Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
- Math by topic
Download & Print Only $4.40
Addition worksheets for kindergarten through grade 5.
Our free addition worksheets start with learning addition by counting a few objects and progress to adding multiple large numbers in columns.
Choose your grade / topic:
Kindergarten addition worksheets, grade 1 addition worksheets, grade 2 addition worksheets, grade 3 addition worksheets, grade 4 addition worksheets, grade 5 addition worksheets.
Addition facts: drills and practice
Multi-digit addition: drills and practice
- Adding numbers up to 10 or 20 by counting objects
- Practice addition facts (sums to 5, 10 or 20)
- Writing simple addition equations
- Making 10 from two single digit numbers
- Adding 10 to a single digit number
- Missing addend questions (sums to 10)
- Simple addition word problems
- Adding numbers up to 10 or 30 by counting pictured objects
- Adding with number lines (2 or 3 addends)
- Addition sentences & number lines
- Addition of single digit numbers (sums to 10, 20 ...)
- Number bonds (sums 8 to 10)
- Adding doubles and near doubles
- Missing addends (sums to 10, 20)
- Adding 3 numbers within 20
- Adding whole tens
- Completing the next ten
- Adding 2-digit and 1 digit numbers mentally (no carrying)
- Adding numbers in columns (1-2 digit numbers)
- Addition word problems
- Mixed addition and subtraction word problems
- Adding single digit numbers
- Adding by completing whole tens
- Adding 1 and 2 digit numbers (no regrouping)
- Adding 1 and 2 digit numbers (with regrouping)
- Adding 3 or 4 numbers
- Missing addends
- Adding whole tens & whole hundreds
- Adding whole tens to 2-digit or 3-digit numbers
- Adding 1 and 3 digit numbers
- Adding two to four 2-digit numbers in columns
- Adding 3 digit numbers in columns
- Adding 1, 2 and 3 digit numbers
- Addition with 3 or more addends
- Adding whole tens to two digit numbers
- Adding whole tens together (2-4 addends)
- Adding whole hundreds and whole thousands (2-3 addends)
- Completing 100, whole hundreds and whole thousands
- Missing addend questions
- Adding 2-4 digit numbers in columns
- Adding in columns with up to 4 addends
- Mental addition of 2 digit numbers (with / without regrouping)
- Adding whole tens and whole hundreds (2-4 addends)
- Completing whole hundreds and whole thousands
- Adding 3-6 digit numbers in columns
- Mixed 4 operations word problems
- Missing addend problems (3-5 addends)
- Adding 4-6 digit numbers in columns
- Adding very large numbers in columns
Sample Addition Worksheet
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
Algebra & Pre-Algebra
Daily Math Review
Division (Long Division)
Order of Operations
Word Problems (Daily)
More Math Worksheets
Reading Comprehension Gr. 1
Reading Comprehension Gr. 2
Reading Comprehension Gr. 3
Reading Comprehension Gr. 4
Reading Comprehension Gr. 5
Reading Comprehension Gr. 6
Reading & Writing
Cause & Effect
Fact & Opinion
Fix the Sentences
Synonyms & Antonyms
Writing Story Pictures
More ELA Worksheets
More Phonics Worksheets
Sight Word Units
Sight Words (Individual)
More Early Literacy
Subjects and Predicates
More Grammar Worksheets
Spelling Grade 1
Spelling Grade 2
Spelling Grade 3
Spelling Grade 4
Spelling Grade 5
More Spelling Worksheets
Magic Tree House #1
More Literacy Units
Animal (Vertebrate) Groups
Butterfly Life Cycle
Matter (Solid, Liquid, Gas)
Space - Solar System
More Science Worksheets
Maps (Map Skills)
More Social Studies
New Year's Worksheets
More Holiday Worksheets
Puzzles & Brain Teasers
Logic: Addition Squares
Mystery Graph Pictures
Lost in the USA
More Thinking Puzzles
More Teacher Helpers
Pre-K and Kindergarten
Numbers and Counting
Word Search Generator
Multiple Choice Generator
More Generator Tools
Full Website Index
Basic Addition and Subtraction Mix
These printable math worksheets have a mix of both basic addition and basic subtraction problems.
Logged in members can use the Super Teacher Worksheets filing cabinet to save their favorite worksheets.
Quickly access your most used files AND your custom generated worksheets!
Please login to your account or become a member and join our community today to utilize this helpful feature.
Mystery pictures, word problems.
STW has scores of worksheets for teaching basic addition skills. Print addition mystery pictures, flashcards, and addition card games.
This page has a large collection of basic subtraction worksheets. Download and print a subtraction dice game, bingo activity, math mystery pictures, and number line activities.
This page has addition-subtraction number bonds, fact families, and number triangles.
