- Research Paper Guides
- Research Paper Topics
250 Interesting History Research Paper Topics
- Speech Topics
- Basics of Essay Writing
- Essay Topics
- Other Essays
- Main Academic Essays
- Basics of Research Paper Writing
- Chicago/ Turabian
- Data & Statistics
- Admission Writing Tips
- Admission Advice
- Other Guides
- Student Life
- Studying Tips
- Understanding Plagiarism
- Academic Writing Tips
- Basics of Dissertation & Thesis Writing
- Essay Guides
- Formatting Guides
- Basics of Research Process
- Admission Guides
- Dissertation & Thesis Guides
Table of contents
Use our free Readability checker
People often say that time travel is impossible. I beg to differ. Did you know that researching historical events can be regarded as time traveling? Because you will get more information about events as if you were there. Most university and college students in the United States consider writing history papers uninteresting. Some of their negative opinions stem from inability to come up with unique and fascinating historical research topics. If you have a history assignment and are stuck on finding a suitable title that can guarantee you success, you are in the right place. Our research paper writers for hire have compiled various history research paper topics that can inspire your essays. Select from different interesting topics in history to research and write on. Apart from giving you 250 research themes, this article also explains what these topics are, their characteristics, and how to choose them.
What Are History Research Paper Topics?
History research paper topics refer to titles that explore past times, events, and the evolution of cultures and traditions. As a branch of more broad social science research topics , they evaluate social, political, scientific, and economic developments that humans have made since the beginning of time. History research topics majorly focus on recorded and unrecorded past events and times. The theme you choose for your research paper or thesis will guide your overall content. You may be provided with history paper topics by lecturers or professors in your school or required to come up with one of your own. In this case, we have got a huge list for your selection.
Characteristics of Good History Research Topics
Before writing any history paper, you should come up with or select a suitable title. Choosing good history topics to research is a challenging task. As a scholar, you may falter at this stage and pick a topic that is unsuitable for your paper, which eventually affects your grade. Since we want to make it easy for you, we will provide a checklist of characteristics to look out for when selecting titles for your essay. Good topics for a history research paper should be:
How to Choose a History Research Topic?
Unless you are provided with a title to write on, most times, you will be required to come up with your research topics in history. Generally, this is a broad subject covering different areas. As a result, it may be a tedious task for you to try and select a suitable research topic for history paper. However, do not worry because we will present a series of steps to guide you in choosing a title for your essay. Follow this procedure when you want to pick historical topics to write about:
- Brainstorm ideas and determine the best one.
- Evaluate all background information that has been provided.
- Focus on issues that are interesting to you.
- Create a keyword list or an outline for your topic.
- Be flexible in your research.
- Ensure all titles meet assignment requirements.
List of History Topics to Research
To succeed in your essays, it is vital to come up with good research topics for history. Therefore, you should select unique and interesting historical topics to research. Below are examples of best history research paper topics:
- What were major impacts of slave trade in Europe?
- Historical development of the industrial revolution.
- Factors that promoted construction of pyramids in Egypt.
- Negative consequences of World Wars on the global economy.
- Effects of the American Civil War on people’s ways of life.
- Historical origin of the American Revolution.
- Impacts of European scramble for and partition of Africa.
- Factors that led to the US-Mexico war in 1846.
- Major reasons why the Soviet Union collapsed.
- Expressionist movement and its impacts on modern art.
The following list offers everyone what they need. If not, ask our experts for a piece of advice or generate a title to your liking with our Topic Generator .
Interesting History Topics to Research
There are many interesting history research paper topics that you can write on. However, we strive to provide you with the best. We have compiled a list of most interesting history topics for you to pick:
- What processes were taken in abolishing slave trade?
- Queen Elizabeth: A historical background of how she came to power.
- Factors that led to Americans going into Civil War.
- Main uses of money in ancient Greece.
- Science that led to discovery of polio vaccines.
- Key facts about the American Revolution.
- Assassination attempts on US Presidents in the last 70 years.
- Effects of child labor during the Puritan era.
- Major roles played by America during World War I.
- What factors made the Titanic sink?
- Environmental impacts of industrial revolution.
- What economic role did women play during the Great Depression?
- How did the Germantown Battle start?
- What influenced the Spanish-American War ?
- Roles played by religious leaders during the Aztec era.
Good History Research Paper Topics
Apart from interesting titles, there are also good topics for history research paper that can guarantee you high grades in your paper. Below is a list of good history paper topics:
- Historical origin of the Roman Empire.
- What tactics were used by Greeks in their win against Persians?
- Famous war strategies employed by Alexander the Great in his conquest of Egypt.
- What lesson can we learn from construction and implementation of the Great Wall of China?
- Most successful attacks by Julius Caesar on Great Britain.
- Hun's first invasion of Europe: An analysis of its success.
- Challenges faced by Mohammed in his journey from Mecca to Medina.
- Impacts of Aristotle’s philosophical ideas in today’s world.
- First Greek Olympiad and its legacy.
- Famous African American soldiers during the Civil War.
- Achievements of Genghis Khan in Asia.
- Russia-Ukraine war: Origin of this conflict.
- Challenges faced by the American army in Vietnam.
- Economic implications of Versailles Treaty on European nations.
- Major causes of World War II.
Unique Historical Research Topics
To stand out from other scholars, you ought to have unique history research topics. To get you there, we have provided history topics to write about:
- Historiography of reasons that led to World War I.
- Adoption of Rococo artistic style in architecture.
- Major environmental impacts of late Warthe retreat in central Europe.
- What political impacts did cartoons and propaganda experts have during World War II?
- What vital religious roles did sculptures play in ancient Greece?
- History of famous Christian symbols and their significance.
- Psychological significance of Kazimir Malevich's artworks.
- Origin and political importance of Dalits in India.
- How did Julius Caesar and Cleopatra’s relationship affect his leadership?
- Famous medics who played a crucial role during World War II.
- What key implications did Balkan Wars have on the European map?
- Achievements of Queen Victoria’s first year in office.
- Discovery of X-Rays: How and by who?
- Spanish Civil War: An analysis of first 100 days during the war.
- Key events that followed after Pearl Harbor was attacked.
Before you start writing a History research paper, go deep into the area you are studying and don't skip important dates. Get proficient paper help 24/7 if that sounds like a waste of time for you.
Popular History Research Topics
Your selection of research topics on history may also be driven by popularity. If that is the case, we have a list of history research paper topics for you below:
- What factors triggered the Great Depression?
- History of the Cold War.
- Black Death: Separating facts from myths.
- Greatest scientific inventions that have shaped how we communicate.
- Islamic Empire: Its origin and positive impacts.
- Hundred Year War: Economic impacts on French and English kingdoms.
- What key weapons were used during medieval warfare?
