you are worried about.
20. How important is ongoing staff training and development to the organization’s mission?
21. Choose the 3 skills that you feel are most important for the organization’s employees to have.
- Good customer rapport
- Team collaboration
- Public speaking
- Software skills
- Strategic decision-making
- Cybersecurity awareness
22. List what you consider the top 2 performing departments and bottom 2 performing departments in the organization.
Training Evaluation Questionnaire for Employees
In this section are questions you can use for a training and development questionnaire designed to evaluate the effectiveness of training.
23. Did you find the training relevant to your work?
24. Use a 1 to 5 scale, with 5 being the best and 1 being the worst, to rate how helpful the training was to you.
25. Was the training relevant to your job role or a desired future job role?
26. Do you feel you need more training to fully grasp the material presented in the training?
27. On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best and 1 being the worst, how would you rate the delivery of the training by the trainer(s)?
28. Were you able to get answers to all your questions during the training?
29. How was the pace of the training?
- Too much, too fast
- Too slow and repetitive
30. Did you feel that the trainer(s) engaged with you well during the training?
31, How did the training meet your expectations?
- Better than expected
- Just as expected
- Worse than expected
32. Please provide suggestions on how the training could be improved in the future.
Training Evaluation Questionnaire for Managers
The following questions can be given to managers of groups that attended training to gather their input as to the effectiveness of that training.
33. Do you feel the training provided was relevant to the employees you manage?
- Yes, a little
34. On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best and 1 being the worst, how would you rate the delivery of the training by the trainer(s)?
35. Did the Training Team work with you to coordinate training with your department’s staffing needs?
- Not applicable
36. Do you feel your team needs more training to fully grasp the material presented in the training?
37. Have you observed any positive impacts yet from the staff training?
38. Based on this training, would you be interested in having your staff trained on other skills?
Post Training Questionnaire for Trainers
Once training has been delivered, it can be helpful to send a training survey to trainers. Here are some of the questions you can use for this type of training and development questionnaire.
39. Did you feel that trainees were engaged in the training material?
40. Did you have all the training resources you needed? If not, please note what was lacking.
41. How well did the training delivery timing match the needs of the trainees?
- We could have used more time
- Timing was just right
- We could have accomplished training in less time
42. What things that went well should be incorporated into future company training programs?
43. What things could have been done better with the training planning and delivery?
44. Did the technology run smoothly during the training? (software, video conferencing, etc.)
- Yes, everything worked as it should
- Yes, with just a few small issues
- No, but it didn’t hurt training delivery
- No, and it compromised training delivery
Do you know more questions to use when conducting a needs assessment for training to use on a training needs survey form? Do you have a sample questionnaire for training needs assessment you’d like to share with other training professionals? We’d love to hear from you !
OCMS Portal’s Training Management Tool with Training Evaluation & Training Needs Analysis Questionnaires
OCMS Portal is an end-to-end change management software. Its Training Management Tool is a comprehensive platform for all your training assessment, management, and evaluation activities. It’s based on the best practices for training needs analysis methods and training evaluation. You can easily switch between trainees and training course views to get a full picture of your training planning and execution.
The analytics dashboard provides actionable insights based on your training management activities and the training need analysis questionnaire provided to trainees. Export insights and have results from a training needs assessment format into a handy PDF report.
The OCMS Portal’s Free Resources area includes helpful tips on how to identify employee training needs, set up training programs, and more. There is also a project Tasks Checklist with training needs assessment and planning checklist.
OCMS Portal’s free training resources to help with a needs assessment in training and development, training planning, and training delivery evaluation.
Key includes with the OCMS Portal’s Training Management Software Tool:
- Training course planning template
- Trainee course status
- Trainee calendar
- Surveys for conducting a needs analysis and post training evaluation
- Training reporting and analytics
- Video tutorials, guides, and more
All-in-One Change Management Solution
for OCM Teams, Consultancies, and Project Teams
Try it free! No credit card needed.
It does 80% of your change management work for you! Read more ...
Click below to test drive this one-of-a-kind training management tool and OCM software with training needs assessment form for employees today. Get instant access as soon as you sign up.