Pictures of Our Worksheets
PDF with answer key:
PDF no answer key:
- Home |
- About |
- Contact Us |
- Privacy |
- Copyright |
- Shop |
- 🔍 Search Site
- Halloween Color By Number
- Halloween Dot to Dot
- Kindergarten Halloween Sheets
- 1st Grade Halloween Sheets
- Puzzles & Challenges for Older Kids
- Kindergarten Thanksgiving
- 1st Grade Thanksgiving
- 2nd Grade Thanksgiving
- Christmas Worksheets
- Easter Color By Number Sheets
- Printable Easter Dot to Dot
- Easter Worksheets for kids
- All Generated Sheets
- Place Value Generated Sheets
- Addition Generated Sheets
- Subtraction Generated Sheets
- Multiplication Generated Sheets
- Division Generated Sheets
- Money Generated Sheets
- Negative Numbers Generated Sheets
- Fraction Generated Sheets
- Place Value Zones
- Number Bonds
- Addition & Subtraction
- Times Tables
- Fraction & Percent Zones
- All Calculators
- Fraction Calculators
- Percent calculators
- Area & Volume Calculators
- Age Calculator
- Height Calculator
- Roman Numeral Calculator
- Coloring Pages
- Fun Math Sheets
- Math Puzzles
- Mental Math Sheets
- Online Times Tables
- Online Addition & Subtraction
- Math Grab Packs
- All Math Quizzes
- 1st Grade Quizzes
- 2nd Grade Quizzes
- 3rd Grade Quizzes
- 4th Grade Quizzes
- 5th Grade Quizzes
- 6th Grade Math Quizzes
- Place Value
- Rounding Numbers
- Comparing Numbers
- Number Lines
- Prime Numbers
- Negative Numbers
- Roman Numerals
- Add & Subtract
- Fraction Worksheets
- Learning Fractions
- Fraction Printables
- Percent Worksheets & Help
- All Geometry
- 2d Shapes Worksheets
- 3d Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Properties
- Geometry Cheat Sheets
- Printable Shapes
- Math Conversion
- Statistics Worksheets
- Bar Graph Worksheets
- Venn Diagrams
- All Word Problems
- Finding all possibilities
- Logic Problems
- Ratio Word Problems
- All UK Maths Sheets
- Year 1 Maths Worksheets
- Year 2 Maths Worksheets
- Year 3 Maths Worksheets
- Year 4 Maths Worksheets
- Year 5 Maths Worksheets
- Year 6 Maths Worksheets
- All AU Maths Sheets
- Kindergarten Maths Australia
- Year 1 Maths Australia
- Year 2 Maths Australia
- Year 3 Maths Australia
- Year 4 Maths Australia
- Year 5 Maths Australia
- Meet the Sallies
Addition and Subtraction Worksheets Hub Page
Welcome to our Addition and Subtraction Worksheets page.
Here you will find links to all of our webpages dedicated to addition and subtraction.
We have a range of addition and subtraction fact sheets, column addition and subtraction sheets, add and subtract word problems, and addition and subtraction puzzles to print and play!
- This page contains links to other Math webpages where you will find a range of activities and resources.
- If you can't find what you are looking for, try searching the site using the Google search box at the top of each page.
Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
On this page you will find links to our complete range of worksheets involving both addition and subtraction.
Quicklinks to ...
- Addition Worksheets only
- Subtraction Worksheets only
- Addition & Subtraction Worksheets by Grade
- Column Addition and Subtraction Sheets
Adding and Subtracting Fractions
Adding and subtracting positive and negative numbers, addition and subtraction word problems, addition and subtraction worksheets by grade, kindergarten addition & subtraction worksheets.
- Addition Subtraction to 5
- Addition Subtraction to 10 Coloring Sheets
- Addition and Subtraction Worksheets to 10
First Grade Addition & Subtraction Worksheets
- Number Line Addition and Subtraction
- First Grade Addition and Subtraction to 12
- Add and Subtract 10 Worksheets
- 2 Digit Addition & Subtraction Worksheets
- 1st Grade Addition and Subtraction Problems
Second Grade Addition & Subtraction Worksheets
- Add and Subtract Within 20 Worksheets
- Addition Subtraction Fact Worksheets (randomly generated)
- 3 Digit Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- 2nd Grade Addition and Subtraction Word Problems (up to 100)
3rd Grade Addition & Subtraction Worksheets
- 4 Digit Addition and Subtraction
- 3rd Grade Addition and Subtraction Word Problems (3- and 4-digits)
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions with Like Denominators
Column Addition & Subtraction Worksheets
Column addition & subtraction worksheet generator.
Here is our free generator for addition and subtraction worksheets.
This easy-to-use generator will create randomly generated worksheets for you to use.
Each sheet comes complete with answers if required.
The areas the generator covers includes:
- adding and subtracting multi-digit numbers;
- addition and subtracting with numbers to with up to 3 decimal places;
- adding and subtracting money amounts in different currencies.
These generated sheets can be used in a number of ways to help your child with their addition learning.
- Column Addition and Subtraction Worksheet Generator
Column Addition & Subtraction Graded Worksheets
Column Addition starts properly once children reach 1st grade, and after they have a good understanding of counting and place value. At first grade, children learn to add numbers up to 100 together.
Once they have mastered this, they can progress on to adding a range of 3 digit, then 4 digit numbers together in columns.
Once they reach 4th and 5th grade, they learn to add together columns of numbers which include decimals up to 2 decimal places.
- Adding Subtracting Fractions Worksheets (unlike denominators)
We also have a generator for creating your own addition and subtraction worksheets involving signed integers.
You can choose the values you want and tailor the worksheets to your needs.
- Adding and Subtracting Negative Numbers (randomly generated)
We have a range of addition problems for 1st grade and upwards.
How to Print or Save these sheets
Need help with printing or saving? Follow these 3 steps to get your worksheets printed perfectly!
- How to Print support
Return from Addition and Subtraction Worksheets hub to Math Salamanders Home Page
The Math Salamanders hope you enjoy using these free printable Math worksheets and all our other Math games and resources.
We welcome any comments about our site or worksheets on the Facebook comments box at the bottom of every page.
TOP OF PAGE
- Puzzles & Challenges
© 2010-2023 Math Salamanders Limited. All Rights Reserved.