- What was life like during the Dark Ages?
- Significant events that took place during the Crusades.
- What caused the American Revolution?
- Similarities between the current economic recession and the Great Depression.
- Significance of French Revolution.
- Factors that led to slavery abolition in America.
- Roles played by women during the Civil War.
- Consequences of the Cold War in the Soviet Union.
Easy History Topics to Write About
Sometimes you are striving to beat deadlines for submitting your paper. Such times call for easy history topics to research. When you find yourself in such a situation, look at these easy historical events to write about for your inspiration:
- Major impacts of World War I.
- Key achievements of the Women's Rights Movement in the past century.
- Economic impacts of the biggest earthquake in America.
- Salem Witch Trials: Causes and impacts.
- How did the European invasion of Africa affect levels of education on the continent?
- Achievements of the Ottoman Empire.
- Apartheid in South Africa: Its social and political impacts.
- Causes of rise and fall of Roman Empire.
- Significant inventions during the Middle Ages.
- How Native Americans reacted to European invasions of their lands.
- Strategies used by the American government to overcome the Great Depression.
- How important was Pearl Harbor during World War II?
- Consequences brought by nuclear weapons in Europe.
- Common effects of Greek culture in Europe.
- Major roles played by Shogun in Japanese history.
History Research Paper Topics for Students
Most students always encounter challenges when it comes to selecting historical topics to research. Choosing the right title can make a difference between success and failure in your paper. This is why you need to have various history research questions to help you in selecting your focus area. It does not matter whether you are in middle school, high school, or college because we have a list of topics that will help you get good grades .
History Research Topics for Middle School
There are times when middle school students are required to select historical events to write about. If you find yourself in this situation, we have interesting topics in history suggested for you:
- European Middle Ages: Major challenges that were witnessed during that era.
- Gender bias roles and how they have changed over time in Britain.
- How many soldiers did America lose during World War I?
- In what ways have nuclear weapons changed the military?
- What measures were taken to abolish slavery in America?
- History of the United Kingdom monarch.
- How were enslaved people transported to America?
- Impacts of the Cold War on the European economy.
- Who were the first settlers in America?
- Agrarian revolution: Origin and impact in Europe.
- Evolution of man according to Darwin.
- Positive impacts brought by the Ottoman Empire .
- Significance of Shakespearean plays to modern theaters.
- Factors that facilitated the growth of the industrial revolution.
- How the motor industry developed in America.
History Research Topics for High School
If you are a high school student looking for research topics in history, you have arrived at the right place. Below we have compiled history project topics for you to choose from:
- Factors that promoted growth of the Byzantine Empire.
- Repercussions brought by World War II to Britain.
- History and growth of Civil Rights Movement in America.
- How did World War I cripple Germany's military power?
- Major factors that made it easy for colonies to win the American Revolution.
- Challenges faced by China in its space exploration attempts.
- Why was America reluctant to participate in World War II?
- Key benefits of the Cold War to Russia.
- Factors that led to eradicating most Native Americans’ cultural practices.
- American Wild West: Analysis of myths as portrayed by popular culture.
- History of the American constitution.
- Fight against terrorism: Its origin and development.
- Berlin Wall: Its social impacts on the people of Germany.
- Major social revolutions in Britain.
- Revolution of the internet.
History Research Paper Topics for College Students
There is a wide range of history research topics for college students. However, to achieve the highest grade, you must find the best history thesis topics for your term paper. The following is a list of the most popular American history research paper topics for college students:
- A comparison between Crusaders and Jihadists.
- Most effective farming tools that were used in Mesopotamia.
- In what ways has Japanese art influenced European cultures?
- Impacts of racial segregation on development of music industry in America.
- Major racial events that have plagued American society in the past 50 years.
- Key constitutional amendments that have taken place in the US over the last 100 years.
- How did Europeans use religion to conquer countries?
- Origin and benefits of vaccines to people.
- Significance of Marie Antoinette during the American Revolution.
- In what ways did the Medici family influence the Renaissance?
- How did communist manifesto influence European countries?
- Controversial issues surrounding Pope Alexander VI.
- Roles played by women during the Vietnam War.
- Manson family: Truths and myths surrounding them.
- Historical account of first space exploration by America.
Historical Events to Write About
Writing a history paper should be a fun affair. To make your experience worthwhile, we have different cool history topics for research papers. Selecting a theme from these classifications will make it easy for you to write a unique and interesting essay for your research. Go through these topics for history project and use any of them as sources of inspiration for your paper. When you decide on the idea, make sure to check how to write a research paper properly.
World History Research Paper Topics
One of the most fun titles to write on is interesting world history topics. Although this category is broad, you should not be confused about what to research and write because we have got you covered. Below are world history topics for research paper that you can choose:
- Significant environmental consequences of Persian Gulf War.
- Factors that contributed greatly to the fall of Aztec Civilization.
- What were the economic impacts brought by the rise of the Qing Dynasty?
- Key chain of events that led to the Russian Revolution and rise of communism.
- How did the Samurai culture greatly impact nations around Japan?
- Life and achievements of Nelson Mandela and his struggle to liberate South Africa from colonial rule.
- Major reasons why the Great Wall of China was constructed.
- Factors that contributed to Babylon collapsing.
- Economic significance of Constantinople in the Byzantine Empire.
- Mughal architectural influences in constructing Taj Mahal.
US History Research Paper Topics
There are a lot of American history research paper topics that you can select. However, to guarantee your success in this process, we have provided the best US history topics for research paper below:
- Ways in which early settlers in America learned to coexist together.
- Major factors that contributed to Witch Trials in Salem.
- What laws were put in place to control enslaved people in America?
- Key reasons why Boston Massacres occurred.
- What factors led to the American Revolution?
- Reasons why George Washington is regarded as one of the greatest leaders in American history.
- New roles for women after the American Revolution.
- Key events that took place in creating the American Constitution.
- Conflicts between British and Native Americans in the 19th century.
- Modern activism groups. Their origin and development in the USA.
Looking for anyone to work on your History paper? Stop googling ‘ pay someone to write my research paper ’, just contact Studycrumb and get proficient writing help.
European History Research Topics
Finding the best European history research paper topics may be difficult because of European countries' different historical and cultural backgrounds. Nevertheless, below we have created interesting European history topics that will make it easy for you:
- Niccolo Machiavelli's philosophy and its impacts.
- Most renowned artist of the Renaissance period.
- Maximillian Robespierre: Impacts brought by his reign of terror during the French Revolution.
- Factors that led to creation of Austria-Hungary.
- Rise and fall of the Viking era.
- Characteristics that are associated with Gothic art.
- Origin and impacts of Romanticism.
- A comparison of great works by Mozart and Bach in the 18th century.