OCMS Portal with Training Needs Analysis & Management Tool – Start Your Free Trial Now
Conclusion – Post Training Survey Questions & TNA Questionnaire
There are several training needs analysis methods you can use when developing a training program for an organization. One of the most important things to remember is to get feedback, both before training is planned and after it has been delivered.
A training needs analysis questionnaire helps to ensure that training planning is goal oriented and has a better chance of hitting the mark. Post-training surveys are a critical follow-up to ensure that training met its objectives.
We hope that this collection of training and development questionnaire questions is helpful to you when you’re enabling your team with new skills and knowledge.
FAQ | Manager & Employee Training Survey Questions
How do you create a training survey?
To create a training survey or training and development questionnaire, you must first decide on the target audience for the survey. Is it employees? Trainees’ managers? Another group?
Then, you need to decide what information you’ll be gathering. For example, are you making a post-training evaluation questionnaire or training need analysis questionnaire?
How do you measure training effectiveness?
You can use a training assessment form after training has been given to measure training effectiveness from the trainees’ perspective. Another way to understand how successful training has been is through measurement of trainee performance in using the newly trained skills.
How do you track staff training?
You should use a training management template to track staff training. It should include a place to input your training topics, training audience, and feedback from your training needs assessment questionnaire for employees or managers.
One of the most versatile training tracking software tools is included in the OCMS Portal - all-in-one change management software. Copy/paste this link into your browser to learn more about it: https://www.ocmsolution.com/ocms-portal/
Why is a training survey important?
A training survey is an important tool for planning and conducting successful training programs. One of the best training needs analysis methods is to survey those involved in training about their training needs and how well they feel the training was delivered.
Without using surveys that facilitate how to identify employee training needs, you’re really just guessing at what is needed and whether or not training met objectives and goals.
Note: Content on OCM Solution's ocmsolution.com website is protected by copyright. Should you have any questions or comments regarding this OCM Solution page, please reach out to Ogbe Airiodion (Change Management Lead) or the OCM Solution Team today. OCM Solution was previously known as Airiodion Global Services (AGS).
External sources: stock.adobe.com, https://www.ls.graphics/free/free-pixel-4-and-pixelbook-go-mockup
A questionnaire for training and development 3
More Related Content
What's hot ( 20 )
Viewers also liked
Viewers also liked ( 9 )
Similar to A questionnaire for training and development 3
Similar to A questionnaire for training and development 3 ( 20 )
Recently uploaded ( 20 )
- 1. A Questionnaire For Training And Development QUESTIONNAIRE NAME : AGE : DEPARTMENT : CONTACT NO. : I am a management student in conducting analysis study on Training and Development programs in this organization. Kindly co-operate in filling the following questionnaire : Thanking you.
- 2. Your organization considers Training as a part of organizational strategy. Do you agree with this statement? a) Strongly Agree b) Agree c) Somewhat Agree d) Disagree What kind of Training methods do you prefer? a) On the job methods b) Off the job methods c) Both Does the Induction Training is a well planned exercise in the organization? a) Strongly Agree b) Agree c) Disagree What kind of Training methods does the organization provide to train the employees? a) On the job Training method b) Off the job training method c) Audio Visuals d) Lectures e) All the above
- 3. Does Training helps to improve employee – employer relationship? a) Yes b) No How often the Training program are conducted in your organization? a) Every Month b) Every Quater c) Half yearly d) Once in a year Does Training helps to increase the motivation level of employees? a) Yes b) No Does Training enable employees more productive? a) Yes b) No Are you satisfied with present method of selection of candidates for Training? a) Yes b) No
- 4. Training program helped to increase the productivity of both quality and quantity? a) Strongly Agree b) Agree c) Disagree d) Strongly Disagree Does the Training course include the special challenges faced by managers and or officers? a) Yes b) No Does the Training program enable the employees to be accountable and authoritative in making decision? a) Yes b) No Does the Training method focus on developing team work and leadership skills? a) Yes b) No Does the developmental activity helps the management in identifying , analyzing , forecasting and planning changes needed in company’s HR area? a) Yes b) No
- 5. Does Training and developmental activities helps the organization to maintain employee relation rate? a) Yes b) No
- Solutions Industry Gaming Automotive Sports and events Education Government Travel & Hospitality Financial Services Healthcare Cannabis Technology Use case NPS+ Communities Audience Contactless surveys Mobile LivePolls Member Experience GDPR Employee Experience Conjoint
- Resources Blog eBooks Survey Templates Case Studies Training Help center
Career Training and Development Survey Questions + Professional training sample template
Use this free career development survey template, and sample questionnaire to collect feedback from your employees about the training needs. Know more about their expectations to help them get ready for future roles and increase their productivity. These learning and development (L&D) feedback questions help collect data to enhance your training programs. You can also customize this sample professional development questionnaire as per your needs. Collect data and analyze which skills your employees are most interested in.