- Copyright Policy
Home / United States / Math Classes / Worksheets / Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
Free Online & Printable Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
Addition and Subtraction are the basic operations for elementary school arithmetic. You can give your kid a chance to pl unge into practice with a whole range of addition and subtraction worksheets, which have plenty of exercises to practice adding and subtracting single-digit, 2-digit, 3-digit, 4-digit, and 5-digit numbers. These worksheets come according to your child's grade level and have varying levels of difficulty. There are pdf practice sets as well as online sheets designed for elementary school children. Children not only get exposure to a wide variety of addition and subtraction sums but build solid foundational concepts. ...Read More Read Less
- Interactive Worksheets
- Printable Worksheets
- 2nd Grade Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
Choose Math Worksheets by Grade
Choose math worksheets by topic, benefits of addition and subtraction worksheets:.
Understand drilling exercises
These online addition and subtraction worksheets provide your kid with an ample amount of practice questions and drilling exercises under various categories. Your kid learns to work on small to big numbers covering the basic operations on numbers from 1 to 5 digits.
Have fun while learning
These worksheets for kids contain appealing graphics and visuals, making them more interesting for the young ones. Moreover, they get a chance to get an ample amount of practice with fun facts and activities included in the worksheets.
Understand simplified concepts
Addition and subtraction worksheets for kids are available for both pre-schoolers and higher grade kids. The worksheets present the basic concepts of addition and subtraction in the easiest way possible. The kid can easily understand grouping and regrouping and how to use these skills to add or subtract numbers .
Learn with puzzles and riddles
Math can be more fun with games, puzzles, and riddles. These worksheets do just that. After a concept is introduced and exercises are given to the children to practice, the worksheets provide several topic-based games and riddles to test or recap what the kids have learned.
Addition and Subtraction Worksheets Explained
Addition and subtraction worksheets for kids come as a pack suitable for each grade level with exercises that are age-appropriate and simplify concepts. A whole range of topics is covered, from addition and subtraction of one and two-digit numbers to advanced operations on four and five-digit numbers. The worksheets provide plenty of drills and exercises to make your kid thorough with the core skills of addition and subtraction. Here is what the worksheets cover:
Fact Family Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
Worksheets under this category help your kindergarten child understand the family concept. The worksheets consist of exercises to find the missing members, number bonds, sorting the number sets, writing the addition and subtraction facts. In addition, kids learn to relate numbers with mathematical operators of '+' and '-.'
Basic Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
These worksheets cover simple addition and subtraction operations on single-digit numbers where the difference is up to 9. There are worksheets for simple addition and subtraction in one column, two columns, and even one row and two rows.
Addition and Subtraction Worksheets of 2-digit numbers
These worksheets include two-digit numbers arranged in one or two columns or one or two horizontal rows. Kids can add or subtract these numbers based on the basic idea of regrouping. The worksheets are available in easy and moderate-level versions. You can even download the sheets to give to your kid for practice.
Advanced Addition and Subtraction Worksheets of 3-digit & 4-digit numbers
These worksheets for higher grades include more complex concepts of grouping and regrouping, i.e., the “carry” in addition and “borrow” in subtraction. Kids get to work on three and four-digit numbers to add or subtract them in column format. They can even match their answers with those in the key to ensure they are on the right track.
Addition and subtraction of 5-digit numbers
These worksheets are exclusively designed for your kid to add and subtract five-digit numbers. They are based on advanced regrouping of digits to get the answers. Answer keys are also included so that your kid does not get lost while calculating big numbers.
Printable Addition and Subtraction Worksheet PDFs
Printable addition and subtraction worksheets for kids also come in a pdf format. You can easily download them for your kids and get a printout so that they can access them even when not online. This makes it easier and more convenient to practice sums or go through a drilling exercise at home.
Why are addition and subtraction worksheets important?
Addition and subtraction are the stepping stones for children where they learn about numbers and their relationships along with understanding of different math concepts. With the help of these addition and subtraction worksheets, you will get a better understanding of daily life activities such as counting, playing games, dealing with changes in the market and many more.
How can addition and subtraction worksheets be helpful for real life events?
With the help of these addition and subtraction worksheets, you can learn more about everyday life activities, such as measuring the amount of medicines to have, keeping count during baseball games, setting the dinner table for the family, and measuring how much a child has grown.
I don't remember about addends. Can the addition and subtraction worksheets help me?
Addends are mathematical terms which means any of the numbers that are added together. For example, in 8 + 9 = 17, 8 and 9 are addends.
The addition and subtraction worksheets consist of similar sums that will help you recollect.
I don't remember about subtrahend. Can the addition and subtraction worksheets help me with that?
Yes, the addition and subtraction worksheets have problem sums related to subtrahend.
Here is the definition of a subtrahend. A subtrahend is the term used to represent the number being subtracted from another. For example, in 6 – 4 = 2, 4 is the subtrahend.
Can I download these addition and subtraction worksheets?
Yes, the students can download the addition and subtraction worksheets at their own leisure time and solve them in offline mode.
Are the addition and subtraction worksheets timed?
Yes, the addition and subtraction worksheets are timed. This is generally done to encourage students to participate in more time-bound activities and enhance their math skills while learning about the concepts.
I am not confident about my math skills. Can I solve the addition and subtraction worksheets?
Of course, you can! These addition and subtraction worksheets are designed in three different levels – easy, medium and hard. If you want to grow your confidence, then you can begin with the easy level and as you start feeling confident of your math skills, you can upgrade your level and try the other levels as well. You’ve got this!
Simple Addition And Subtraction
Students will be able to add and subtract numbers.