- How Cubism revolutionized the art movement in Europe.
- Military role played by British women in World War II.
European history has various events described in literature. If you want to focus on how any event is depicted in literary works, don't hesitate to browse for literature research paper topics.
French Revolution Research Topics for History
The French Revolution is a significant historical period. If you are searching for the best historical topics to research about this period, look no further. Below are best history topics ideas for you to start with:
- Achievements of King Louis IV.
- Factors that contributed to Napoleon losing the Waterloo battle.
- Major causes of the French Revolution.
- How has the French Revolution affected modern France?
- Major roles played by the French Revolution in Europe.
- What was the significance of Robespierre during the French Revolution?
- How did the French Revolution influence music and French operas?
- How was Napoleon’s conquest affected by the French Revolution?
- Key societal transformation after the French Revolution.
- Causes and impacts brought by Champ De Mars Massacre.
American Revolution History Research Paper Topics
Another popular category to write on is American history research topics. When asked to write about the American Revolution, do not be confused. The following are interesting American history research paper topics for your ideas:
- Social consequences caused by the American Revolution.
- What role did women play during the revolution?
- How did the American Revolution impact Europe?
- How did typical Americans live during this revolution?
- Famous female writers during the American Revolution.
- Negative social impacts of the American Revolution.
- Similarities between the Trenton and Princeton Battles.
- Significant achievements of Alexander Hamilton during the American Revolution.
- How did the revolution change the perception of America by British?
- How did George Washington affect the outcome of the American Revolution?
History Research Paper Topics on US Civil War
When looking for popular US history topics to write about, you should consider the Civil War. If that is the case, we have good US history research topics about the Civil War for your inspiration:
- What factors led to the American Civil War?
- How is the American Civil War represented in popular culture?
- What were the roles played by African Americans during this period?
- Impact of Civil War on American society.
- Effects brought by the Civil War on ending slavery in America.
- Key roles played by Abraham Lincoln during the Civil War.
- Major roles played by women during the Civil War.
- Major course of American Civil War.
- What are the key advantages of the American Civil War?
- How did the Civil War impact distribution of wealth in America?
Cold War History Research Topics
The Cold War has some of the most interesting history topics to research. If you want to be inspired by the Cold War historical investigation topics, we have a list for you below:
- What key roles did America play during the Cold War?
- What interventions were made by the UN during the Cold War?
- How were popular cultures affected by the Cold War?
- Why is the Cold War described as an era characterized by fear?
- Key events that led to discussions to end the Cold War.
- What impacts did the Cold War have on European economic development?
- Key events that led to the Cold War.
- What major countries were involved in the Cold War?
- What was the aftermath of the Cold War?
- Cultural shifts during the Cold War.
20th Century Research Paper Topics
Are you searching for 20th-century history paper ideas? Look no further. Below are interesting research topics about history and development witnessed in the 20th century:
- Successful tactics used by Gandhi to revolt against British oppression.
- Reasons why the assassination of King Carlos of Portugal failed to provoke a revolution.
- How the Marne Battle made it easy to stop advancement of German forces.
- Factors that facilitated the Troubles in Northern Ireland.
- How did the attack on Pearl Harbor change the course of the war?
- Methods used to spread and promote Communism ideologies in Europe.
- How did the relationship between the Soviet Union and America change over time after 1945?
- Factors that led to the Chernobyl nuclear disaster.
- Friendship treaties signed between Fidel Castro and the USSR.
- Cuban missile crisis: Origin and consequences.
Modern History Research Paper Topics
You may be asked to write a paper on modern history topics. When you find yourself in this situation, go through the following history topics for research paper to get your inspiration:
- Columbian Exchange: Its origin and consequences.
- Foods taken by people during the Industrial Revolution.
- How was it living in the Wild West?
- Aftermath of the Great Famine in Ireland and how people coped.
- Negative impacts brought by David Livingstone's exploration in Africa.
- Russia's expansion of its territories and how they annexed Siberia.
- Characteristics associated with the Commercial Revolution and its impact on world finances.
- Positive consequences brought by spice trade in shaping the modern world.
- Key inventions that facilitated the Age of Exploration.
- Why was Alexander II assassinated?
Extra History Research Paper Topics
You can never fully exhaust historical titles because history is constantly changing and being written. But, by now, we hope you have a clear picture of interesting history research paper topics you can write on. But if you still need more inspiration for your essay, we will provide you with extra history research paper topic ideas classified in the following different categories.
History Research Paper Topics for Exam
Do you wish to study for your history exam and are looking for US history research topics to get you going? Not only do we have various topics on American history to aid you, but we also have interesting world history research topics. Below is a list that can jump-start your revision:
- Gender roles in 19th century England.
- Economic repercussions brought by World War II in France.
- Major people who fought for abolition of apartheid rule in South Africa.
- How Roosevelt contributed to ending World War II.
- How Alabama's claim impacted America.
- Factors that contributed to the rise of communism in China.
- Origin and development of the Syrian crisis.
- University education in Europe: Its origin and development.
- How colonization of America impacted the Natives.
- History and development of Veteran’s Day.
>> Read more: How to Write a DBQ
History Research Paper Topics for Academics
There are many interesting things to learn about in history. All you have to do is seek a fascinating historical topic to investigate and learn about. To start you off, we have topics you can look at below:
- Similarities between European and American industrial revolutions.
- Negative effects brought by the industrial revolution on the working class.
- Reasons why Black Death spread rapidly in Europe.
- Origin and development of poetry.
- Islamic architecture’s influence on modern structures.
- Negative environmental effects brought by World War II.
- Importance of Mathematics in ancient Egypt.
- Major roles played by women during the Great Depression.
- Why was iron important during the industrial revolution?
History Research Paper Topics for Experts
Scholars should not be the only ones looking for stimulating ancient history research paper topics. Experts can also find inspiration in various US history paper topics that we have provided for you below:
- Origin of the conflict between Israel and Palestine.
- Gulf War: Its causes and social effects on the people.
- Social impacts of conflicts witnessed in Syria.
- Most respected general during the Roman Empire's rule.
- Negative consequences of the Cold War on global politics and direction.
- Social and political impacts brought by racism in America.
- History of education development in Europe.
- What causes the Mexican-American wars?
- Factors that facilitated the rise of the Dutch Republic?
- Controversial issues surrounding the American Civil War.
Need more ideas? We have a full assortment of titles in different fields. From education research topics or philosophy paper topics to business research topics , you are sure to choose the one you need.
Bottom Line on History Research Topics
As a history scholar, choosing a title for your essay can seem both daunting and exciting. There are many interesting topics of history you can select to write on. However, picking the right one can be challenging. This article has provided various ideas on the US and world history topics to research and write argumentative essays on. We hope that the above list makes it easy for you to choose a title or inspire you to come up with your own. There are many good historical events to write about. All you need is to go through the list we have provided and make your choice.