- Desktop Created with Sketch.
- Mobile Created with Sketch.
Top 3 reasons to use the training and development survey template
Top 4 benefits of conducting training and development surveys, related templates and questionnaires, exit interview survey template, hr company and supervisor evaluation survey template, employee benefits survey template.
- Sample Questions
- Sample Reports
- Survey Logic
- Professional Services
- Survey Software
- Customer Experience
- Polls Explore the QuestionPro Poll Software - The World's leading Online Poll Maker & Creator. Create online polls, distribute them using email and multiple other options and start analyzing poll results.
- Research Edition
- Survey Templates
- Case Studies
- Coronavirus Resources
- Qualtrics Explore the list of features that QuestionPro has compared to Qualtrics and learn how you can get more, for less.
- Market Research Survey Software Real-time, automated and advanced market research survey software & tool to create surveys, collect data and analyze results for actionable market insights.
- Employee Survey Software Employee survey software & tool to create, send and analyze employee surveys. Get real-time analysis for employee satisfaction, engagement, work culture and map your employee experience from onboarding to exit!
- Customer Survey Software Robust, automated and easy to use customer survey software & tool to create surveys, real-time data collection and robust analytics for valuable customer insights.
- Community Survey Software Use the community survey software & tool to create and manage a robust online community for market research. Collect community feedback and insights from real-time analytics!
- Web Survey Software Powerful web survey software & tool to conduct comprehensive survey research using automated and real-time survey data collection and advanced analytics to get actionable insights.
- Mobile Survey Software Leverage the mobile survey software & tool to collect online and offline data and analyze them on the go. Create and launch smart mobile surveys!
- Business Survey Software Powerful business survey software & tool to create, send and analyze business surveys. Get actionable insights with real-time and automated survey data collection and powerful analytics!
- Enterprise Survey Software Real time, automated and robust enterprise survey software & tool to create surveys. collect data and analyze responses to get quick actionable insights.
- Email Survey Software Robust email survey software & tool to create email surveys, collect automated and real-time data and analyze results to gain valuable feedback and actionable insights!
- SMS Survey Software Use the power of SMS to send surveys to your respondents at the click of a button. SMS survey software and tool offers robust features to create, manage and deploy survey with utmost ease.
- Offline Surveys
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) Learn everything about Net Promoter Score (NPS) and the Net Promoter Question. Get a clear view on the universal Net Promoter Score Formula, how to undertake Net Promoter Score Calculation followed by a simple Net Promoter Score Example.
- Conjoint Analysis
- GDPR & EU Compliance
- Likert Scale Complete Likert Scale Questions, Examples and Surveys for 5, 7 and 9 point scales. Learn everything about Likert Scale with corresponding example for each question and survey demonstrations.
- Executive Team
- Advisory Board
- In the news
QuestionPro in your language
- Encuestas Online
- Pesquisa Online
- Umfrage Software
- Сервис опросов
- برامج للمسح
- Logiciel d'enquête
Awards & certificates
The experience journal.
Find innovative ideas about Experience Management from the experts
- Privacy Statement
- Cookie Settings
Creating a survey with QuestionPro is optimized for use on larger screens -
Though you're welcome to continue on your mobile screen, we'd suggest a desktop or notebook experience for optimal results.
Training and development survey template: capture essential feedback, share this article.
Discover how to capture essential feedback with our comprehensive training and development survey template. Tailored for trainers, this guide offers powerful insights into designing an effective questionnaire.
Admit it – you’ve deleted at least one email in the past few days from a company asking for your feedback. It seems like you’re always being asked to complete a survey and give your opinion. Some companies even offer rewards for doing so. But is feedback really so important? When it comes to training and development at your company, it could very well be.