- Google Classroom
- Microsoft Teams
- Download PDF
- Number Chart
- Number Counting
- Skip Counting
- Tracing – Number Tracing
- Numbers – Missing
- Numbers – Least to Greatest
- Before & After Numbers
- Greater & Smaller Number
- Number – More or Less
- Numbers -Fact Family
- Numbers – Place Value
- Even & Odd
- Tally Marks
- Fraction Addition
- Fraction Circles
- Fraction Model
- Fraction Subtraction
- Fractions – Comparing
- Fractions – Equivalent
- Decimal Addition
- Decimal Model
- Decimal Subtraction
- Addition – Picture
- Addition – 1 Digit
- Addition – 2 Digit
- Addition – 3 Digit
- Addition – 4 Digit
- Addition – Missing Addend
- Addition Regrouping
- Addition Word Problems
- Subtraction – Picture
- Subtraction – 1 Digit
- Subtraction – 2 Digit
- Subtraction – 3 Digit
- Subtraction – 4 Digit
- Subtraction Regrouping
- Multiplication – Repeated Addition
- Times Tables
- Times Table – Times Table Chart
- Multiplication – Horizontal
- Multiplication – Vertical
- Multiplication-1 Digit
- Multiplication-2 Digit by 2 Digit
- Multiplication-3 Digit by 1 Digit
- Squares – Perfect Squares
- Multiplication Word Problems
- Square Root
- Division – Long Division
- Division-2Digit by1Digit-No Remainder
- Division-2Digit by1Digit-With Remainder
- Division-3Digit by1Digit-No Remainder
- Division – Sharing
- Time – Elapsed Time
- Time – Clock Face
- Pan Balance Problems
- Algebraic Reasoning
- Math Worksheets on Graph Paper
- Preschool Worksheets
- Kindergarten Worksheets
- Home Preschool Kindergarten First Grade Math Pinterest
- Book Report Critical Thinking Pattern Cut and Paste Patterns Pattern – Number Patterns Pattern – Shape Patterns Pattern – Line Patterns Easter Feelings & Emotions Grades Fifth Grade First Grade First Grade – Popular First Grade Fractions Fourth Grade Kindergarten Worksheets Kindergarten Addition Kindergarten Subtraction PreK Worksheets Preschool Worksheets Color, Trace & Draw Coloring Color by Number Spring Cut and Paste Activities Cut and Paste Letters Cut and Paste Numbers Cut and Paste Shapes Cut and Paste Worksheets Dot to Dot Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-10 Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-20 Dot to Dot – Tracing Dot to Dot – Letter – a-z Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-50 Fruits and Vegetables Modes of Transportation Opposites Preschool Matching Worksheets Scissor Cutting Skills Size – Same and Different Size Comparison Size – Big Bigger Biggest Size – Longest and Shortest Size – Shortest and Tallest Size – Smallest and Biggest Tracing Pre Writing Worksheets Tracing – Line Tracing – Preschool Tracing – Shape Tracing – Preschool Tracing – Picture Tracing Tracing – Picture Tracing – Popular Trace and Draw Tracing – Spiral Tracing Second Grade Second Grade – Popular Third Grade Graphing Graph – Trace and Draw Graphing – Count and Graph Halloween Worksheets Pumpkin Worksheets Letter Alphabet Coloring Letter – Coloring Letter – Mazes Letters – Alphabet Chart Letters – Before and After Letters – Capital Letters Letters -Uppercase Letters Letters – Uppercase and Lowercase Letters -Missing Letters Letters -Small Letters Letters -Lowercase Letters Tracing – Letter Tracing Uppercase and Lowercase Math Addition Addition – 1 Digit Addition – 1 More Addition – 10 more Addition – 2 Digit Addition – 3 Digit Addition – 4 Digit Addition – Add and Match Addition – Add and Multiply Addition – Add Tens Addition – Adding 3 Numbers Addition – Adding 4 Numbers Addition – Basic Addition Facts Addition – Dice Addition – Making 10 Addition – Making 5 Addition – Missing Addend Addition – No Regrouping Addition – Number Line Addition – Picture Addition – Popular Addition – Repeated Addition Addition – Sums up to 10 Addition – Sums up to 20 Addition – Sums up to 30 Addition – Ways to Make a Number Addition – Sums up to 5 Addition Doubles Addition Doubles Plus One Addition Regrouping Addition Sentences Addition/Subtraction Addition/Subtraction – 1 More 1 Less Addition/Subtraction – 10 More 10 Less Algebra Algebraic Reasoning Balancing Equations Equations Pan Balance Problems Brain Teasers Decimal Decimal Addition Decimal Model Decimal Subtraction Dice Worksheets Division Division – Long Division Division – Sharing Division-2Digit by1Digit-No Remainder Division-2Digit by1Digit-With Remainder Division-3Digit by1Digit-No Remainder Fraction Fraction Addition Fraction Circles Fraction Circles Template Fraction Model Fraction Subtraction Fractions – Coloring Fractions – Comparing Fractions – Equivalent Fractions – Halves Geometry Polygon Magic Squares Magic Triangles Math Worksheets on Graph Paper Multiplication Multiplication – Basic Facts Multiplication – Cubes Multiplication – Horizontal Multiplication – Popular Multiplication – Quiz Multiplication – Repeated Addition Multiplication – Test Multiplication – Vertical Multiplication Target Circles Multiplication-1 Digit Multiplication-2 Digit by 2 Digit Multiplication-3 Digit by 1 Digit Multiplication-3 Digit by 2 Digit Squares – Perfect Squares Times Tables Times Table – 10 Times Table Times Table – 11 Times Table Times Table – 12 Times Table Times Table – 2 Times Table Times Table – 3 Times Table Times Table – 4 Times Table Times Table – 5 Times Table Times Table – 6 Times Table Times Table – 7 Times Table Times Table – 8 Times Table Times Table – 9 Times Table Times Table – Popular Times Table – Times Table Chart Times Tables – Advanced Times Tables 2 -12 – 1 Worksheet Number Number – Comparing Number – More or Less Number – Greater & Smaller Number – Hundreds Number – Ordinal Numbers Number Bonds Number Chart Number Coloring Number Counting Number – Count How Many Number Counting – Dice Numbers – Count and Match Numbers – Before, After, and Between Numbers 1-20 – Before & After Numbers – Even & Odd Numbers – Missing Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-50 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-10 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-100 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-15 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-20 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-30 Numbers – Ordering Numbers Numbers – Least to Greatest Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-10 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-100 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-20 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-30 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-50 Numbers – Place Value Numbers – Ten Frames Numbers – Tens and Ones Numbers -Fact Family Numbers 1 – 10 Numbers 1 – 100 Numbers 1 – 20 Numbers 1 – 30 Numbers 1 – 50 Numbers 1 – 15 Numbers 1-120 Part Part Whole Skip Counting Skip Counting – Count by 1000s Skip Counting – Count by 100s Skip Counting – Count by 10s Skip Counting – Count by 2s Skip Counting – Count by 5s Skip Counting – Popular Skip Counting by 2s, 5s, and10s Tracing – Number Tracing Percent Puzzles Regrouping – Addition and Subtraction Shapes Shape – Match Shapes Shape – Mazes Shape Names Shapes – Popular Square Root Subtraction Subtraction – 1 Digit Subtraction – 1 Less Subtraction – 10 Less Subtraction – 2 Digit Subtraction – 3 Digit Subtraction – 4 Digit Subtraction – Missing Minuends Subtraction – Missing Subtrahends Subtraction – No Regrouping Subtraction – Number Line Subtraction – Picture Subtraction – Subtract and Match Subtraction – Subtract Tens Subtraction – Within 10 Subtraction – Within 20 Subtraction – Within 5 Subtraction Regrouping Subtraction Sentences Symmetry Tally Marks Time Time – Clock Face Time – Draw the hands Time – Elapsed Time Time – Elapsed Time Ruler Time – Telling Time Word Problems Addition Word Problems Multiplication Word Problems Subtraction Word Problems Missing Operator Most Popular Math Worksheets Most Popular Preschool and Kindergarten Worksheets Most Popular Worksheets New Worksheets Phonics Phonics – Beginning Sounds Phonics – Ending Sounds Phonics – Middle Sounds Preschool and Kindergarten – Mazes Printable Posters Charts Science Life Cycle Spelling Spelling – Days of the Week Spelling – Months of the Year Spelling – Numbers in Words Spot the difference Theme Worksheets Theme – Animal Theme – Dinosaur Theme – Cloud Theme – Flower Theme – Fruit Theme – Transport Theme – Aeroplane Theme – Car Theme – Rocket Theme – Train Theme – Truck Thinking Skills Analogies Worksheets Picture Analogies Preschool – Connect other half Top Worksheets Uncategorized Writing
Add or Subtract – One Worksheet
- 1st Grade Free Worksheets
- 1st Grade Worksheet
- 1st Grade Worksheets
- Add or Subtract
- Addition – 1 Digit
- Addition – sums up to 20
- addition and subtraction
- first grade
- First Grade Worksheet
- first grade worksheets
- Kindergarten Addition
- Kindergarten Subtraction
- Kindergarten Worksheets
- missing operator
- Missing Operator - Add
- Mixed – Addition/Subtraction
- mixed worksheet
- Subtraction – 1 Digit
- subtraction —
Missing Operator – Add or Subtract – One Worksheet
- Mixed - Addition/Subtraction
Addition and Subtraction – One Worksheet
- addition to 20
- to addition
10 More 10 Less & 1 More 1 Less – Four Worksheets
- 1 more 1 less
- 1 more 1 less and 10 more 10 less worksheet
- 10 More 10 Less
- 10 More 10 Less & 1 More 1 Less
- Addition – 1 More
- Addition – 2 Digit
- Addition – Add Tens
- After & Between
Missing Operator – Add or Subtract – Two Worksheets
Addition/Subtraction Sentences – Three Worksheets
- 2 Worksheets
- adding using pictures
- Addition – Missing Addend
- Addition – Picture
- Addition – sums up to 10
- addition coloring pictures
- Addition Numbers up to 20
- addition pictures for kindergarten
- Addition Sentences
- Addition Sentences – 2 Worksheets
- Addition Sums To 20
- Addition Sums To 20 Worksheets
- addition to 10
- addition to 10 with pictures
- addition using pictures
- Addition with pictures
- addition with pictures for kindergarten
- addition with pictures to 10
- addition with pictures up to 10
- Addition Within 20
- addition within 20 worksheets
- free kindergarten worksheets
- Kindergarten Addition Worksheet
- kindergarten curriculum
- kindergarten lesson plans
- kindergarten math worksheets
- lesson plan for kindergarten
- math addition with pictures
- math worksheets for kindergarten
- picture addition
- picture addition to 10
- pictures for addition
- PreK Worksheets
- simple addition with pictures
- Single Digit Addition
- single digit addition with pictures
- Subtraction – Picture
- Subtraction Sentences
- sums under 20
- sums up to 10
- sums up to 20
- worksheets for kindergarten
Mixed – Addition/Subtraction – 5 Worksheets
Mixed – Addition/Subtraction – 2 Worksheets
Number Line – Addition and Subtraction – 1 Worksheet
- Addition – Number Line
- Mixed Addition and Subtraction
- Number Line
- Number Line – Addition and Subtraction – 1 Worksheet
- Subtraction – Number Line
Missing Operator – Add or Subtract – 4 Worksheets
Missing Operator – Add or Subtract – 2 Worksheets
Scroll to Top
Mixed Operations Math Worksheets
Welcome to the mixed operations worksheets page at Math-Drills.com where getting mixed up is part of the fun! This page includes Mixed operations math worksheets with addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and worksheets for order of operations. We've started off this page by mixing up all four operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division because that might be what you are looking for. If you're looking for something a little more specific, just scroll down to find the mixed addition/subtraction worksheets, mixed addition/subtraction/multiplication worksheets and the mixed multiplication/division worksheets.