Contact our writing website for help with relevant topics! We will be glad to provide students with interesting solutions and unique ideas. If you don't have time or desire to write a research paper, we can do it for you! Check out our website for more details!
Joe Eckel is an expert on Dissertations writing. He makes sure that each student gets precious insights on composing A-grade academic writing.
You may also like
- MSU Directory
Library update: Recent database changes
- Mississippi State University Libraries
- Research Guides
- Subject Guides
History Research Guide
- Research Questions
Topic to Research Question
- Finding Secondary Sources
- Primary Sources
- Digitized Primary Texts
- Government & Statistical Information
- Managing Your Research
- Specialized Research Guides
First think about historical topics that interest you broadly. Then, gather background information by reading encyclopedias, major books on the topics, and then add focus with a research question.
Qualities of good historical questions.
- Open-ended, asks "how" and "why" questions about your general topic
- Considers causes or effects
- Is argumentative and uses interpretations based on the evidence)
- Appropriate specificity (think who, where, when)
- Consider the "so what?" of your topic. Why does this topic matter to you? Why should it matter to others?
- Reflect on the questions you have considered. Identify one or two questions you find engaging and which could be explored further through research.
Example: "How did white and African-American defense plant workers create and think about interracial relationships during World War II?"
- This question investigates broad issues - interracial romance, sexual identity - but within a specific context - World War II and the defense industry.
WARNING: Avoid selecting a topic that is too broad: "How has war affected sex in America?" is too broad. It would take several books to answer this question.
A good question is narrow enough so that you can find a persuasive answer to it in time to meet the due date for this class paper. A good historical question also demands an answer that is not just yes or no. Why and how questions are often good choices, and so are questions that ask you to compare and contrast a topic in different locations or time periods; so are questions that ask you to explain the relationship between one event or historical process and another.
Adapted from: George Mason University Writing Center, (2008) " How to write a research question ," and Brown, " Writing about History ."
Connecting your interpretation to previous work by other historians:
Once you have a topic in mind, you need to find out what other scholars have written about your topic. If they've used the same sources you were thinking of using and reached the same conclusions, there's no point in repeating their work, so you should look for another topic.
Most of the time, though, you'll find that other scholars have used different sources and/or asked different questions, and that reading their work will help you place your own paper in perspective. When you are writing your paper, you will cite these historians - both their arguments about the material, and also (sometimes) their research findings.
Example: "As Tera Hunter has argued concerning Atlanta's laundresses, black women workers preferred work outside the homes of their white employers"(and then you would cite Hunter in a footnote, including page numbers).
Adapted from: Brown, " Writing about History ."
- << Previous: Home
- Next: Finding Secondary Sources >>
- Last Updated: Aug 10, 2023 10:09 AM
- URL: https://guides.library.msstate.edu/history
- SHSU Library
- Research Guides
The History Research Process
- Choosing a Topic & Framing a Research Question
- Brainstorming Search Terms
- Feasibility: Secondary Sources
- Feasibility: Primary Source Overview
- Example Assessment of Primary Sourcebase #1
- Example Assessment of Primary Sourcebase #2
- Where and How to Find Primary Sources
- Tutorial on Reading Primary Sources
- Searching: How-To Videos
- Writing History Book Reviews
- Find the Historiography of a Topic This link opens in a new window
- Evaluating Sources (new window) This link opens in a new window
- Reference Sources
- Surveying Scholarship
- Discussing Scholarship in Your Narrative
- Referencing Scholarship in Footnotes
- Chicago Citation Style (new window)
Research Topics Versus Research Questions
You will often begin by selecting a research topic, then defining a research question within this topic to investigate. What's the difference?
A simple topic is too broad. For example:
- African Americans and the Civil War may be a broad topic that interests you, but this is not yet a question you can attempt to answer.
- How did African American participation in the Union and Confederate armies change during the course of the war? is one example of a research question you might create from the previous topic.
- How were African Americans participating in the Civil War in eastern Kentucky in June of 1864? is one example of a question which relates to the previous topic, but which is too narrow in scope to be reasonable.
As you explore scholarly secondary sources and historical primary sources, you may need to periodically re-evaluate your research question to ensure that it is neither too broad nor too narrow.
Robert C. Williams suggests that a research question might:
- "ask how or why an event happened (causation, explanation)"
- "ask what the consequences were of a particular event"
- "discuss the intellectual origins of a particular idea"
- "ask what the cultural context of an event was";
- "ask whether or not an individual was responsible for a certain act"
- "ask about the social history of a political event"
- "quantify broad trends in a society at a particular time" (52)
Source: Williams, Robert C. The Historian's Toolbox: A Student's Guide to the Theory and Craft of History . Second ed. Armonk, NY: M. E. Sharpe, 2007.
Additional Resources for Selecting Topics
The following books can suggest topic ideas.
Consulting a special encyclopedia in your area of history may also inspire you with ideas for topics and research questions.
Another approach is to start with the primary sources that are available and work backwards to a research question. Browse through sources from the "Primary Sources" tab (or similar). What questions do the documents raise for you? (Maybe regarding the people who created them, the culture in which they were created, etc.) Your research might seek to answer one of your questions.
Tips for Choosing Research Topics
- Start with something that interests you. Extreme boredom will make it harder to stay motivated.
- Jenny Presnell recommends choosing a topic "that exemplifies a larger phenomenon. For instance, you may be following the current debates on the changing family in twenty-first century America and want to explore what families were like in a different place and time" (8).
This list of tips owes credit to: Presnell, Jenny L. The Information-Literate Historian: A Guide to Research for History Students . New York: Oxford University Press, 2007.
- << Previous: Home
- Next: Brainstorming Search Terms >>
- Last Updated: Sep 5, 2023 2:44 PM
- URL: https://shsulibraryguides.org/historyresearch
Newton Gresham Library | (936) 294-1614 | (866) NGL-INFO | Ask a Question | Share a Suggestion Sam Houston State University | Huntsville, Texas 77341 | (936) 294-1111 | (866) BEARKAT © Copyright Sam Houston State University | All rights reserved. | A Member of The Texas State University System
- 180 Top History Research Paper Topics
- 180 Interesting History Research Paper Topics
+1 (603) 932 7897
40 Interesting Historical Research Topics
- Last modified 2023-08-29
- Published on 2021-03-17
History is typically a required course in high school, under the umbrella of social science. History is definitely not everyone’s cup of tea; however, understanding American, European, and World History will give you an opportunity to escape your little bubble of life and gain broader perspectives about historical events and how they influence current and future events. History repeats itself, is often said. Learning about history will not only give you knowledge of the past, but also predictions for the future.