Training and development surveys are an essential tool for any organization looking to improve its employee training and L&D programs .
Surveys can help you capture feedback on the effectiveness of your existing training methods, identify areas where improvements can be made, measure satisfaction with current programming, and determine what new initiatives might be beneficial.
A well-crafted survey template will enable you to quickly gather data from employees that can give you insight into how best to develop a successful training and development program.
In this article, we’ll take a look at why training and development surveys are important, what should be included in a survey template, and some tips for creating effective questions.
Understanding the Importance of Surveys in Training and Development
Key elements of a training and development survey template, sample training and development survey template, how to analyze survey results, tips to increase response rates for training surveys, frequently asked questions.
When it comes to developing any kind of corporate training and development program, it is essential that you capture feedback from participants. Surveys provide an easy way of gathering this information in a streamlined way.
Surveys can help you understand whether or not employees are satisfied with the current programming being offered, identify areas where improvements can be made, measure the effectiveness of existing programs, and determine what new initiatives might be beneficial.
By collecting feedback from employees about their experience in training and development programs, organizations can make more informed decisions about how to improve them for the future.
Feedback is essential for improving training and development programs. It can provide insights into what employees would like to see, how effective current programming is at meeting their needs, and which areas may need more attention or further improvement.
In addition, feedback helps organizations better understand employee preferences when it comes to the type of training they receive. This can enable them to tailor their offerings in a way that resonates with participants and offers maximum value.
Finally, surveys are also valuable for measuring employee satisfaction with current programs and identifying any issues that may be preventing them from getting the most out of the experience.
By collecting this information, organizations can adjust their training and development initiatives to better meet the needs of employees and department heads.
When creating a survey template for training and development, several key elements should be included. They are:
- Training Needs Assessment : this is where you ask employees to rate how prepared they are to do their job with and without training
- Training Quality Evaluation : here you ask employees to rate their satisfaction with the quality of training they have received
- Trainer Effectiveness : this is where you ask employees to provide feedback on the trainers who taught them or guided them and how helpful they were
- Learning Environment : here you ask employees to rate the learning environment they experienced during their training and whether it would be better online, in-person, etc.
- Post-Training Assessment : this is where you ask employees to rate their level of satisfaction with the training program after it has happened
- Feedback/Suggestions : here you ask employees to provide feedback or suggestions for improvement
If you’d like a survey template that includes all of these elements, you should try Thinkific’s Training and Development Survey Template . It contains sections for each and question prompts that give you an idea of what you should be asking your employees specifically.
But no template is perfect for everyone, and luckily, this one is easy to customize. So let’s take a look at some things you should be looking out for when tailoring your survey to your company’s training and development initiatives.
Objective setting is one of the most important elements to consider when creating a training and development survey template. Ask yourself: what are you hoping to achieve with this survey? Are you looking for feedback on existing programs, suggestions for new programs, or simply trying to measure satisfaction?
Once you have identified your objectives, create questions that will help you reach them. The clearer your objectives are, the easier it will be for employees to understand what they’re being asked and why it matters. And the easier it will be for you to take the information gathered to implement helpful changes.
The design of your survey questions can make or break the success of your training and development survey. Poorly designed questions will lead to inaccurate data, while well-crafted ones can provide meaningful insights that can help drive improvement.
When designing questions for a training and development survey template, think about how you want to phrase them. Avoid overly technical language or jargon that might confuse respondents, and try to keep it as simple as possible.
Additionally, be sure not to ask leading or biased questions. This could skew the results in one direction or another. Finally, consider using rating scales instead of yes/no answers – they allow employees to provide more detailed feedback.
Formatting and Structure
The formatting and structure of your survey have a big impact on how easily respondents can understand it. If the survey is too long or complex, people may not be willing to take the time to complete it.
So when creating a training and development survey template, make sure that you keep the length reasonable and include visual cues such as images or bolded text that will help draw attention to important questions. Additionally, consider using software tools like a template or a digital survey-maker that allow you to create surveys with an easy-to-understand format for free.
Finally, don’t forget about remote workers! Make sure that your survey is compatible with mobile devices so that responders can take it from anywhere.
Below is a sample survey template for training and development that captures all of the essential information needed to assess an organization’s employee training and development programs.