Once students are fairly comfortable with worksheets that only challenge them to use one operation, they might get slightly complacent about paying attention to the operation being used. This is where mixed operations worksheets help; they encourage students to notice and use the correct operation. Observation skills related to operational signs, we have found, are quite beneficial to student achievement in mathematics. They are also beneficial when calculating how much material is needed to pave a road. Don't leave your students short! Get them noticing the signs today!
Most Popular Mixed Operations Math Worksheets this Week
Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
Math worksheets that include mixed addition and subtraction pages with one operation per question.
Addition and subtraction facts to 9 worksheets
Whether you're trying to teach the relationship between addition and subtraction, you're testing a student's mastery of their addition and subtraction facts, or you want some practice worksheets to turn your student into a future engineer, these addition and subtraction worksheets have what you need.
Addition and subtraction facts beyond 9 worksheets
Multi-Digit addition and subtraction
Multiplication and Division Worksheets
Math worksheets that include mixed multiplication and division pages with one operation per question.
Mixed multiplication and division worksheets
These multiplication and division worksheets are useful for students to see the relationship between multiplication and division. Working backwards from multiplication facts to division facts is a valuable skill to have for any student.
Multiplying and dividing by focus numbers
Mixed multiplication and division (horizontal)
European Format Mixed multiplication and division (horizontal)
The European format versions are made to fit on A4 paper and use a colon instead of an obelus for the division sign and a dot instead of an × for the multiplication sign.
Addition, Subtraction and Multiplication Worksheets
Math worksheets that include mixed addition, subtraction and multiplication with one operation per question.
Mixed addition, subtraction and multiplication worksheets
Sometimes division is that one extra little step that students haven't quite mastered, so the following worksheets exclude divsion. Whether you are differentiating the learning in your classroom or want something for the whole group, you will probably find it here.
Mixed addition, subtraction and multiplication worksheets (Horizontal)
European Format Mixed addition, subtraction and multiplication (Horizontal)
All Operations Worksheets
Math worksheets that include mixed addition, subtraction, multiplication and division pages with one operation per question.
Time to mix it up! We have included a mixture of multiple operations worksheets for many different levels. Choose the one that is most appropriate for your student.
All operations mixed worksheets
All operations mixed worksheets (Horizontal)
European Format All Operations Mixed worksheets (Horizontal)
The Euro format versions are made to fit on A4 paper and use a colon instead of an obelus for the division sign and a dot instead of an × for the multiplication sign.
Input/output tables with individual and mixed operations.
Input/output tables (blank outputs)
Order of Operations
Order of operations with whole numbers.
The order of operations worksheets in this section actually reside on the Order of Operations page, but they are included here for your convenience.
Operations in Other Base Number Systems
Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing numbers in number systems other than decimal numbers including binary, quaternary, octal, duodecimal and hexadecimal numbers.
Operations in other base number systems
simple addition and subtraction worksheets
Resource types, all resource types, simple addition and subtraction worksheets.
- Rating Count
- Price (Ascending)
- Price (Descending)
- Most Recent
Kindergarten Math - Simple Addition and Subtraction Worksheets with pictures
- Easel Activity
Simple Word Problem Worksheets Using Addition and Subtraction Facts Up to 20
Simple Word Problem Worksheets Using Addition and Subtraction Facts 1-10
Simple Addition and Subtraction to 5 Worksheets with Pictures
Simple Addition and Subtraction Cut and Paste and Matching Worksheets Special Ed
Picture Addition & Subtraction Differentiated Worksheets Simple Math Activities
" Simple Math" - Single Digit Addition & Subtraction Worksheet (2 pages)
Simple Addition and Subtraction Christmas Themed Math Worksheet Printables
Simple Addition and Subtraction Fall Themed Math Worksheet Printables
Back to School SIMPLE Addition and Subtraction Worksheets BUNDLE
Valentine's Day Simple Addition and Subtraction Cut & Paste Worksheets SPED Math
Fall Simple Addition and Subtraction Worksheets Packet | Fall Basic Facts SPED
Simple Addition and Subtraction Worksheets for Kindergarten
Simple Math Fun Kindergarten Addition and Subtraction Math to 5-20 Worksheets
Kindergarten Math- Simple Addition and Subtraction Worksheets .
Simple Number Bonds Addition & Subtraction Blank Worksheet Template
Simple Addition and Subtraction Mental Arithmetic Maths Worksheet
Fall Simple Addition and Subtraction Cut & Paste Worksheets Fall Math Basic Fact
Winter Simple Addition and Subtraction Worksheets Packet | Math Basic Facts SPED
Solving Simple Algebraic Equations: Addition and Subtraction Only Worksheet #2
Solving Simple Algebraic Equations: Addition and Subtraction Only Worksheet #1
Solving Simple Algebraic Equations: Addition and Subtraction Only Worksheet
Mixed Addition and Subtraction to 20 | Simple Math Activities Worksheets
Summer Simple Addition and Subtraction Worksheets Packet Summer Basic Facts SPED
- We're hiring
- Help & FAQ
- Student privacy
- Terms of service
- Tell us what you think
- English Language Arts
- Graphic Organizers
- Social Studies
- Teacher Printables
- Foreign Language
Home > Math Worksheets > Algebra Worksheets > Addition and Subtraction Equations
The goal of this section is to help you master addition and subtraction that is contained within equations. The topics covered in this worksheet section include: balancing additive and subtractive algebraic equations in order to solve for a variable. Positive and negative numbers and fractions are covered. This set of worksheets introduces your students to the concept, and provides examples, short practice sets, longer sets of questions, and quizzes. Some of the equations you come across here will involve fractions and even irrational numbers at first look. Just take your time and look at each equation thoroughly, you might see something you didn't after the first glance. These worksheets demonstrate how to solve linear equations with and without fractions and provide practice equations for each method.