History may sound boring at first, but historical events were influenced by numerous factors, ranging from politics, technological advancement, and social circumstances. Especially, when you dive deeper into history with historical research, you will develop critical analysis and technical analysis skills through uncovering events and analyz ing how they have impacted the future through convincing arguments.
So now, you’re very interested in doing historical research, but you don’t know where to start. Every research paper starts with an interesting topic. So, ask yourself, what topic is of the most interest to you and most unique and interesting to readers? Maybe you are interested in learning more about European History during the Renaissance period, or the decolonization of Asia under the event of the Second World War . Depending on the topic, you will be able to integrate and discuss multiple perspectives that contribute to the events or incidents. Examples include: the economy, education, politics, social life, etc. While brainstorming a topic, you should also look for reliable resources. Reliable resources can come from your school’s library, scholarly and peer-reviewed articles, etc. For more details about steps in the research process, we’ve written in detail 8 critical steps while doing research you should check out.
Before going into the list, we recommend that you should have a clear direction of what historical aspect you should focus on. There are 5 main aspects when it comes to historical events:
- Religion/Philosophy: belief, creator, place of worship, ideas
- Politics: government, laws, leaders, crimes, war, military, democracy
- Economics: currency, jobs, bank, trade, stocks, gold, production
- Society: communication, personality, age, nationality, gender, religion
- Culture: traditions, clothing, appearance, festivals, food, language, sports, education, architecture
You can write any one of those preceding aspects, or a combination of two or three aspects in relation to each historical event. We’ve compiled and categorized topics to guide you on your historical research paper writing process. Using the topics, you can dive deeper into exploring which topics you’re most interested in writing about, and should be most relevant to your history career in high school and college. Now, let’s get started!
1. World History
World History is a broad and diverse research topic that covers a wide period of time: from civilization to social movement. Therefore, there are multiple topics students can choose from. Remember, world history discusses the development in the world in response to interchanges among significant countries in the world.
- World Wars I and II, the links between them, and how they could have been prevented
- American Revolution – Revolutionary War from 1775 to 1783
- Trade in the Roman World designed by The Romans created one of the most impressive road networks of the ancient world.
- The rise and fall of empires, in relation to conflicts, protests, and riots against corporate globalization, and the threat of worldwide terrorism against the West.
- Cradle of civilization: Ancient Discoveries of China, Egypt, Mesoamerica, or India, or any other civilization that le d to a high level of craft specialization and artistic production from each civilization, creating opportunities for trade
- Architecture through the ages: the changes in architecture through various traditions, regions, and dates, growing from human’s basic needs of shelter and protection.
- Women’s rights movement around the world. To see the overall timeline of women’s rights movements, you can explore women’s activism from generations past and present on the UN Women website .
- Math and Science discoveries throughout ancient history that contribute to how we apply math and science today
- Ancient conquests and their influence on the modern world map formation
- Nuclear warfare, a military conflict or political strategy which deploys nuclear weaponry.
2. United States History
For students studying in the US, United States History has always been fascinating, given its declaration of independence in 1776. American History ranges from prehistory, European colonization, American Revolution, the Federal period, the Gilded Age, the Great Depression, or the Cold War. Below are some examples for U.S Historical Research paper:
- Attack on Pearl Harbor, the military strike by Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service upon the United States against the naval base at Pearl Harbor in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- The Vietnam War: Social consequences and treatment of veterans returning from the war
- Immigration in the late 1800s: the “melting pot” and “salad bowl” metaphors
- Gold Rush and its development of the California state
- Civil War and the participation of women and African America ns
- JFK Presidency, Policy and Assassination
- My Lai Massacre, incidents of American violence committed against unarmed civilians during the Vietnam War
- Sept 11, 2001 attacks and their impact on American security policies, foreign policy, and views on Islam through media and movies
- Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s, its tactics, movements and outcomes
- Yellow journalism and its impact on Spanish-American War
3. European History
The history of Europe began with the first appearance of anatomically modern humans in Europe. European History is considered the best-documented history compared to that of other regions in the world of history. Through conducting European studies, you will be able to understand its people, culture, and the way they saw the world.
- The Nude in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance: religious or erotic?
- Italian unification
- The relationship between Turkey and the European Union, and its impact on the position that Turkey has today
- Black Death, cause, symptoms and impact
- Religious crisis in the 16th century: the birth of Protestantism
- The Agricultural Revolution and the development of market economies
- The spread of Christianity: the political aspects
- European imperialism, in relation to the economic and political power overseas
- The Industrial Revolution and societal consequences
- The influence of Locke and French philosophies on the rise of liberal political thought in Europe in the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries
4. Asian History
Asian History remains unknown to many people in the Western world . However, in the discussion of world history, the civilizations of Asia display a preeminence prior to the age of Western civilization.
- Western imperialism in Asia and Asia n transformation in the areas of religion, economy, and society
- The Story of Viet n am: From Prehistory to the Present
- Open Door policy and its impact on the economies in the US and China
- Ancient Korean & Chinese Relations
- The Forgotten History of South Korean Massacres in Vietnam
- Invasions of the Korean Peninsula and its struggle for unification
- Yasuke and its defense on Japan’s Greatest Warlord
- British Malaya: British involvement in Malay Politics
- The Great Game: a political and diplomatic confrontation between the British Empire and the Russian Empire over Afghanistan and neighboring territories in Central and South Asia.
- The Indus Valley Civilization, one of the world’s earliest civilizations
History is a topic of great breadth and depth. Historians today are fascinated by the new findings of history through the examination of archaeology and anthropology. The above are the few examples we hope will inspire you to take the next step to conduct historical research. If you are passionate about history and would like to conduct a research project in preparation for history or other liberal arts major in college or a history career in the future, we are here to help! We recently launched a new Historical Research project, along with the long-standing American, European, and World History courses.
Aralia’s History tutors are inspired teachers and professors who are committed to student success. They are recognized in their field or are currently teaching at top high schools and colleges/universities in the US.
Through Historical Research and Writing, students will learn about choosing a topic, composing research questions, effective research methods, drafting, composing, and revising. These skills will be taught with an emphasis on historical research, allowing students to engage in analysis of primary and secondary sources, discover interesting insights in history, and partake in the active pursuit of understanding the importance of the historical study.
In AP United States History (APUSH), students will review key content concepts and course objectives found in the APUSH course description through writing long essay questions (LEQ), document-based question essays (DBQs), and short answer questions (SAQs). Furthermore, students will practice using historical thinking skills tested on the exam by answering stimuli-based multiple-choice questions and through their written responses.