- General Information : Here you can ask the respondents to provide general information such as their name, job title, department, etc. If you’d like to keep your surveys anonymous, omit this section. But sometimes this information can be valuable to your understanding of your employees.
- Training Needs Assessment : In this section, you can ask employees to rate how prepared they are to do their job with and without training on a scale from 1-10 (1 being not prepared at all and 10 being very prepared). You can also add questions about any areas where they feel more or less prepared, like, “Are there specific skills or knowledge areas you feel you need to improve for your current role?”
- Training Quality Evaluation : Here you can ask employees to rate their satisfaction with the quality of training they have received on a scale from 1-10 (1 being very dissatisfied and 10 being completely satisfied). You can also add questions about any areas where they feel more or less satisfied, like “Are there any aspects you noticed where the programs could be improved?”
- Trainer Effectiveness : In this section, you can ask employees to provide feedback on the trainers who taught them or guided them and how helpful they were on a scale from 1-10 (1 being very unhelpful and 10 being extremely helpful). You could ask a question like, “What specific qualities of the trainers do you appreciate?”
- Learning Environment : Here you can ask employees to rate the learning environment they experienced during their training and whether it would be better online, in-person, etc. on a scale from 1-10 (1 being very unsatisfactory and 10 being extremely satisfactory). Here, you could ask, “What elements of the learning environment do you find most beneficial?”
- Post-Training Assessment : Here you can ask employees to rate their level of satisfaction with the training program after it has happened on a scale from 1-10 (1 being very dissatisfied and 10 being completely satisfied). For specific feedback, you could ask, “Can you provide examples of how you have applied the skills or knowledge gained from the training in your job role?”
- Feedback/Suggestions : Finally, here you can ask employees to provide feedback or suggestions for improvement that could help enhance the effectiveness of your training programs in the future. You should leave this as open-ended as possible so that employees have the space to say whatever they feel.
Once you’ve collected the data from a training and development survey, the next step is to analyze it. The goal of analyzing survey results is to identify areas that need improvement or where current programming isn’t meeting employees’ expectations. Analyzing survey results can be broken down into four steps:
- Identify patterns in responses – Look for common themes among responses and group them by topic area. This will help you get an overall picture of what employees think about your training and development programs.
- Compare employee feedback with organizational goals – Check that employee feedback aligns with the organization’s training goals. This will help you understand if the current program is meeting its objectives or not.
- Perform a gap analysis – Compare employee feedback to organizational goals and identify any gaps between what employees want and what the organization is providing in terms of training and development opportunities.
- Create an action plan – Once you’ve identified areas where improvement can be made, create an action plan that outlines steps for addressing those issues. This could include revising existing programs, creating new ones, or even reevaluating your overall approach to training and development.
With these four steps and an optimized survey, you’re sure to get the results you want and implement them effectively into your company structure.
When it comes to surveys, response rates can be a major challenge. If you don’t get enough responses or the wrong kind of responses, then the data won’t give you an accurate picture of how employees feel about your training and development programs. Here are a few tips for improving response rates:
- Make sure that the survey is easy to understand – Use simple language that everyone can understand and make sure questions are clear and concise. This will help ensure that employees know exactly what they need to do when completing the survey.
- Offer incentives – Offering rewards or other incentives can be a great way to encourage employees to complete the survey. This could include gift cards, extra vacation days, or other perks that would appeal to your target audience.
- Keep it short – Long surveys are more likely to be ignored or abandoned before completion. Try to keep your surveys as concise as possible while still collecting the data you need.
- Follow-up – If you don’t get enough responses within a certain timeframe, consider sending out reminder emails or other follow-up messages encouraging people to fill out the survey.
Hopefully, these strategies will make sure you get the most response rates for the most accurate view of your company’s training and development programs.
Training and development surveys are an essential tool for any company looking to improve its employee training and development programs. A survey template, like the one provided here, is a great way to quickly capture feedback from employees on the effectiveness of current training methods, identify areas that need improvement, measure satisfaction with existing programming, and determine what new initiatives might be beneficial.
By including questions designed to collect valuable data about the organization’s training program, you can create an effective survey template that will help your organization better understand its training needs.
Download the Training and Development Survey Template:
Why is a survey necessary for training and development.