Get Free Worksheets In Your Inbox!
Print addition and subtraction equation worksheets, click the buttons to print each worksheet and associated answer key., solving addition equation lesson.
Learn how to solve the following equation that includes fractions: y + 2/10 = 2/10. We will walk you through how to handle all the necessary operations.
Addition and Subtraction to Solve Equations
You will be given a lesson that demonstrates how to solve these problems and then you are asked to solve an equation with fractions. The answer may be a negative fraction. Example: 1/12 - y = 5/6
Solve these 10 equations. Example: 5/11 + y = 52/6. Remember that you can check your answer by putting it in place of the variable and see if it works out.
Follow the process that we explained above to track your way through these problems. Example: 210/x = 8. The second part of this worksheet will have you solve the problem without all the complex math.
Solving Equations with Fractions
8 problems can be found on this worksheet. The problems are a bit more complex. Example: 3/11 - x = 6/12
Wrap Up Worksheet
Solve these equations with fractions. Example: What is the perimeter of a rectangle whose longer side is 102/6 and the shorter side is half of that?
Different Signs Lesson
Learn how to solve linear equations such as the following: -x = 8 - 14. It will show you how to handle integers that have the same or different signs when solving these problems.
Working Math Statements
Write as an equation. Then solve (two more practice problems included): "When you add 16 to a number r, the sum is -5."
Practice the Skill
Plenty of practice problems for you to work with. These problems flex your muscles on both addition and subtraction. Example: -15 - x = 43
Equations From Math Sentences
Write as an equation and then solve these math sentences. Example: The difference of 10 and a number is 23.
The negative integers can be countered with positive integers and vice versa. Example: 9 - x = -24
For these three problems: first simplify the side that does not have a variable present, then solve. Example: X + 13 = (-9) + 16
How to Solve Addition and Subtraction Equations
Mathematics is the bedrock that the entire world is built on. It allows us to understand how the world works, quantify everything, add a calculated value to it, and then compute it under different conditions. Two of the most basic ways to solve math equations are addition and subtraction.
Most of the mathematics we know follows these two forms of calculation. Understanding how to solve addition and subtraction equations will make mathematics simpler.
Addition and subtraction are two of the four pillars that mathematics stands on, the other two being multiplication and division. The concept of addition means increasing the existing number by introducing a new value to it. This means that if you have 5 apples, the addition of 4 more will bring the total number of apples up to 9.
The concept of multiplication also uses addition, bypassing the individual addition and simply taking the existing value and then increasing the value as many times as required, but with fewer steps.
A simple example of addition is 2 + 2 = 4
You take 2, add an additional 2 and get a result of 4. All of us know how this works.
As we move forward, we can add a variable to the equation e.g. 2 + a = 5
You take 2, add an unknown variable (a) and the result is 5. To solve this, we will use the addition principle which states that if one side of the equation is of a certain value, the other must be brought up to that same value for the equals-to sign to be justified.
2 + a = 5 a = 5 - 2 a = 3
The process of subtraction is tied in with the concept of removing a certain amount from an existing value. For example, you have 10 apples in a crate. You take out 3 and are now left with 7. This is subtraction. Subtraction is addition done backward.
A simple example of subtraction is 3-2=1
You take 3, remove the 2 from it, and you are left with 1. This is simple and straightforward.
As we move forward, we add a variable to the equation and e.g. 3-a=2
Here, you take 3, subtract an unknown variable (a) and your answer is supposed to be 2. Once again, the addition principle will kick in and we will now balance out the equation to make both sides equal.
3 - a = 2 3 - 2 = a a = 1
To test this, we will insert the value of the variable into the original equation and get the same answer.
Addition and subtraction are among the most important pillars that the entire field of mathematics stands on. They take ordinary numbers and allow you to change them into completely new ones. By using addition and subtraction, it has become easier for the entire world to go from a basic society of cave-dwelling hunters into a species that is exploring the outer reaches of space. Without these functions and equations, much of the world around us would simply cease to exist.
It is important to understand how they work because at a basic level, they are rather simple. As you progress, they will begin to get more complex, and if you have a stable foundation, it will be easier for you to build up on it. Regardless of complexity, it will always have the same basic theory that is at work
It is time to explore the process of solving basic equations. All the work on these pages involve only sum and differences split into equations. The basic process that you want to follow includes three basic principles. Start by looking simplify both sides of the equation to the lowest form possible. You can do this by looking for like terms and combining them. If parentheses are present, work those all the way through. The next step is to counter any operators that exists. Just apply the opposite operator to both sides of the equation. The last step usually requires us to free the variable from any constants that are compounded with this. A simple multiplication or division on both sides will get this done for you. Make sure to check your answer by plugging the value into the original problem, if it works out you solved it.