In this course, we will cover a period from the height of Ancient Greece to the middle of the sixteenth century, as we study the emergence of the first civilizations around modern day Europe and the trajectory of their development into Western society. We will examine the contributions of Greece and Rome and how they expanded their empires; how ideas are conceived, put into practice, and have social consequences; how and why their empires collapsed; how people and societies existed during the Middle Ages; how numerous cultures developed values and coexisted/clashed with others; and how a broken Europe, after several starts, reinvigorated itself with the Renaissance, and split again in the Reformation.
This course will allow students to discover important moments in World History while developing academic, writing, and communication skills. By studying, reading, and writing about World History, students will gain a better understanding of how the modern world came to be and how past events dictate current ones.
Explore the rise and fall of empires, the clash, and encounter of cultures, plagues, religious fervor, and political intrigue and war. This course aims to discover the complex interactions between Native Americans, Europeans, and Africans in different regions of North America across more than 500 years of history.
- Academic Tips
Interested in learning more?
Aralia Education is an innovative online education platform for ambitious middle and high school students worldwide. Aralia’s instructors propel students forward by helping them build a strong foundation in traditional academic courses. They also actively engage and guide students in exploring personal interests beyond their school curriculum. With this holistic approach, Aralia ensures its students are well-prepared for college and equipped for success in their future careers.
- Signature Courses
- High School Introduction
- Academic Tutoring
- Test Preparation Courses
- 1 on 1 Tutoring
- Student Awards
Give us a call: +1 (603) 932 7897
Add us on WhatsApp:
Explore your training options in 10 minutes Get Started
- Graduate Stories
- Partner Spotlights
- Bootcamp Prep
- Bootcamp Admissions
- University Bootcamps
- Software Engineering
- Web Development
- Data Science
- Tech Guides
- Tech Resources
- Career Advice
- Online Learning
- Tech Salaries
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- University Admissions
- Best Schools
- Bootcamp Financing
- Higher Ed Financing
- Financial Aid
- Best Coding Bootcamps
- Best Online Bootcamps
- Best Web Design Bootcamps
- Best Data Science Bootcamps
- Best Technology Sales Bootcamps
- Best Data Analytics Bootcamps
- Best Cybersecurity Bootcamps
- Best Digital Marketing Bootcamps
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Browse All Locations
- Digital Marketing
- Machine Learning
- See All Subjects
- Bootcamps 101
- Full-Stack Development
- Career Changes
- View all Career Discussions
- Mobile App Development
- Product Management
- UX/UI Design
- What is a Coding Bootcamp?
- Are Coding Bootcamps Worth It?
- How to Choose a Coding Bootcamp
- Best Online Coding Bootcamps and Courses
- Best Free Bootcamps and Coding Training
- Coding Bootcamp vs. Community College
- Coding Bootcamp vs. Self-Learning
- Bootcamps vs. Certifications: Compared
- What Is a Coding Bootcamp Job Guarantee?
- How to Pay for Coding Bootcamp
- Ultimate Guide to Coding Bootcamp Loans
- Best Coding Bootcamp Scholarships and Grants
- Education Stipends for Coding Bootcamps
- Get Your Coding Bootcamp Sponsored by Your Employer
- GI Bill and Coding Bootcamps
- Tech Intevriews
- Our Enterprise Solution
- Connect With Us
- Reskill America
- Partner With Us
- Resource Center
- Coding Tools
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
The Top 10 Most Interesting History Research Topics
Choosing history research topics is one of the hardest and most time-consuming things to do, especially if there is no guidance. You have to employ the right research skills to find authentic sources and ensure that your history research questions are precise and clear.
So to make your work easier, we have curated history research paper topics for college students and high schoolers, as well as examples of history research questions you can use for your assignment.
Find your bootcamp match
What makes a strong history research topic.
Clarity makes a strong history research topic. History is a broad subject, so your topic should be well-defined and your language should be simple enough for the reader to understand the basic outline of your history research project. In other words, there should be no ambiguity. An ambiguous topic will be much harder to write than a clear one.
Tips for Choosing a History Research Topic
- Understand the requirements. Pay attention to your academic level and make sure that you are clear on what is expected of you. Keep referring to your assignment as you go along to ensure that you do not deviate from it.
- Choose a topic that interests you. If your history topic is boring, doing the research and writing the paper will become tedious work. It is important that you select a topic that appeals to you and that you will enjoy writing about. Even if you choose a controversial topic, it’s worth pursuing as long as it will motivate you to keep writing.
- Be objective. Movies such as Pearl Harbor have romanticized history as their subject, so make sure you select a topic based on facts and not merely your opinion. This will help in removing bias from your research questions as well.
- Begin your search for research sources early. Ensure that there are adequate primary and secondary sources for your research assignment. You can also consult other alternative sources for your research. Remember to also make use of your high school or college librarian. They will guide you toward reliable sources.
- Consult others when necessary. Whenever your assignment requirements are unclear to you, consult your professor. You can also brainstorm with fellow students to get more ideas on what topic you should select, or visit your university’s writing center to get a refresher on how to write strong topic sentences.
What’s the Difference Between a Research Topic and a Research Question?
A research topic refers to a broad idea that you may have chosen for your history research paper. For example, “modern history” is a general topic from which you can get various, more specific topics, such as “the role of globalization in industrialization.”
A research question takes a broad topic and narrows it down to a more specific subject. Your question will help in selecting the right sources. A research question answers the what, why, and how of the research topic. For example, what role has industrialization played in globalization?
How to Create Strong History Research Questions
A strong history research question should be empirically sound. This means that it should be narrow enough to do an in-depth analysis. However, it should not be so narrow that it can be answered with a simple yes or no. A simple search on Google should not answer your research question.
According to Kristin Poling from the Department of History at Harvard, formulating a research question requires preliminary research. You need to see whether there are authentic sources available to answer your question, and you need to understand where the gaps in the literature are. Strong questions lead to strong thesis statements.
Top 10 History Research Paper Topics
1. religion in ancient greece.
Any list of history topics about ancient Greek religion is bound to contain some gems. By digging into cultural patterns, you can explore how religion affected the social, political, religious, military, and economic development of Greece. You could even venture outside the boundaries of Greece and investigate how Christian symbols were influenced by the ancient Greeks.
2. Causes of the American Revolution
The American Revolution, also known as the United States War of Independence, is an important American historical event that occurred between 1775 and 1783. Researching the American revolutionaries behind the Boston Tea Party is a great way to understand how monumental social conflicts bring about the rise and fall of nations.
3. American Neutrality in World War Ⅰ
Also known as the First War or the Great War, World War Ⅰ was the first major global war of the 20th Century, and it lasted between 1914 and 1918. If you choose this topic, you will be able to analyze why America first made the foreign policy decision to avoid taking part in the war, as well as why it changed its mind later on.