A survey is necessary for training and development because it provides essential feedback on the effectiveness of existing programs. It allows managers to identify areas where improvements can be made, measure satisfaction with current programming, and determine what new initiatives might be beneficial.
Surveys also allow you to gauge employee motivation levels and determine how well they understand the objectives of a program. Ultimately, surveys are useful in creating an effective training and development plan that meets the needs of both employees and employers.
What should a training and development survey include?
A training and development survey should include sections for:
- training needs assessment
- training quality evaluation
- trainer effectiveness
- learning environment
- post-training assessment
They should also think about objective setting, question design, and formatting and structure.
How do I analyze the results from a training and development survey?
The main four ways to analyze results from a training and development survey are:
- Identifying patterns in responses
- Comparing employee feedback with organizational goals
- Performing a gap analysis
- Creating an action plan
How can I increase the response rate for my training surveys?
You can increase the response rate for your surveys by:
- Ensuring that the survey is easy to understand
- Offering incentives
- Keeping it short
- Following up
Where can I find a good training and development survey template?
Thinkific’s Training and Development Survey Templat e is a great starting point for your template, but you can also refer to the “Sample Training and Development Survey Template” for ideas on how to make your own based on Thinkific’s template.
Daniela Ochoa is the go-to Content Marketing Specialist here at Thinkific Plus! With years of experience in marketing and communications, she is passionate about helping businesses grow through strategic storytelling, innovative digital campaigns, and online learning at scale.On this blog, she shares her expertise in content marketing, lead generation, and more.
- How to Build an Organizational Development Plan: A Comprehensive Guide (+Template)
- How To Track Employee Training (+Excel Template)
- Use This Learning and Development Template to Streamline L&D Planning
- Use This Organizational Development Framework Template to Plan Your OD Strategy
- The ROI of Compliance Training: Attribution & Business Case (Calculator & Template)
Saas renewal management: strategy and best practices to reduce churn.
Discover effective strategies and best practices for SaaS renewal management. Learn how to optimize your renewal process, implement a successful renewal strategy, and leverage marketing automation for B2B SaaS renewal
Practical Tips for Creating Profitable B2B Online Courses
Thinkific Expert and business coach, Paul Thomson, shares his tips on how to create profitable business-to-business online courses.
How to Calculate and Optimize your Customer Engagement Scores
Here’s how to calculate a customer engagement score for your business, including the customer engagement score formula, key customer engagement metrics, and more.
Try Thinkific for yourself!
Accomplish your course creation and student success goals faster with thinkific..
Download this guide and start building your online program!
It is on its way to your inbox
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Student Login
- Channel Partners
- Learning Experience Platform (LXP)
- Personalized Units
- Mobile app (Android & iOS)
- Reporting (Command Center)
- Teacher Platform
- Voxy Proficiency Assessment (VPA®)
- Group Classes
- Private Classes
- Authentic Content
- English Courses
- Content Integration
- Customer Success
- Learner Engagement
- Financial Sector
- Diversity, Inclusion and Social Justice Course
- All Courses
- News & Press
- Teach with us
- Request a Demo
Learning & Development
60+ examples of questions to include in your training evaluation questionnaire.
As a learning and development professional, collecting feedback is one of the most important parts of your job. After all, you can’t improve your program without running a training evaluation to understand the opinions of people who have gone through your training.
In this article, we’ll help you understand how to collect feedback by asking the right questions . We’ll also give you some tips that you can use to apply that feedback to further training. This will allow you to perfect your training assessment program and craft a perfect evaluation questionnaire template.
What is a Training Evaluation Questionnaire?
A training evaluation questionnaire is a type of reaction evaluation that collects feedback, opinions, and information from people who have taken an assessment training course.
By asking specific questions about their recent experience, you can collect actionable feedback that can be used to improve training in the future.
A training evaluation form will also help you organize the metrics and data to measure the efficiency of your program.
When you have a great training evaluation template that fits your organization’s needs, you can improve the quality of your training and learning programs.
60 Questions to Include in Your Questionnaire
In order to get the best feedback, you need to ask training evaluation questions that are relevant, easy to understand, and have clear answers.
The questions we bring have different types of methods to respond (single or multiple choice, scale of 1 to 10, closed or open-ended). Make sure you choose a mix of types to make the experience of answering the questions more engaging.