- Number charts
- Skip Counting
- Place Value
- Number Lines
- Word Problems
- Comparing Numbers
- Ordering Numbers
- Odd and Even
- Prime and Composite
- Roman Numerals
- Ordinal Numbers
- In and Out Boxes
- Number System Conversions
- More Number Sense Worksheets
- Size Comparison
- Measuring Length
- Metric Unit Conversion
- Customary Unit Conversion
- More Measurement Worksheets
- Writing Checks
- Profit and Loss
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Tally Marks
- Mean, Median, Mode, Range
- Mean Absolute Deviation
- Stem-and-leaf Plot
- Box-and-whisker Plot
- Permutation and Combination
- Venn Diagram
- More Statistics Worksheets
- Shapes - 2D
- Shapes - 3D
- Lines, Rays and Line Segments
- Points, Lines and Planes
- Ordered Pairs
- Midpoint Formula
- Distance Formula
- Parallel, Perpendicular and Intersecting Lines
- Scale Factor
- Surface Area
- Pythagorean Theorem
- More Geometry Worksheets
- Converting between Fractions and Decimals
- Significant Figures
- Convert between Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Direct and Inverse Variation
- Order of Operations
- Squaring Numbers
- Square Roots
- Scientific Notations
- Speed, Distance, and Time
- Absolute Value
- More Pre-Algebra Worksheets
- Translating Algebraic Phrases
- Evaluating Algebraic Expressions
- Simplifying Algebraic Expressions
- Algebraic Identities
- Quadratic Equations
- Systems of Equations
- Sequence and Series
- Complex Numbers
- More Algebra Worksheets
- Math Workbooks
- English Language Arts
- Summer Review Packets
- Social Studies
- Holidays and Events
- Worksheets >
- Algebra >
- Equations >
- One-Step >
- Addition / Subtraction
One-Step Equation: Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
One-step equation worksheets have exclusive pages to solve the equations involving fractions, integers, and decimals. Students of grade 6, grade 7, and grade 8 are required to perform the addition and subtraction operation to solve the equations in just one-step. There are some free pdfs too!
Integers: Level 1
In these printable worksheets, solve each one-step equation using addition and subtraction operations. In 'Level 1', all the integers and variables given are positive.
Integers: Level 2
In 'Level 2', both positive and negative values of integers are used in each equation. Each worksheet has 10 problems for practice.
Fractions: Level 1
In these pdf worksheets, a variety of one-step equations which involve addition and subtraction of fractions are here for children. 'Level 1' contains equations with proper and improper fractions.
Fractions: Level 2
In level 2, one-step equations have mixed numbers as their coefficients. Convert the mixed numbers to fractions and solve the equations for a complete practice.
Decimals: Addition and Subtraction
This section involves addition and subtraction operation to solve each one-step equation. Decimal numbers are the only terms used in these worksheets.
One-Step Equations: Integers, Fractions and Decimals
Each printable worksheet has ten equations which involve addition and subtraction operation. A combination of integers, fractions and decimals are used in these equations to provide practice for 6th grade, 7th grade, and 8th grade students.
One Step Equation Word Problems Worksheets
Access this series of tenaciously prepared one-step equation word problems that require multiple arithmetic operations to solve them.
» Two-Step Equation
» Multi-Step Equation
» Equation Word Problems
» Translating Phrases
Become a Member
Copyright © 2023 - Math Worksheets 4 Kids
Members have exclusive facilities to download an individual worksheet, or an entire level.
Free Printable Worksheets for Kids
- Worksheet Generator »
- Math Worksheet Generator »
Addition Worksheet Generator
Whether you’re a parent or teacher, our printable addition worksheet generator is the perfect tool for encouraging children to practice their addition skills. Let’s find out how you can create your own personalized worksheets quickly and easily!
Worksheet title, first addend (range), second addend (range), number of problems.
If you have made any changes, press regenerate button to refresh the preview.
You may also like:
Even and odd numbers.
- Add. / Sub. Fact Families
- Picture / Name Tracing
- Sentence Tracing
- Name Tracing
- Word Tracing
- Number Tracing
- Pre-Writing Practice
- Scissors Skills / Cutting
- Lined Paper
- Word Scramble
- Matching List
- Word Search
- Spelling Test
- Alphabet Flashcard new
- Chore Chart
- Telling Time
- Even Odd Numbers
- Multi. / Div. Fact Families
Printable addition worksheets are an invaluable resource for both parents and teachers looking for fun ways to teach kids math without making it feel like a chore.
With our generator, creating personalized sheets is quick and easy; allowing you to get back to teaching in no time! So if your little ones need some extra practice with simple math equations, try creating customized addition worksheets today. It might just be the key to unlocking their math potential!
Make Learning Math Fun with Addition Worksheets
Math can be a complicated subject for many kids, and it can take a lot of practice to learn basic addition. That’s why printable addition worksheets are such an incredible resource. They make learning math fun and help kids master key skills.
The Benefits of Printable Addition Worksheets
- Printable addition worksheets are so useful because they provide structure and support to young learners who may otherwise struggle with math.
- Parents and teachers can customize these worksheets according to the learning level of young learners. This can help kids understand the concepts more quickly.
- When children complete these worksheets at home or in the classroom, it gives them a sense of accomplishment that encourages further learning.
How Our Generator Works
Our printable addition worksheet generator is incredibly easy to use. All you need to do is
- Select the Header Options.
- Set the Worksheet Title.
- Set the First Addend Range. It can be from 1-9999. For example, for creating one digit sheet, set the range from 1-9. Similarly for two digit sheet, set the range from 10-99 and so on. For three digit worksheet, set the range from 100-999 and four digit, set the range from 1000-9999.
- Set the Second Addend Range. It can also be from 1-9999.
- Select the number of problems per page. It can be 10, 15 or 20.
- Set the layout to be horizontal or vertical.
- There’s is also an option to toggle problem numbers.
- Click on the blue “Regenerate” button. Each time you click on this blue Regenerate button, you will be able to generate a new worksheet.
- Click the green “Download” button at the bottom of the preview image to download your PDF file.
This way you can create addition worksheets of different levels of difficulty depending on your child’s age or skill level. That way, these sheets will keep challenging them as their skills grow!