4. Effects of the Allies’ Occupation of Germany
The Allied occupation of Germany began in 1945 after Germany was defeated in the Second World War. It refers to the joint occupation of Germany by the US, Great Britain, Soviet Union, and France. If you select this history research topic for your assignment, you will be able to delve deeper into the effects of the occupation on both Germany and the rest of the world.
5. Ronald Reagan and the End of the Cold War
The Cold War was a 20th Century battle of supremacy between the United States and the Soviet Union involving nuclear weapons. By discussing the role Ronald Reagan played in ending the Cold War, you could gain insight into the diplomatic history between these two powers or interpret how Reagan’s actions affected the course of American society.
6. Political, Economic, and Social Causes of the French Revolution
The French Revolution, which occurred between 1789 and 1799, significantly shifted the social and political ideals of all 18th Century European countries. This riveting European history research topic provides a means to explore the dangers of classism and its effects on civilian life.
7. The Legacy of Alexander the Great
You cannot learn about historical figures in ancient times without coming across Alexander the Great, the king of ancient Macedonia. Selecting this ancient history topic for your assignment will be a fascinating dive into how this key figure in history influenced Greek and Asian culture as he expanded his empire.
8. Rise of the Catholic Church as a Political Institution in the Middle Ages
The Middle Ages is a historical era between the fall of the Roman Empire in 476 CE and the beginning of the Renaissance period in the 14th century. Selecting this topic will help you understand the factors that influenced the rise of the Catholic Church as a powerful political institution in medieval Europe.
9. Impact of the Industrial Revolution on Working-Class Families
The Industrial Revolution was an era between the late 18th century and the middle of the 19th century when great strides were made in engineering, production, and manufacturing. It affected the economic and social lives of the working class and shifted gender roles. Studying industrialization effects would lend itself well to university students with access to rare books.
10. The Role of Martin Luther King Jr in the Civil Rights Movement
The Civil Rights Movement is one of the best Black history research paper topics for college students. One of the most impactful social movements, this movement was a response to the social injustice toward African Americans that continued after the abolition of slavery. Martin Luther King Jr was a key figure whose importance to American history cannot be overstated.
Other Examples of History Research Topics & Questions
History research topics.
- American Folk Art History
- Religious Symbolism in the Renaissance Era
- Impact of the Westward Expansion on Native Americans
- Amelia Earhart’s Impact on Women in Aviation
- The Rise and Fall of the Dutch Republic
History Research Questions
- In what ways have Alois Riegl’s theories shaped modern art today?
- How did the Renaissance shift the worldview of European thinkers?
- How did the Berlin Conference influence British Colonialism in Africa?
- How have women in tech history shaped the role of American women in STEM in the 21st Century?
- In what ways did the 17th century’s political and military shifts in Spain affect British rule?
Choosing the Right History Research Topic
Whether you are a high school or a college student, there are many history topics from which you can select your research project. Selecting history topics for history is highly dependent on the type of paper you have chosen to write. Argumentative research paper topics will yield different results than a comparative study or a descriptive study.
Whether you choose to select a historical figure, the military clashes between the American settlers and Native Americans, or the role of women in industrialization, make sure that you narrow down your topic and choose something that answers a specific question about an interesting issue, period, or event.
History Research Topics FAQ
Historiography is the study of recorded historical events and their interpretations. In other words, historiographies help us understand how experienced writers have shaped what, how, and why a specific history subject was recorded and interpreted a certain way.
You start a research paper by beginning with a historical overview from which you can narrow down your topics and the history research questions that you want to address. From there, you will be able to carefully choose your primary and secondary sources. According to Purdue OWL, evaluating sources is an excellent place to begin a research assignment.
You can find many research sources from online university libraries as well as websites devoted to history. The Internet is full of curated libraries such as the American Historical Association, which has resources for historical researchers to help you join the ranks of the most expert writers in the field.
Yes, you can pursue an online degree in history. Many major universities offer online history degrees as an alternative to in-person degrees. You can look up the university of your choice and check the requirements for enrollment.
About us: Career Karma is a platform designed to help job seekers find, research, and connect with job training programs to advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication .
Get matched with top bootcamps
Ask a question to our community, take our careers quiz.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Research Paper Guide
History Research Paper Topics
Last updated on: Nov 20, 2023
Good History Research Paper Topics For Your Help
By: Nathan D.
Reviewed By: Chris H.
Published on: Jan 4, 2022
Research papers can be boring and time-consuming for some high school and university students. However, students will easily create a successful paper if they pick a great research paper topic. Some professors assign topics and make them easy for students. At the same time, others leave the choice to students by giving them the freedom to choose what they want.
The following blog post is a helpful resource for students who need ideas on what topics they can write about. It includes some great topics from which you'll be able to choose the best topic or get inspiration for your paper.
History is a fascinating subject that we should all know more about. There are many topics, and it's always hard to pick which one will work best for your research paper.
However, for your help, we compiled a great list of history research paper topics that can be divided into different categories. So, pick the one that matches your interest and academic level.
On this Page
History Research Paper Topics For College Students
- Nuclear weapons and their influence on the world military clashes
- The Crusades and Jihad: What are the similarities and differences?
- Constitutional change in America: what is the role of the amendments?
- What does religion have to do with the colonist wars?
- How were ziggurats used in ancient Mesopotamia?
- Ancient conquests and their impact on modern world map development
- When were vaccines invented? Are they really useful?
- The influence of Japanese art on European culture
- How did segregation affect the American music industry?
- Is racial discrimination still a part of American society?
History Research Paper Topics Before 1877
- How did the border states perceive the battles of the Civil War?
- Impact of the 1964 elections on civil rights
- History before 1877: cause & effect
- Explain the strengths and weaknesses of the Fourteenth Amendment
- Explain American history before 1877
- Labor unions, conflicts, and strikes in the 1800s
- The British rule in the Americas and the first British settlements
- United States foreign policy in the early 19th century
- Why was the Bill of Rights added to the Constitution?
- The role of faith in American history before 1877
History Research Paper Topics Philippines
- The fundamentals of the Barrio Government System
- The origins of the name the Philippines
- Communist Party of the Philippines
- Trading with the Chinese
- The Consequences of Magellan’s murder
- US colonization of the Philippines
- Fire Mummies of the Philippines
- Christian-Muslim relations in the Philippines
- The religious belief system in the Philippines
- The reorganization of town governments under the Maura law of 1893
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
Indian History Research Paper Topics
- What are the European influences evident in Indian culture?
- The establishment of the British East India company
- British colonialism in India
- The real problem at the heart of goa's Devasthan regulation
- Indian art and the impact of Hinduism
- The issues of the partitioning of India in 1947
- First European powers in India and their trade relations
- What were the devastating impacts of British rule in India?