Here are some examples of questions to choose from and ask learners before and after the training program in your questionnaire.
Before the Training Program
- What activity or task do you hope to do better after this training?
- What methods will help you learn better?
- What is your current level of experience in this field or topic?
- What is something you are excited to learn about?
- What is something that you have found helpful when training before?
- Do you have any concerns about completing this training?
- Are there any roadblocks to training that you can think of?
- What is most exciting about taking this training?
- What is most worrying about taking this training?
- What factors will determine whether or not you believe this training has been helpful?
Training ROI Template
Clearly measure the results of your l&d strategy, after the training program, about the learning experience.
- Do you consider that this training was a good investment of time?
- Did you understand the purpose of this training before taking the course?
- Do you understand the purpose of this training now that you have finished the course?
- Did you have enough preparation before training?
- Was there enough time provided in your schedule for training?
- Did the experience meet your expectations?
- What did you like best about the training? What did you like the least?
- How would you rate the quality of the training?
- Did you find the experience interactive or engaging?
- Was the pace of training too slow or too fast?
- Did the courses flow in a way that made sense?
- Have you completed online training before?
- Was this a positive online training experience?
- Are there additional training topics you would like to cover?
About training effectiveness
- Do you think the training matched the intent based on the course title?
- Did you learn what you hoped to learn through this training?
- Were there any specific key topics that you wanted to learn that weren’t included in training?
- Were you able to get answers to your questions during the training?
- Did the training only cover basics or offer new information?
- Do you believe that a follow-up session is necessary for this training?
- What percentage of this training do you think you will use?
- What percentage of this training do you think you will remember?
- Did the course meet your expectations?
- Would you be interested in another training session similar to this one?
- What improvements would you make to this training in the future?
- Should this training be offered regularly?
- Would you recommend this training to other employees?
- Would you recommend this training be a part of onboarding?
- Are there any other comments you would like to add about the training?
About communication and access to the training
- How were you told about the upcoming training program?
- Were you able to find/access the training easily?
- Did you have a productive workspace for training?
- Did you experience any glitches, bugs, or load errors in the training?
- Was it easy to see the visual elements and read the text?
About the Instructor
- How would you rate the instructor from 1-10?
- Did the instructor appear informed and educated about the topic of training?
- Was the instructor friendly?
- Was the instructor able to answer questions?
- Did the instructor provide examples and contextualize information?
- Was the instructor prepared for training?
- Did the instructor provide the group with feedback?
- Did the instructor make directions clear?
- Do you have any suggestions for instructors in the future?
About the Content, Activities and Materials
- What was your favorite training activity? What was your least favorite?
- What could be added to the training material to make it more efficient?
- Was the style of training (videos, lectures, deck, etc.) helpful to you?
- Was there enough supporting content?
- Did you have enough resources to finish the training?
- Was the material in the training organized?
- Was the material practical and helpful?
- Was the material easy to understand?
Best Tips to Apply Your Evaluation
Now that you have an idea of what types of questions to include in your training evaluation questionnaire, let’s talk about a few tips on how to apply that to training program improvements.
- Don’t get defensive about negative feedback. Instead, accept the feedback as it is collected and take it as a sign to improve.
- Identify key areas of improvement based on common feedback concerns.
- Discover which employees excel in training to potentially nurture for different roles.
- Develop additional or supporting training programs for further learning.
- Go through every survey response rather than picking just a few to use.
Tools to automate the training evaluation process
Training platforms often provide built-in evaluation and assessment tools that allow you to track learners’ progress, conduct quizzes or tests, collect feedback, and generate reports on completion rates, engagement levels, and performance metrics.
The choice of evaluation tools depends on the specific training program, its objectives, and the resources available.
If any of the training programs you’re offering don’t have training evaluation options, built in, some of the most used tools to apply training evaluation questionnaires are Google Forms and Survey Monkey .
Running training programs and improving the learning and development plan within your organization is a complex task. In order to succeed and help your company grow, you need the right support and tools at your side.
Voxy is a tool that offers job-specific training and programs to help you meet your business needs, improve collaboration, and unlock the potential of your workforce.
To learn more about Voxy, schedule a demo and discover how we can help you build a future-proof workforce.
- Student login