- India’s first empire and the rise of Buddhism
- The political activism of Dalits in India
History Research Paper Topics 20th Century
- McKinley role for American imperialism
- The reasons and causes for the start of prohibition and its effects on subsequent US history
- The assassination of John Kennedy in 1963 and its consequences
- Were imperialism in the late 19th and early 20th century justified?
- The implication of atomic weapon
- China in the 20th century
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki events
- The role of America in the Cold War
- The analysis of Martin Luther King’s speeches
- Rise of mafia
History Research Paper Topics 1900s
- Queen Victoria died-World politics and the monarchy
- What was the role of women in the 1900s?
- The formation of the league of nations
- Psychiatric methods in early 1900s America
- The first electric washing machine
- The NAACP is first founded-politics and civil rights
- The New York subway opens-innovation and science
- The origin of the piano
- How did sports help promote equality for African Americans in the 1900s?
- Gender roles of the Sioux tribe before 1900
Art History Research Paper Topics
- Why were the sculptures of great importance in ancient Greece?
- Comparative analysis of Mikhail Vrubel and Gustave Moreau art
- The relevance of Abbey Church of St. Denis in Gothic architecture
- The shifts in the art development in ancient Greece
- Can impressionism be termed as simple art or art for the simple?
- The significance of Christian symbols in Renaissance art
- The influence of Hinduism on art from ancient India
- Color psychology in the works of Kazimir Malevich.
- The Influences of Sumerian art found in Hittite art creations
- Construction of the Great Wall of China
European History Research Paper Topics
- European colonization impact on Native Americans
- The history of the French Revolution: new perspectives from Chartier and Furet
- What made Pope Alexander VI controversial?
- Great mistakes of Napoleon
- How did Venetian history affect present Europe?
- The role of politics in the spread of Christianity across Europe
- How were cities developed in Medieval Europe?
- Historical development of East European Jewry
- The main battles of World War I
- Between World War I and World War II, what are the military innovations?
Environmental History Research Paper Topics
- What is the little ice age, and what impact it may have on the climate?
- Landscape painters and environmental photography
- Renewable energy
- Discuss the most significant causes of climate change
- Global warming: what could happen if ice glaciers melt?
- Prehistoric wildlife and its importance in future eco-systems
- How do organisms survive under extreme conditions?
- What effects does biodiversity loss have on humanity?
- Ecosystem health
- Biomes and Ecosystems. What is considered a biome?
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Theatre History History Research Paper Topics
- Attitudes towards women and their role in American musical theatre
- Puppetry influence on cartoons these days
- President of the greater Euclid little theatre
- Women in restoration theatre: stages of liberation
- Theatre role as a tool in social commentary
- Artaud’s theatre influence
- Ancient Greek theatre and drama
- Theatre play
- State theatre
- The use of historically accurate costumes on stage
Interesting History Research Paper Topics
- The process of abolition of slavery and its meaning for the world
- Timeline of the 21st century
- American revolution facts
- How have taxes been introduced throughout USA history?
- Queen Elizabeth. The truth about her life.
- The conditions of life for soldiers in the First Crusade
- African American soldiers during the war
- Money and its uses in the Ancient Greek world
- The power of denial: Buddhism, purity, and gender
- Polio vaccines: historical development, types, and efficiency
Us History Research Paper Topics
- Industrialization effects on American social movements
- Amelia Earhart: Who was she? What is the truth about her life and death?
- Effect of the cotton gin on economy and slaves labor
- What did “American” mean in the 18th century?
- The oldest universities: who founded them?
- How and why were National Parks created?
- Immigrants and their ideas of the American Dream
- What did France lose because of Louisiana’s purchase?
- How did the war affect social life and citizens’ psychology?
- German-American immigration in 1854-1894
19th Century American History Research Paper Topics
- What struggles did women face in the Nineteenth Amendment?
- The genre of black popular music
- American south religious practices
- Tobacco trade in early American colonies
- The beginning of slavery in British America and the middle passage
- Women’s suffrage movement
- 1968 democratic convention in Chicago
- Was there a need to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
- The role of the United States during World War 2
- What conditions were faced by the Americans in the 19th century?
Tips for Choosing the Best History Research Paper Topic
- Here are some things to consider when choosing the topic for a history research paper.
- Make sure your topic meets the assignment requirements. Consult your professor for feedback if you're not sure, and then use their input as guidance in completing it.
- Choose a topic that interests you and will make the writing process more engaging.
- A topic that is too broad might seem impossible to research. But, the right scope will enable you to find information relevant and focused.
- Do some research and then select the topic.
- Read other researchers’ thesis statements and get an idea from them.
- Find history research papers from the past and read them for a better understanding.
- Keep the audience’s interest in mind and then choose the topic.
Keep these points in mind, and then select the best topic, then add it to our AI essay generator to get instant essay help!
But, if you still have any confusion, simply consult the best essay writing service 5StarEssays.com .
We offer the best paper writing services and have helped countless students just like you with their academic tasks. Now, finding a good history topic is easy with the help of our expert writers.
So, don’t hesitate to contact us and avail the best write essay for me? writing help.
Masters Essay, College Admission Essay
Nathan completed his Ph.D. in journalism and has been writing articles for well-respected publications for many years now. His work is carefully researched and insightful, showing a true passion for the written word. Nathan's clients appreciate his expertise, deep understanding of the process, and ability to communicate difficult concepts clearly.
Was This Blog Helpful?
- How to Write a Research Paper - Writing Guide & Examples
- 20+ Thesis Statement Examples for Research Papers
- Learn How to Write an Abstract - Steps & Examples
- How to Write a Literature Review: Steps and Outline
- How to Start a Research Paper - 9 Simple Steps
- Psychology Research Topics - 170+ Ideas for Your Paper
- How to Write a Hypothesis - A Step-by-Step Guide
- Writing a Research Proposal - Outline, Format, and Examples
- Good Research Paper Topics & Ideas for Students
- How to Cite a Research Paper with the Help of Examples
- How to Write a Research Methodology in 10 Simple Steps
- Research Paper Outline - Basic Format & Sample
- Research Paper Example: Samples to Write a Research Paper
- Great Sociology Research Topics & Ideas (2022-2023)
People Also Read
- personal statement examples
- appendix writing
- informative essay outline
- expository essay writing
- writing personal statement
Burdened With Assignments?
© 2023 - All rights reserved
- Homework Services: Essay Topics Generator
2000+ SATISFIED STUDENTS
95% Satisfaction RATE
30 Days Money-back GUARANTEE
95% Success RATE
© 2023 5StarEssays.com. All rights reserved.
LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- LOG IN Processing...
SIGN UP TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- Your phone no.
- Password Password must be minimum 8 characters.
- Confirm Password
- SIGN UP Processing...
- SEND PASSWORD